Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

Ryan Smith filled in for Amy today, while she filled in next to George for Robin who is on vacation. Boy, Ryan Smith is always pretty enjoyable when he's there and today he reminded me why this show needs more than one male not to mention he was really funny with Lara. Since Michael isn't full-time on GMA and the show needs to think long-term as well, I really hope that they put RyRy as Lara calls him on the show more often. Ginger was on location this morning but even their chemistry together on GMA Live is pretty good.

interesting

http://pagesix.com/2014/04/07/stephanopoulos-reportedly-upset-with-abcs-gma-direction/

While these things should always be taken with a grain of salt, it wouldn't surprise me if part of it was true. He says that "I’m proud of our continued success at ‘GMA,’ ‘This Week’ and ABC News, and I’m confident that will continue." While I don't doubt that, it doesn't mean that he's disappointed in the direction Good Morning America is heading. You can be proud that your team/organization has new-found success and is on top of the pack yet be disappointed in what it's done in order to get there and what it's doing to stay there.

What exactly has GMA done in order to get to the top and to stay there that one could be disappointed in.

Many consider GMA to be filled with puff pieces and have a tabloid style, especially with their graphics, that doesn't come off as serious. In other words, one could argue that they've sacrificed hard news (and now apparently men) for lighter, softer news with an eccentric style in order to be/stay number one.

Many consider GMA to be filled with puff pieces and have a tabloid style, especially with their graphics, that doesn't come off as serious. In other words, one could argue that they've sacrificed hard news (and now apparently men) for lighter, softer news with an eccentric style in order to be/stay number one.

The same can be said for the Today Show though. I'd even say Today is even more fluff than GMA.

Oh yes that argument. Valid arguments to consider but I like the approach they've taken. GMA was always meant to be a more entertaining and flashy alternative to NBC's offering and that has been more successful for them as opposed to taking a more serious approach to news.

Dan Abrams, Ryan Smith, Dan Harris or David Muir are my best guest. Maybe even Michael Strahan. But definitely need to get someone in there as main fill in to prepare for whenever George decides to leave.

I'm guessing that for the first few months we'll see all of them getting a chance to sub in until the folks in charge figure out who gels best with the rest of the anchors.

That's pretty much what I was thinking, as well. My original point wasn't properly worded, I should have specified and said primary fill-in.

IF (and that's a big if) Michael Strahan joins GMA, I would think he would only be on perhaps the first hour? Otherwise, how else would he have time to get back to the LIVE set for his show?

That's what all the reports are saying. He would work the 7am hour and not all 5 days.

IF (and that's a big if) Michael Strahan joins GMA, I would think he would only be on perhaps the first hour? Otherwise, how else would he have time to get back to the LIVE set for his show?

It's been confirmed by Michael, Robin, Lara and Amy all on separate occasions. I think ABC has delayed the official on air announcement so that it didn't come right on the heels of Josh's sudden departure and not to mention Robin is off this week. He'll be in the first hour and record segments/stories for the second hour.

I was just watching WPVI not too long ago, and noticed something during the live cut-in.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202780971197644&set=a.10202685458169878.1073741840.1601287227&type=3&theater

Yep, another update to the set. Right behind Amy Robach.

I don't know why they keep doing this, but to each his own.

Watching right now and in the first half hour after tossing to the first story, George and Lara(in for Robin) are sitting at the desk normally used during the 8:00 o'clock hour in front of the window.

EDIT: at 7:13 they're now back at home base.

What are the splashes of what I presume is water all about on the GMA open and on various other ABC News stuff?

It's a leftover from ABC's "start here" campaign from 2007 (
). I don't think the water splashes ever should have been carried over to News but since the campaign has been discontinued I don't know why that stuff is still on the GMA open.

Might as well post this here, but what's with GMA's infatuation with the Pharell song "Happy"? They play the song on virtually every promo for GMA. That song has always played to death (not just by GMA, but by the media in general) to the point it annoys the hell out of me every time it's played...