Good Morning America

Action Newsroom

2 things on weekend GMA weather anchor hunt.

1. They seem to be leaning towards another female.

2. They must be narrowing the choices down because they are repeating the same people a little more often now.

They had Adam Joseph from WPVI do it a few months back, I was hoping for him but they haven't had him back since.

Reminds me of what the Today Show does in their production area. https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/443725762021949440/photo/1/large

Another one of your copycat claims? Savannah's dress reminds me of a dress that Robin has worn before. And the guys height reminds me of George's height. And the windows remind me of a department store. After doing some checking on Newscaststudio, Friday was not the first time GMA used this set up. The first record of it was sometime last summer.

2 things on weekend GMA weather anchor hunt.

1. They seem to be leaning towards another female.

2. They must be narrowing the choices down because they are repeating the same people a little more often now.

They had Adam Joseph from WPVI do it a few months back, I was hoping for him but they haven't had him back since.

We like him too much in Philly and I don't think he'd leave - he's brought a lot to WPVI and is super popular - has the most Facebook page "likes" of any Philly personality

Why do you need a separate set for the social media segment? There's nothing wrong with reading them from the regular set. As my man FTV Live put it:

Sara Haines annoys the hell out of me...

I agree. Her voice is really irritating. This morning she was trying to make jokes about something and it just wasn't working.

Cecily did good this weekend, i'm really not sure if they're looking for an all female weather team though.

Also, PageSix is reporting that Josh Elliott and ABC are deadlocked regarding his new contract. According to the report, he only has 4 weeks left on his current contract and is demanding $8 million to stay, while ABC is offering $4 million which is up from his current 1.2 million. ABC already lost Sam, I really hope they're not going to risk losing Josh. This is the best team that GMA has had in years and without Josh the future of the show beyond George and Robin looks a little murky. He is next in line for the main anchor position I assume? Not to mention the fact that I really don't see where Josh could end up that would be willing to give him $8 million for anything less than an anchoring position and being that there are no anchoring positions open at NBC where could he go? Lara is said to be close to inking her new deal as well. Hopefully these reports are false and Josh will be around for a long time.

Cecily did good this weekend, i'm really not sure if they're looking for an all female weather team though.

Also, PageSix is reporting that Josh Elliott and ABC are deadlocked regarding his new contract. According to the report, he only has 4 weeks left on his current contract and is demanding $8 million to stay, while ABC is offering $4 million which is up from his current 1.2 million. ABC already lost Sam, I really hope they're not going to risk losing Josh. This is the best team that GMA has had in years and without Josh the future of the show beyond George and Robin looks a little murky. He is next in line for the main anchor position I assume? Not to mention the fact that I really don't see where Josh could end up that would be willing to give him $8 million for anything less than an anchoring position and being that there are no anchoring positions open at NBC where could he go? Lara is said to be close to inking her new deal as well. Hopefully these reports are false and Josh will be around for a long time.

I think he'll stay at GMA. Where else will he go? CNN? Maybe, but he doesn't have that much name recognition that he's going to take viewers with him. If negotiations fall through, I doubt he'll go back to ESPN. No way that Disney allows that to happen. The thing is that even Sam's departure from the program did not hurt them one bit, really. Yes, the dynamic that they had before is no longer the same, but the transition from Champion to Zee has been seemless. They'll find a replacement if need be.

I agree. The report says that if he jumps to NBC he would become a younger Bob Costas but I don't see NBC paying Josh anywhere close to $8 million for that especially when Bob Costas doesn't even make that much. Pretty sure Josh would slide into George's position once he moves to World News so I don't see why he would leave a bright future at GMA and ABC for any other network. Pretty sure the reports are just speculation.

I agree. The report says that if he jumps to NBC he would become a younger Bob Costas but I don't see NBC paying Josh anywhere close to $8 million for that especially when Bob Costas doesn't even make that much. Pretty sure Josh would slide into George's position once he moves to World News so I don't see why he would leave a bright future at GMA and ABC for any other network. Pretty sure the reports are just speculation.

Not to derail this but can we have David muir replace Diane Sawyer? George isn't really lead anchor material. As for Josh he will probably end up staying put at GMA, he's probably trying to leverage ABC into giving him more than they originally planned, surely not $8 million, that's outrageous.

Not to derail this but can we have David muir replace Diane Sawyer? George isn't really lead anchor material. As for Josh he will probably end up staying put at GMA, he's probably trying to leverage ABC into giving him more than they originally planned, surely not $8 million, that's outrageous.

Haha that's actually been an ongoing discussion here but I always thought that George had somehow worked the anchoring position of World News into his contract once Diane stepped down however reading Brian Stelter's book George actually discusses how he enjoys GMA more than he thought he would and would like to do it for as long as he can so there could be a possibility that David replaces Diane. I'm just not a big fan of where Diane and David have taken the World News brand compared to the days of Peter, Charlie and even Bob/Liz. It's such a joke now that I tend to just watch Scott Pelley instead of Diane's variety show.

I agree, I think David Muir is a stronger anchor than Diane Sawyer at the format they have and I think the news is harder on his weekend show then her show, but It seems like by :38 after they are talking about things like "banning the word bossy" or some other fluff during the week. I remember when it was hard news until the last story under Peter and Charlie, I didn't see much of the Bob and Liz tandem so I can't comment there. Nowadays I just get my 5 and 6pm local news on WXYZ, go check my email and get the 7pm news, I can't stand Diane Sawyers Good Evening America routine.

While I don't want Josh to go, I think it would be an obvious fit to have Amy Robach replace him.

While I don't want Josh to go, I think it would be an obvious fit to have Amy Robach replace him.

Let's face it, would they really want such a female-heavy broadcast? George would get lost in the sea of estrogen. Don't tell me that many people (namely women) don't like tuning in to watch Josh, a young, handsome, single man give them the news. And another thing, not to sound insensitive (my apologies either way), but would Amy be the most sound option right now?

Let's face it, would they really want such a female-heavy broadcast? George would get lost in the sea of estrogen. Don't tell me that many people (namely women) don't like tuning in to watch Josh, a young, handsome, single man give them the news. And another thing, not to sound insensitive (my apologies either way), but would Amy be the most sound option right now?

Josh is sticking around but if he was to leave then Amy is more than capable of handling the news. I do understand your point about a female heavy program and that brings up a good point but I don't see any other men at ABC that could come up and take the next spot on GMA.

Josh is sticking around but if he was to leave then Amy is more than capable of handling the news. I do understand your point about a female heavy program and that brings up a good point but I don't see any other men at ABC that could come up and take the next spot on GMA.

David Muir? That way when George moves to World News David could move to the anchor position from news anchor.

What about Gio Benitez replacing Josh if he leaves? Anyway wasn't he dating Liz Cho at WABC? Page Six said a couple of yrs ago those two were a low key item....

What about Gio Benitez replacing Josh if he leaves? Anyway wasn't he dating Liz Cho at WABC? Page Six said a couple of yrs ago those two were a low key item....

They both took off Thursday and Friday a few weeks ago, their normal buzzing social media pages were quiet and they both returned that Tuesday to their on air co-host commenting on their new tans. Could be a coincidence.

They both took off Thursday and Friday a few weeks ago, their normal buzzing social media pages were quiet and they both returned that Tuesday to their on air co-host commenting on their new tans. Could be a coincidence.

I don't remember what he said it was, but I thought Josh said he was sick.

What about Gio Benitez replacing Josh if he leaves?

I've seen Ryan Smith fill in a few times, and I've actually been pleasantly surprised by him. Personally, he'd be my first choice from the male stable.

Really? I could be getting them confused but I remember Robin commending him for being able to come back from Miami and then commenting on how relaxed he looked after a few days vacation. Later in the day I watched Eyewitness News at 4 and they were commenting on how tanned Liz seemed after vacationing in Florida. Maybe I'm over thinking the two statements and it's just a big coincidence but it would be neat if those two were dating - I like them both a lot.

I didn't even consider Ryan Smith but he's a good choice as well. I would also consider permanently adding Dan Abrams as to the show in a more expanded role, he's pretty funny with the team at times.

Lara's deal is supposedly finished just not signed, wonder if she's waiting on Josh to see if she can get more money from her deal. If the team was to change at all, it would be Lara that I wouldn't mind losing if she was replaced by Amy. Josh however is a huge KEY to the shows success so hopefully they find a way to work this out.