I don't think either Savannah or Ann were the right successors for Meredith in 2011. Natalie perhaps, but I don't see many full episode clips on YouTube where she substitute hosted to make a full assessment. Amy Robach was solid when she anchored with Lester.

As for modern Today, Savannah has been trying and Hoda is okay. The biggest issue is story choice and on air appearance at this point.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Al Roker has prostate cancer.    

RIP to a true original.  

Oh, come on. There are more options here than "stay-at-home moms" and people in assisted living/nursing homes. There are: Retired people People who work non-"standard" hours and are thu

Posted Images

I  think a big problem that the TODAY show has is that Comcast doesn't seem to have the same handle on what's going on day to day with the show.  I think when GE owned NBC, NBC NEWS was a much much better run organization.

• Thanks 1
On 10/23/2021 at 4:13 PM, MorningNews said:

Savannah for as nice as she seems is just one of the weaker anchors in the show’s storied history imo.

I think she does better with the hard news stuff. It the lighter fare (unless of  course she interviewing her idol Katie), where I think she struggles sometimes (especially cooking segments). This is where Hoda does a better job.  I do  think she has  grown a bit more into the role since Matt left. 

About Katie book: Despite some of the negative attention it has gotten I do plan on reading it.  I watching her interview last week on TODAY and was thinking that I would rather a person who writing about their life  is honest and not peachy about everything and pretends  they liked every person that ever met.  Cause that not possible. I think we et  too use sometimes to these "nice nice"" memoirs..  Context is also important nit just bits and pieces that is given to us 

Edited by TVNewsJunkie15

I have been reading  reading Katie Book and enjoying it so far. I suggest people ignore what has been written about it and read it for yourself. Context is important.  People will read things as they want to sometimes and make assumptions. 

Not sure what Deborah beef is?  Hopefully, she will read the copy for herself that Katie sent. Katie actually has nothing but kinds things to say about her and is even sympathetic about the whole transition and the way it was done and how Deborah was portrayed.

Same with Ashleigh Banfield., Katie never criticize  her. or says that she tried to sabotage her career. The only time Katie mentions her is something her father said (which was not bad at all). Of course he going to think no is as good his daughter.  Katie does says sometimes she felt like had to protect her turf which is reasonable dafter seeing what happened with Jane and as she got odder.  However, she never says (or hints)  that she intentionally  sabotage a career in order to  keep her own.    She never (that she wrote) ever acted cruel  towards any them or mistreated them.  Seems they going by what others are saying  (as I said above)  who are taking the words and turning into something it actually not. 

I sure Robin,, Savannah and Hoda are all protective of their jobs at time.  Who wouldn't be especially in that business?  I remember when Robin went on sick leave  in 2012 when she has MDS ABC sent out a warning not jockey for her spot.   That women who  guest hosted were only filling it temporally 

On 10/23/2021 at 8:37 PM, DENDude said:

I  think a big problem that the TODAY show has is that Comcast doesn't seem to have the same handle on what's going on day to day with the show.  I think when GE owned NBC, NBC NEWS was a much much better run organization.

Same💯‼️