Today Show

todayshowproducer

It appears Meredith Vieira has now left the network, as we have not seen her on any NBC News shows (She did not even take any part in NBC coverage of the Winter Olympics this year like she done from 2010-20186, in well over a year now. The last time she appeared on TODAY Show was back in January 2017 I believe.

It kind of a shame really. She was a great asset for the show and the network. I wonder how the different the show could have been if she had stayed for 5 more years like NBC wanted her too. They may have been able to hold onto Number 1 (or the streak) for a little bit longer.

Savannah is fine I like her, but TODAY Show has not been the same since Meredith left. I do miss watching Matt, Meredith, Al and Ann some days. Their time together was too short.. they were a good team.

Katie and Meredith were the Good Old Days. The Show will never be that good again

Edited by TVNewsJunkie15

It appears Meredith Vieira has now left the network, as we have not seen her on any NBC News shows (She did not even take any part in NBC coverage of the Winter Olympics this year like she done from 2010-20186, in well over a year now. The last time she appeared on TODAY Show was back in January 2017 I believe.

It kind of a shame really. She was a great asset for the show and the network. I wonder how the different the show could have been if she had stayed for 5 more years like NBC wanted her too. They may have been able to hold onto Number 1 (or the streak) for a little bit longer.

She appeared recently promoting PBS’s Great American Read, and she’s done it in the past for the show. She may not be on the rolls anymore but she may be coming back - kind of like Jane Pauley did but not in a regular segment.

[QUOTE="Eat News, post: 221728, member: 2985"]You can catch a "shuttle" (DC-NYC) every half hour, but it's still flying, and flying anywhere is a pain in the ass...even for network snooty's. So overly inflated ego's want the "private" company owned shuttle (ie:private jet) when they don't or can't make the regular shuttle. Bop between DC and NYC daily or even a few times a week and it takes a toll on anyone. I sure as hell wouldn't do that trip nowadays, because flying anywhere is a giant pain in the ass. Even for the short hop to DC it still sucks worse when you get delayed and say to yourself... "This flight used to take an hour before 9-11" Take my advice...take the train.[/QUOTE] [quote name='wabceyewitness']@Eat News is right — train from NYC to DC is cheaper, more comfortable and ends up getting you there in the same amount of time of flying once you factor in traveling to/from out of the way airports, security line, wait time to board, etc.[/QUOTE] Norah O’Donnel splits her time and frequently posts her races to get to the Delta Shuttle to fly to DC with her kids in tow. Her husbands a successful resteraunteur who has three restaurants in the DC area and one at Dulles.
  • Like 3

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/morning-show-ratings-week-of-oct-29-2/383527

The Today Show is number 1, across the board, for a second week in a row.

Viewers..left mad. They DON'T LIKE NBC NEWS and The Today Show! This is the worst any kind of network have performed at this stage since 2000. Hoda and Savannah, should move to Fox News! The promotion was a BAD IDEA. There's no more viewers on NBC because GMA and CTM is still tracing neck and neck! Carson, has a bright future in this industry... to leave the morning program! His biggest problem is he can't travel back and fourth.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Norah O’Donnel splits her time and frequently posts her races to get to the Delta Shuttle to fly to DC with her kids in tow. Her husbands a successful resteraunteur who has three restaurants in the DC area and one at Dulles.

I take that Norah stayed in NYC for the night at a hotel for election coverage?

Viewers..left mad. They DON'T LIKE NBC NEWS and The Today Show! This is the worst any kind of network have performed at this stage since 2000. Hoda and Savannah, should move to Fox News! The promotion was a BAD IDEA. There's no more viewers on NBC because GMA and CTM is still tracing neck and neck! Carson, has a bright future in this industry... to leave the morning program! His biggest problem is he can't travel back and fourth.

WE GET IT! You don't like NBC!

Wow, you make Robin Red’s hate for NBC sound like love.

• 2 weeks later...
https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/morning-show-ratings-week-of-nov-12-2/385079

Today beats GMA, for 4 weeks in row, in total and in the demo.

Do you think it has to do with Megyn Kelly leaving the Today franchise, or is GMA becoming unwatchable for a large number of viewers that might have switched to Today?

None of the above, GMA has MORE viewers than Today. NBC News and TODAY have NO viewers tuning in and Savannah and Hoda are unlikable to watch. Robin, Michael and George are likeable to watch. So NBC's worst ratings along with Today are WRAL...and WBTS (back move Comcast). Sorry tvnewstalk, I have no words right now and I wish Today could eliminate the Orange Room and weekend editions as well oh and the 9am and 10am hours.

Do you think it has to do with Megyn Kelly leaving the Today franchise, or is GMA becoming unwatchable for a large number of viewers that might have switched to Today?

We get it. You don’t care for Today and NBC News. You’ve made it quite clear in the past.

NBC is not going to cede the final two hours of the Today show back to the affiliates. It's the most profitable show on the big 4. NBC could run music videos, color bars, or stock footage of paint drying in those two hours and companies would still buy ads. As absurd and redundant as the 4-hour format is, it’s here to stay.

• Like 1

Maybe a combo of both. These ratings wins are different the ratings wins back in January after the firing of Matt Lauer because Megyn Kelly was never really apart of the first two hours. Interesting too that TODAY did post growth in both categories. Interesting to see what happens in the weeks to come.

In think curiousity over how they would report the Megyn Kelly news certainly earned them some new viewers, but they’ve been trending toward closing the total viewer gap for quite some time now. It was only a matter of time.

GMA has lost its energy and forcing Strahan on viewers as a hard news journalist is part of the reason.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It's revealed that the Third Hour will be leaving Studio 6A in the new year. Reasons are logistics -- i.e. running from one studio to another [both in separate buildings] in time for the show, not appearing in the last quarter of the main show and using a studio/set forever trapped in infamy.

Makes ssense to me, but I'll miss this verison in front of a studio audience. 

Edited by Eyewitness News-man

1 hour ago, Eyewitness News-man said:

It's revealed that the Third Hour will be leaving Studio 6A in the new year. Reasons are logistics -- i.e. running from one studio to another [both in separate buildings] in time for the show, not appearing in the last quarter of the main show and using a studio/set forever trapped in infamy.

Makes ssense to me, but I'll miss this verison in front of a studio audience. 

I wondered how well the 1A-to-6A thing was going.  I'd probably be out of breath if I had to dodge traffic and run across a plaza, and then find the red light and correct camera--and look like I just walked across a hall.  The audience thing IMO has worn thin with me.  I think it's because GMA has done it to death.  Going outside and seeing the fans is one thing, but the oh-now-we-let-you-inside-here's-a-chair-while-we-entertain-you version, >ugh!<, I can't.  The shiny-and-sterile look is getting old to me also.  I miss the homey, comfy-couch morning show sets, but I know those won't be back anytime soon.

5 hours ago, east-tx-tv said:

I wondered how well the 1A-to-6A thing was going.  I'd probably be out of breath if I had to dodge traffic and run across a plaza, and then find the red light and correct camera--and look like I just walked across a hall.

What, they don't have an underground tunnel connecting the buildings? 😉

14 minutes ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

I guess she’s tired of getting drunk every morning.