Today Show

todayshowproducer

48 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Is Saturday Today now 7-8:30 around the country? KXAS, WNBC and others air it for 1.5 hours but WMAQ is still showing a 2 hour program. 

Anyone know when this change took place?

The length of Saturday Today varies week-by-week because NBC carries a Premier League match on Saturday mornings (although it's on hiatus along with all the other sports).

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 1:52 PM, Georgie56 said:

The length of Saturday Today varies week-by-week because NBC carries a Premier League match on Saturday mornings (although it's on hiatus along with all the other sports).

But that's also only because most NBC affiliates rather carry *The More You Know* E/I block in full, in which most (not all) affiliates air it from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on weeks the Premier League have a game on NBC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today has boarded up Studio 1A as a precautionary measure. Have they explained why Hoda has been in the studio the entire time while Savannah has been upstate since March? Savannah was in Manhattan on Monday reporting on the civil unrest so seems odd to me that she hasn’t been back to the studio.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been mentioned here and I believe in the chats that Hoda prefers to work in the studio than at home.  Well from what I understand Hoda lives in the city so places might be cramped. But also having a person in studio would keep all the camera operators, lighting technicians and other employees around. I am not sure of the contract but I’d imagine if they hosts were all remote they studio crew maybe temporarily put on leave. 

3 hours ago, rkolsen said:

It’s been mentioned here and I believe in the chats that Hoda prefers to work in the studio than at home.  Well from what I understand Hoda lives in the city so places might be cramped. But also having a person in studio would keep all the camera operators, lighting technicians and other employees around. I am not sure of the contract but I’d imagine if they hosts were all remote they studio crew maybe temporarily put on leave. 

Pretty sure she’s not living in a hole, so I doubt space is an issue. Could be she doesn’t see the need to work from home.

As far as the crew, whatever cuts that may be forthcoming, it’s doubtful anything would prevent them from reaching the technical people of whatever NBC/MSNBC program they may work on. 

The reason Savannah is still at home I think is because of her eyes not having completely recovered. She still need more surgery  but at the moment that been put on hold due to the pandemic.  That could also be considered a underlying health issues. She told Ellen that she still see blurry spots.  I would not be surprised if it not until this fall that she back in stud 1A.  But Al, Jenna and Craig are still doing the show from home too so she not the only one.   

Edited by TVNewsJunkie15

3 hours ago, TVNewsJunkie15 said:

The reason Savannah is still at home I think is because of her eyes not having completely recovered. She still need more surgery  but at the moment that been put on hold due to the pandemic.  That could also be considered a underlying health issues. She told Ellen that she still see blurry spots.  I would not be surprised if it not until this fall that she back in stud 1A.  But Al, Jenna and Craig are still doing the show from home too so she not the only one.   

Craig is in the studio and has been for weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, Drew said:

Just noticed on today.com on the Today All Day Page that they use a picture of Al, Hoda, Savannah, MATT & Carson at the top. He has been gone for almost 3 years now 

That's Craig.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Drew said:

Just noticed on today.com on the Today All Day Page that they use a picture of Al, Hoda, Savannah, MATT & Carson at the top. He has been gone for almost 3 years now 

Not sure how you thought Craig was Matt, but I have a 2nd pair of glasses you can borrow if you need them!! 😆

• Haha 2