Today Show

todayshowproducer

they should have given the 4th hour a audience from the very start with Kathie Lee and Hoda. Their part always seemed better with an audience. 

the name on thurs and fridays seems like they have too many &’s in it though

• Like 2

Here in Denver I have noticed in the past 2 weeks, that the TODAY show doesn't begin airing until 7:01AM because of commercials and with it's long into now it doesn't technically start until 7:02.  Anyone else notice this slight delay? 

5 hours ago, DENDude said:

Here in Denver I have noticed in the past 2 weeks, that the TODAY show doesn't begin airing until 7:01AM because of commercials and with it's long into now it doesn't technically start until 7:02.  Anyone else notice this slight delay? 

Here in the SusquValley, WGAL glides right into TODAY at 7am ... smoothless and effortless.  

-- Matt

On 1/18/2020 at 4:15 AM, Drew said:

they should have given the 4th hour a audience from the very start with Kathie Lee and Hoda. Their part always seemed better with an audience. 

the name on thurs and fridays seems like they have too many &’s in it though

I agree that the 4th hour would work well with live studio audience.  I'd imagine NBC may be testing the waters on having Hoda and Jenna in studio 6A on Thursdays and Fridays to see whether they'd want to do studio audience shows 5 days a week.

I'd also imagine NBC continuing to tinker with 4th hour.  I could see 4th hour getting renamed to "Later Today", and maybe adding 2 or 3 additional female co-hosts to the panel if they decide to go studio 6A permanently.  4th hour doing Today's Talk discussion (equivalent of Hot Topics) at the start of the show.  Keeping segments, like Ambush Makeovers with Louis Laqueri, and usual celebrity guests, DIY segments, etc.

4 minutes ago, RGSJenkins said:

The only way they'll get the fifth hour if "Days of Our Lives" goes bye-bye.

My thoughts exactly, although, here in the Southern Plains, KFOR, KTEN, KJRH, and KXAS all have one hour midday newscasts, with that, it would be either the news goes or Days goes.

23 hours ago, G2000 said:

23 hours ago, RGSJenkins said:

My thinking is that NBC would only add that fifth hour of Today if Sony ends production of Days of Our Lives because there's no way NBC takes away the 11am or 12pm slots from the affiliates (and certainly not the 2pm or 3pm slots either)

6 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

My thinking is that NBC would only add that fifth hour of Today if Sony ends production of Days of Our Lives because there's no way NBC takes away the 11am or 12pm slots from the affiliates (and certainly not the 2pm or 3pm slots either)

Days of our Lives can also be banished to cable, USA, Bravo, or E!.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:03 PM, RGSJenkins said:

It would at least until Summer 2021 before Today decides to expand again since DoOL is renewed until that time.

https://tvline.com/2020/01/29/days-of-our-lives-renewed-season-56-nbc-kristian-alfonso/

On 1/28/2020 at 9:03 PM, RGSJenkins said:

Could a potential fifth hour be headed to the Peacock streaming service, possibly with the option for affiliates to pick it up if they want?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottJ said:

Could a potential fifth hour be headed to the Peacock streaming service, possibly with the option for affiliates to pick it up if they want?

That crossed my mind, giving a "news" option that's mostly "exclusive" to the new service.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 8:38 PM, G2000 said:

.... This is a hard sell.  Already WNBC, WCAU and WRC all have 11AM news.. Can't for see them returning back to 12noon news. However, as others indicate if DoOL get's canned than it's possible.

WRC already has a 1 hour block for news meanwhile the other 2 have 30 min news with lifestyle shows at the bottom of the hour. Someone correct me if WTVJ has 11AM or 12noon news?  Unless it's breaking news or any hard news content like the 1st hour, than a 5th hour isn't really needed.  MSNBC with it's scheduling mambo jumbo does a good job covering the rest of the day with hard news.  Only thing I see that NBC is taking notes from ABC's success with GMA.

10 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

.... This is a hard sell.  Already WNBC, WCAU and WRC all have 11AM news.. Can't for see them returning back to 12noon news. However, as others indicate if DoOL get's canned than it's possible.

WRC already has a 1 hour block for news meanwhile the other 2 have 30 min news with lifestyle shows at the bottom of the hour. Someone correct me if WTVJ has 11AM or 12noon news?  Unless it's breaking news or any hard news content like the 1st hour, than a 5th hour isn't really needed.  MSNBC with it's scheduling mambo jumbo does a good job covering the rest of the day with hard news.  Only thing I see that NBC is taking notes from ABC's success with GMA.

WTVJ midday news is at 11am followed by the lifestyle/entertainment show “6 in the mix”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Drew said:

I’m surprised today and others haven’t announced that they are not going out to the plaza during this 

If you’re referring to ‘this’ being the COVID-19 outbreak, it didn’t stop them from having a outdoor concert with that Harry Styles kid about a week or so ago. No reason for them not go outside as long as they’re being safe and whatnot.

22 minutes ago, TVNewsJunkie15 said:

The Live Audience for Hoda and Jenna has been suspended and the Plaza is now closed to visitors because of  the COVID-19 Pandmeic. https://www.today.com/news/today-show-live-audiences-suspended-due-coronavirus-t175664

And after all that big buildup about their show having an audience...