Today Show

todayshowproducer

Overall, it's very similar to what they had before. I think the look as a whole needs an overhaul.

The NBC bug without the white lining looks too cheap and 2D.

I'd add some some translucence to the L3, it's very solid.

Edited by MediaZone4K

This actually looks really nice. Kinda reminds me of the GMA look but not as cheap/sloppy. 

I thought they just relaunched their look but I checked The Other Site and the last redesign was May 2021… so I guess it’s been a few years. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

I tuned into the Today show this morning for the first time in quite a while.  I have some questions:

1. Why is there both a “cold open” AND a “warm open” at the very start of the broadcast at 7:00 AM Eastern?  It seems rather redundant.
  2. From 8:00 AM to the first commercial break, all of the news headlines are accompanied by a graphic that reads “the news at 8”.  Why is this?  Doesn’t the viewer know it’s 8 AM?  It seems kinda tacky to me.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Jman7885 said:

When did the monitor behind the anchor desk (covering the corner column) change to have a thick border? Noticed it this morning on Saturday Today - it’s directly behind Laura on the 3-shot

IMG_1706.jpeg

I think they made the change about three Saturdays ago on the sixth.

The fake mullions (referred to as border), help distract from the fact that its a camera feed, and in my opinion it is an improvement.

Just now, HSV cheesehead said:

I think they made the change about three Saturdays ago on the sixth.

The fake mullions (referred to as border), help distract from the fact that it’s a camera feed, and in my opinion it is an improvement.

Having the border around the top throws it off in my opinion, otherwise it’s good

What exactly did they do with that column back in the day? It’s always been there but I don’t remember all of these attempts to disguise it before. The techniques they’ve tried the last few iterations have all been somewhat distracting.

Way back in the day with Katie & Bryant/matt it was shown as a green marble column and they would pull up the screen that said today all over it when they started the show and then pull it down to show the window. Then when they went HD is when the different tv screens came in. They dropped the fabric type screen when they remodeled again and add the now dropped Orange Room

4 hours ago, Drew said:

Way back in the day with Katie & Bryant/matt it was shown as a green marble column and they would pull up the screen that said today all over it when they started the show and then pull it down to show the window. Then when they went HD is when the different tv screens came in. They dropped the fabric type screen when they remodeled again and add the now dropped Orange Room

the column has always been there, they have just tried to hide it for the last 30 years:

image.thumb.png.5ce0824790fd322312590f4907ccaa75.png

20 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

I've never been a fan of this look. Either don't put the desk in the corner, or embrace that piece of the building and stick logos there. It looks so poorly done this way.

They have been using the "simulated window" look for years, and when the camera is positioned just right, it is barely noticeable. That is until someone walks by.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSV cheesehead said:

They have been using the "simulated window" look for years, and when the camera is positioned just right, it is barely noticeable. That is until someone walks by.

I wonder if they can use the technology in the new Telemundo 47 studio and have it as an LED column, which can change from a live view to specific titles or looks (wishing WNBC had that in their half of the audio).