Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

I have to say, Gio Benitez is moving up rather quickly in the rankings at ABC News recently. He is practically a co-anchor of GMA Live and is the main reporter for 20/20 tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a spot somewhere in a bigger position soon.

One thing ABC is very good at, is building up reporters.

I have to say, Gio Benitez is moving up rather quickly in the rankings at ABC News recently. He is practically a co-anchor of GMA Live and is the main reporter for 20/20 tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a spot somewhere in a bigger position soon.

One thing ABC is very good at, is building up reporters.

Haven't been watching it regularly. Is it not Josh, Lara, and Ginger every day anymore?

For me Josh didn't make the show so it's not a complete loss for me. This is certainly Today's best chance of ratings gains but at the same time, Amy is a very strong anchor and part of the team.

With this, I would expect David Muir to replace George if he gets World News because I doubt they will go all female.

Something else I find interesting, both Josh and Sam have gone to the NBC side. I wonder if ABC will try to steal someone from NBC? Maybe Natalie or Ann? Just a thought.

For me Josh didn't make the show so it's not a complete loss for me. This is certainly Today's best chance of ratings gains but at the same time, Amy is a very strong anchor and part of the team.

With this, I would expect David Muir to replace George if he gets World News because I doubt they will go all female.

Something else I find interesting, both Josh and Sam have gone to the NBC side. I wonder if NBC will try to steal someone from NBC? Maybe Natalie or Ann? Just a thought.

I know you mean ABC, so it would be very interesting if and when it makes a steal from NBC. The most (or least) surprising would definitely be Ann Curry. Let's see where things go from here on out.

Taking back an hour from the affiliates might be more problematic than switching the 9/10am (or the 9 and 11am spots on the East Coast) spots with them. That is, if they do decide to cancel The View, they can trade the 9 am spot from the affiliates to the network in exchange for the 10 (or 11) am slot. Some affiliates have newscasts at 11am or 12Noon, and having some kind of syndicated program might serve as a better lead in than The View. As it stands now, The View is just unbearable. It was a lot better when they were arguing/agreeing/disagreeing about things, now it's boring. Plus with Barbara's retirement, the show really has nothing left.

Here's an idea: Either dump "The Chew", or provide another same-day feed of it so KSAT doesn't have to tape delay it by one day (the reccomeneded slot is Noon CT but KSAT airs the high-rated News at Noon at that time; this wasn't a problem when All My Children was still around since ABC provided multiple same day feeds of it).

I could see the Chew getting the shaft and 9AM being given to the network. Better idea than dumping "The View" since people (not me) still watch that.

And if they add a third hour, here's hoping it won't be anything like "GMA Live". That webcast is a disaster and painful to watch. Fox's "After the Show Show" is much better to sit through because the hosts are laid back and themselves and not running off five or six cups of coffee like the people on GMA Live.

Taking back an hour from the affiliates might be more problematic than switching the 9/10am (or the 9 and 11am spots on the East Coast) spots with them. That is, if they do decide to cancel The View, they can trade the 9 am spot from the affiliates to the network in exchange for the 10 (or 11) am slot. Some affiliates have newscasts at 11am or 12Noon, and having some kind of syndicated program might serve as a better lead in than The View. As it stands now, The View is just unbearable. It was a lot better when they were arguing/agreeing/disagreeing about things, now it's boring. Plus with Barbara's retirement, the show really has nothing left.

I agree The View is loosing its' touch but the ratings aren't. As much as people like to hate her, Elizabeth made the program interesting with her personality and when she disagreed, it made the show more interesting. ABC needs to go back to a 5 person panel and they need to choose 2 very good people. That said, the ratings at The View are doing well has always and the show isn't going anywhere.

Here's an idea: Either dump "The Chew", or provide another same-day feed of it so KSAT doesn't have to tape delay it by one day (the reccomeneded slot is Noon CT but KSAT airs the high-rated News at Noon at that time; this wasn't a problem when All My Children was still around since ABC provided multiple same day feeds of it).

I could see the Chew getting the shaft and 9AM being given to the network. Better idea than dumping "The View" since people (not me) still watch that.

And if they add a third hour, here's hoping it won't be anything like "GMA Live". That webcast is a disaster and painful to watch. Fox's "After the Show Show" is much better to sit through because the hosts are laid back and themselves and not running off five or six cups of coffee like the people on GMA Live.

The Chew is doing VERY, well and is going up every time the ratings are out. The Chew is going nowhere. Frankly, everything on ABC Daytime is doing well enough that none of the shows will be canceled. ABC will take an hour from local stations before they cancel any of the 3 shows. My guess is a memo will go to the local stations to not extend syndicated shows for the 9am hour after a certain season and they will start a 3rd hour of GMA following that season.

I agree The View is loosing its' touch but the ratings aren't. As much as people like to hate her, Elizabeth made the program interesting with her personality and when she disagreed, it made the show more interesting. ABC needs to go back to a 5 person panel and they need to choose 2 very good people. That said, the ratings at The View are doing well has always and the show isn't going anywhere.

What The View needs is a conservative talking head who is attractive (yes, this is TV after all) like Hasselbeck to help reign in the ratings and make the show interesting. The View now is just awful especially with Jenny McCarthy (and no I don't watch The View by choice).

The Chew is doing VERY, well and is going up every time the ratings are out. The Chew is going nowhere. Frankly, everything on ABC Daytime is doing well enough that none of the shows will be canceled. ABC will take an hour from local stations before they cancel any of the 3 shows. My guess is a memo will go to the local stations to not extend syndicated shows for the 9am hour after a certain season and they will start a 3rd hour of GMA following that season.

If The Chew is so important to ABC's Daytime lineup, then how come ABC can't provide an early feed for the Central time affiliates who want to run noon newscasts? Which forces them to delay it by a day and the viewers having to watch an outdated show. Either The Chew needs to provide two feeds, not be day and date, cancelled and replaced with something scripted, or the time returned to affiliates. I think by not providing an early feed, that's how much value ABC puts into The Chew.

What The View needs is a conservative talking head who is attractive (yes, this is TV after all) like Hasselbeck to help reign in the ratings and make the show interesting. The View now is just awful especially with Jenny McCarthy (and no I don't watch The View by choice).

If The Chew is so important to ABC's Daytime lineup, then how come ABC can't provide an early feed for the Central time affiliates who want to run noon newscasts? Which forces them to delay it by a day and the viewers having to watch an outdated show. Either The Chew needs to provide two feeds, not be day and date, cancelled and replaced with something scripted, or the time returned to affiliates. I think by not providing an early feed, that's how much value ABC puts into The Chew.

I'm sure that The View costs ABC a lot more money to produce than The Chew. The View was doing so-so until Rosie came on-board and then the ratings soared because Rosie and Elisabeth would constantly argue on the opposite side of issues. When Rosie left (after the infamous on-air fight with Elisabeth), Whoopi came on board and the show started spiking in the ratings due to the political discussions. With Joy and Elisabeth gone, the show has lost some of it's personality. Then you add an airhead in Jenny McCarthy and the show really has nothing good to offer. Keep in mind, that regardless if Barbara is gone or not, she is still one of the executive producers and creator of the program, so ABC would still be paying her. They're better off cutting their losses and starting fresh. Going back to The Chew- it's cheap to produce, so I don't see it going anywhere.

If two feeds is the basis of success for a show, I guess The Chew isn't successful. Luckily, it's not... look at the ratings. And I'm sorry you think, "Either The Chew needs to provide two feeds, not be day and date, cancelled and replaced with something scripted, or the time returned to affiliates" because none of that needs to happen. The Chew is doing fine as is and it's going to continue to work the way it is.

If two feeds is the basis of success for a show, I guess The Chew isn't successful. Luckily, it's not... look at the ratings. And I'm sorry you think, "Either The Chew needs to provide two feeds, not be day and date, cancelled and replaced with something scripted, or the time returned to affiliates" because none of that needs to happen. The Chew is doing fine as is and it's going to continue to work the way it is.

Not anything to worry about in most markets. Here my affiliate tape delays it and therefore I won't watch because I hate hearing "Monday on The Chew" references on Monday. Doubt they care though.... It is what it is.

If the add a third hour to GMA what happens to Live?

Live (in the East) would be moved to 10am, not sure what would happen in the other time zones. Maybe align those time zones to the East schedule? One thing for sure, Live must air in the Mornings, it won't work otherwise.