Today Show

todayshowproducer

• 2 weeks later...

"BLAST FROM THE PAST"

The Today Show will end 2013 by going back to the past. On Monday, Dec. 30, former TODAY anchors Bryant Gumbel and Jane Pauley will join Matt Lauer to co-anchor the show. It'll be like old times for Gumbel and Pauley. Gumbel left the TODAY in 1997 after 15 years in an anchor slot, and Pauley left in 1989 after 13 years, the last seven of them as Gumbel's co-anchor.

(FROM FTVLIVE)

"BLAST FROM THE PAST"

The Today Show will end 2013 by going back to the past. On Monday, Dec. 30, former TODAY anchors Bryant Gumbel and Jane Pauley will join Matt Lauer to co-anchor the show. It'll be like old times for Gumbel and Pauley. Gumbel left the TODAY in 1997 after 15 years in an anchor slot, and Pauley left in 1989 after 13 years, the last seven of them as Gumbel's co-anchor.

(FROM FTVLIVE)

Looks like Katie Couric (co-anchor from 1991-2006), Meredith Vieira (co-anchor from 2006-2011), and Ann Curry (co-anchor from 2011-2012) is not invited for the year-end show, isn't it?

It is easy to regain number one but NBC and Matt just don't want to let Matt go/leave. But why is Today so grieve stricken they are number 2. They was number for the 80's and the 90's until 1995. So it is good that someone for a while took that spot in my opinion.

The Today Show has launched a year long series "Shine a Light", each anchor chose a topic near and dear to them and will work all year long to "Shine a Light" on it and give back to communities. They revealed the anchor choices spread out over the course of this week. But, they also included Tamron Hall...Any indications what this could mean for the future?

The Today Show has launched a year long series "Shine a Light", each anchor chose a topic near and dear to them and will work all year long to "Shine a Light" on it and give back to communities. They revealed the anchor choices spread out over the course of this week. But, they also included Tamron Hall...Any indications what this could mean for the future?

1) they're trying to give off the image of being "personal and connecting with the community"

2) probably just trying to give her more exposure. People seem to like Tamron Hall and she does occasionally sub on Today.

According to TVNewser, it states that Tamron wants to be the co-host to the 3rd hour of Today in her contract renewal agreement.

I am hoping she takes over Carson's position as anchor of the Orange Room. I don't think he deserves to be there AT ALL! She does a fantastic job filling in for him. NBC could also expand her role and have her as anchor of the Orange Room and the Chief Media Corespondent. She could then contribute to all NBC platforms, but expand her role on Today.

Today could also have Orange Room "check ins" during the 3rd & 4th hours. She could report for KLG and Hoda like Sara Haines did. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been a Savannah Guthrie fan--I think she's done well in a difficult position--and I think she and Matt Lauer have better chemistry than Matt had with Ann Curry, but having watched Today this morning, there's no denying that what Today is missing is Meredith Vieira.

It's Day 1 and she has already enlivened the whole Today team and it is an much more watchable show with her on air. You can just tell Matt and Meredith enjoy each other.

• 2 weeks later...

No surprise, Today won last week in total viewers and demos because of the Olympics. I must say though, by a pretty lousy gap. http://nbcumv.com/mediavillage/networks/nbcnews/pressreleases?pr=contents/press-releases/2014/02/18/todaywinsrating1538438.xml

I have not doubt GMA will be back next week if not this week with oscars coming. Not saying Oscars can beat Olympics but it will help considering its not a huge viewer gap.