What affiliates across the country represents their networks well?

currie555

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KFVS didnt however. They sometimes dont support CBS News, it effects their ratings.

I also think WREG is beginning to lose hope in CBS Evening News, because they often cut to their local news at 5:58. However, this may have been related to sweeps.

Katie get out while you can girl!!!! LOL I supportered her as much as I could...but when the ship is leaking, somebody has to stay behind to tell the story.

What about other markets like Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Houston, Denver, Atlanta, Baltimore...anyone out there?

I heard in Houston its accually pretty good, since its on the #1 station in the market (KHOU). Atlanta, not so much (CBS 46.)

CBS should have bought WAGA a long time ago.

Really, I dont see WAGA being owned by them.

I thought I could see them as a Belo station.

Didnt see WGCL 46 being bought by CBS either...but for the sake of staying on VHF and with a stronger presence -- I still believe CBS should have bought WAGA-TV 5 Atlanta when the company affiliated with them.

Speaking of WPTY? I have a question...how long is Dee Griffin and Cameron Harper's contract and what are the stipulations? For example, is there a designated time the anchors have agreed to pull out if ratings don't reach a certain level or are the anchors there for the long-haul?

Good question, and I wish I knew the answer to that, but I don't. I do *think* they may both have recently resigned but I don't know that for sure, nor for how much longer or if there are any stipulations.

WPTY just can't find a place in this market - they've tried nearly every style since their inception in 1995. I still think they haven't found it yet - their current style with the aggressive reporting, sometimes bordering on sensationalism, along with the excessive overuse of props just keeps them from being all that credible to me though some of their content can be good if done appropriately and professionally. Cameron Harper is one of those "love him or hate him" anchors with his own aggressive style and tendency to be very personal and opinionated about the news he's reading or reporting. Add that to their low budget look and the fact that Memphis area viewers are habitually very hesitant to try something new, and its just hard for them to make a dent. However, with all of that, they have made gains in recent years so they may continue on with the way they are now and have Cameron and Dee in for the long-haul. We'll have to see first if the new incoming owners want to change anything though.

Whew!!!! LOL...stay tuned.

No one's mentioned Boston-Manchester here.

I guess you could say WBZ represents CBS well, but it is a CBS O&O. The same could be said for WFXT (Fox).

WMUR has represented ABC pretty well, I'd say.

Not sure about WCVB or WHDH, as I haven't watched either of them enough in recent years (except when Heroes is on).

In Cincinnati, I'd say WKRC does a good job representing CBS...same with WHIO in Dayton and WTOL in Toledo...are all very strong affiliates with high local and primetime ratings.

In Cincinnati, I'd say WKRC does a good job representing CBS...same with WHIO in Dayton and WTOL in Toledo...are all very strong affiliates with high local and primetime ratings.

I would agree with you on WKRC 12. That stations has been a powerhouse CBS affiliate. I agree about WHIO 7 as well.

Archived