Today Show

todayshowproducer

I expected new graphics yesterday, but they instead debuted today. They're just an update of the 2013 look, and I love it.

I'm watching the fourth hour, and I'm not noticing anything new. Is the update only during the first 2 or 3 hours?

EDIT: Never mind...

http://www.today.com/video/caitlyn-jenner-talks-transition-while-golfing-with-matt-lauer-522128451840

I can't say I like them over the outgoing graphics. Kind of a lateral move. I was hoping for something that matches the opening headlines, unless that changed, too.

I'm watching the fourth hour, and I'm not noticing anything new. Is the update only during the first 2 or 3 hours?

EDIT: Never mind...

http://www.today.com/video/caitlyn-jenner-talks-transition-while-golfing-with-matt-lauer-522128451840

I can't say I like them over the outgoing graphics. Kind of a lateral move. I was hoping for something that matches the opening headlines, unless that changed, too.

I think the animation is a bit much. They need to slow down the animations a little.

• 3 weeks later...

In her new book talking about her battle with Breast Cancer Amy Robach talk about why she left Toady Show and NBC. She was Unhappy.

She was going through a lot of stuff at the time (Stress along with anxiety attacks and other things and at one point she had a doctor appointment in early spring of 2011 where she found out her heart was damaged) and said how for the last few years she was not feeling the love anymore at NBC like they (the executives high up not her co-workers. she was still very much respected and love when it came TODAY Show staff) really did not want her there anymore. Her career has hit a dead end and she was not really going anywhere. she been doing Saturday TODAY for 4 1/2 Years. She had until 2010 been filling in for Meredith, Brian, Ann and Natalie but suddenly the calls started coming less and less. She was told by doctors she needed to slow down with working. in 2012 her contract was up soon but she was not hearing at all from NBC about renewal and her agent was not getting any calls and that made her worried.

She admit that she really wanted to move up to Weekday TODAY when Meredith announced she was leaving. She wanted the Third Hour co-hosting job on the weekday show.

When Savannah got the Third Hour Job job she then felt it was time for her to leave. And so she joined ABC.

I should say she has no animosity for Savannah whatsoever. Just thought I should point that out. she doesn't blame her at all.

She was at Savannah baby shower last year and Savannah was at Amy book party the other night.

In her new book talking about her battle with Breast Cancer Amy Robach talk about why she left Toady Show and NBC. She was Unhappy.

She was going through a lot of stuff at the time (Stress along with anxiety attacks and other things and at one point she had a doctor appointment in early spring of 2011 where she found out her heart was damaged) and said how for the last few years she was not feeling the love anymore at NBC like they (the executives high up not her co-workers. she was still very much respected and love when it came TODAY Show staff) really did not want her there anymore. Her career has hit a dead end and she was not really going anywhere. she been doing Saturday TODAY for 4 1/2 Years. She had until 2010 been filling in for Meredith, Brian, Ann and Natalie but suddenly the calls started coming less and less. She was told by doctors she needed to slow down with working. in 2012 her contract was up soon but she was not hearing at all from NBC about renewal and her agent was not getting any calls and that made her worried.

She admit that she really wanted to move up to Weekday TODAY when Meredith announced she was leaving. She wanted the Third Hour co-hosting job on the weekday show.

When Savannah got the Third Hour Job job she then felt it was time for her to leave. And so she joined ABC.

I should say she has no animosity for Savannah whatsoever. Just thought I should point that out. she doesn't blame her at all.

She was at Savannah baby shower last year and Savannah was at Amy book party the other night.

Well Amy wins in the long run because she has a weekday position on the #1 morning show.

Well Amy wins in the long run because she has a weekday position on the #1 morning show.

True. But while it too bad that Amy got lost in the musical chair/shuffle of 2011 and 2012 ass Amy said moving to ABC News saved her life.

Amy like other Weekend TODAY Anchors of the past (Maria Shriver, Campbell Brown, Soledad O'Brien, Jodie Applegate) would not get promoted. Unfortunately Weekend TODAY Anchors rarely ever get promoted to the weekday Show. Only one has and that was Katie Couric. It is too bad really because when they join Weekend Show they do use that as a stepping stone with the intent of being promoted to weekdays.

They all left for the same reason: they got tried of waiting.

True. But while it too bad that Amy got lost in the musical chair/shuffle of 2011 and 2012 ass Amy said moving to ABC News saved her life.

Amy like other Weekend TODAY Anchors of the past (Maria Shriver, Campbell Brown, Soledad O'Brien, Jodie Applegate) would not get promoted. Unfortunately Weekend TODAY Anchors rarely ever get promoted to the weekday Show. Only one has and that was Katie Couric. It is too bad really because when they join Weekend Show they do use that as a stepping stone with the intent of being promoted to weekdays.

They all left for the same reason: they got tried of waiting.

I think you could throw Jenna Wolfe in that mix but her career trajectory has been so odd in being demoted to news anchor and then now with this new role. I'm not a fan of hers but I was surprised that she got passed over for an outside hire in Erica Hill, who wasn't using Weekend Today as a stepping stone up but as a rebound. That role has usually been filled from within by NBC.

I think you could throw Jenna Wolfe in that mix but her career trajectory has been so odd in being demoted to news anchor and then now with this new role. I'm not a fan of hers but I was surprised that she got passed over for an outside hire in Erica Hill, who wasn't using Weekend Today as a stepping stone up but as a rebound. That role has usually been filled from within by NBC.

I thought Jenna Wolfe was good at anchoring Today and was sad to see her go. However I think once she was demoted and had her first child she may have wanted to take a different role. I only say this because her partner Stefanie Gosk is a correspondent and may not always be there so Jenna may have wanted a more typical 9-5 job.

• Like 1

I know a lot of people did/do not like Jenna Wolfe but when she got demoted not a lot of people were not happy. It like a lot of people complained about Ann Curry but we all know what happened when she was removed form the show.

I don't think Ann was right for the Co-anchor chair but NBC could have handled it much better no doubt.

I wonder how things would have turned out if NBC had done things differently back in 2011 and not have chosen Ann to replace Meredith. Would they be still number 1 If:

They had moved Ann off the show when Meredith left and replaced Ann with Natalie (or Amy) and Meredith with Savannah or visa versa as it is now and given Amy Third Hour job. or replaced Meredith with Hoda (or Natalie) and kept Ann as newsreader. or replaced Meredith with Hoda and Ann with Amy. But then you ran the risk of losing Natalie to someone like ABC

Natalie, Amy, Willie and Al would have made a great team for the third hour I have to say. With Amy departure it made room for Tamron.

I do not like the camera setup when they are all setting at the desk. I find it annoying you can only see two anchors and the other you only see the back of and then the camera does circle thing.

I know CBS does a similar thing but their desk is larger and is shaped differently so it will work.

I don't know who idea that was but I am surprise Deborah and Andy supported that move.

Willie has been rumored to be moving to primetime on MSNBC...supposedly.

I have read that. but clearly he could do both TODAY Show and MSNBC Primetime Show. I think there is to many people on the show as it is. They could lose a few hosts. As long as they don't mess with the main four or Willie