Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
todayshowproducer

Today Show

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Is Saturday Today now 7-8:30 around the country? KXAS, WNBC and others air it for 1.5 hours but WMAQ is still showing a 2 hour program. 
 

Anyone know when this change took place?

 

The length of Saturday Today varies week-by-week because NBC carries a Premier League match on Saturday mornings (although it's on hiatus along with all the other sports).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 1:52 PM, Georgie56 said:

 

The length of Saturday Today varies week-by-week because NBC carries a Premier League match on Saturday mornings (although it's on hiatus along with all the other sports).

 

But that's also only because most NBC affiliates rather carry *The More You Know* E/I block in full, in which most (not all) affiliates air it from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on weeks the Premier League have a game on NBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TVNewsJunkie15 said:

Why are Craig and Hoda still appearing in the studio?  everyone  else is at home. 

Savannah is at home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless there is a reason to be at home for them then I don’t see why they cannot be in the studio. Hoda mentioned a few weeks ago that being the studio provides normalcy for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rarely watch Today M-F so when I did today I was surprised to see that they have a segment called “Steals and Deals” similar to GMA’s “Deals & Steals.” Gotta love the creativity of these two staples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's Steals & Deals started at least back to the late 90's when it was a true consumer news segment with former WNBC consumer reporter Roseanne Colletti 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know. Regardless of which started first it’s just always entertaining to me to see both shows following the exact same formula to a T from the consumer segment to pop culture headlines to the “play of the day”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today has boarded up Studio 1A as a precautionary measure. Have they explained why Hoda has been in the studio the entire time while Savannah has been upstate since March? Savannah was in Manhattan on Monday reporting on the civil unrest so seems odd to me that she hasn’t been back to the studio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s been mentioned here at some point that Hoda felt more comfortable working in the studio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been mentioned here and I believe in the chats that Hoda prefers to work in the studio than at home.  Well from what I understand Hoda lives in the city so places might be cramped. But also having a person in studio would keep all the camera operators, lighting technicians and other employees around. I am not sure of the contract but I’d imagine if they hosts were all remote they studio crew maybe temporarily put on leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rkolsen said:

It’s been mentioned here and I believe in the chats that Hoda prefers to work in the studio than at home.  Well from what I understand Hoda lives in the city so places might be cramped. But also having a person in studio would keep all the camera operators, lighting technicians and other employees around. I am not sure of the contract but I’d imagine if they hosts were all remote they studio crew maybe temporarily put on leave. 


Pretty sure she’s not living in a hole, so I doubt space is an issue. Could be she doesn’t see the need to work from home.

 

As far as the crew, whatever cuts that may be forthcoming, it’s doubtful anything would prevent them from reaching the technical people of whatever NBC/MSNBC program they may work on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoda might live in an cramped apartment, but have 2 very young kids might be the issue. She might not have a space at home that's shielded from the sound of crying babies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The reason Savannah is still at home I think is because of her eyes not having completely recovered. She still need more surgery  but at the moment that been put on hold due to the pandemic.  That could also be considered a underlying health issues. She told Ellen that she still see blurry spots.  I would not be surprised if it not until this fall that she back in stud 1A.  But Al, Jenna and Craig are still doing the show from home too so she not the only one.   

Edited by TVNewsJunkie15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TVNewsJunkie15 said:

The reason Savannah is still at home I think is because of her eyes not having completely recovered. She still need more surgery  but at the moment that been put on hold due to the pandemic.  That could also be considered a underlying health issues. She told Ellen that she still see blurry spots.  I would not be surprised if it not until this fall that she back in stud 1A.  But Al, Jenna and Craig are still doing the show from home too so she not the only one.   

Craig is in the studio and has been for weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched it today so far it’s just clips of segments. Like nbc news now before the live news starts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.