Today Show

todayshowproducer

Apparently this interview may happen: Tamron Hall to talk with Matt Lauer in regards to NBC Firing According to Celebrity Insider

Honestly, if she does this interview this will tarnish everything she's done good. The show is doing well on ABC O&O's

Article: https://celebrityinsider.org/matt-lauer-is-reportedly-gearing-up-for-an-interview-with-former-today-show-colleague-tamron-hall-to-talk-about-his-firing-from-nbc-divorce-from-annette-roque-and-more-will-megyn-kelly-come-up-327094/ 

Source: Celebrity Insider

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

Apparently this interview may happen: Tamron Hall to talk with Matt Lauer in regards to NBC Firing According to Celebrity Insider

Honestly, if she does this interview this will tarnish everything she's done good. The show is doing well on ABC O&O's

Why would it tarnish her at all?  Is she only supposed to have well-liked people on her show to talk about cooking and flowers?

60 Minutes correspondents interview unpopular people accused of crimes all the time, and press them on the details of the crimes they are accused of.  Why shouldn't she be able to do the same?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, mountainave said:

Why would it tarnish her at all?  Is she only supposed to have well-liked people on her show to talk about cooking and flowers?

60 Minutes correspondents interview unpopular people accused of crimes all the time, and press them on the details of the crimes they are accused of.  Why shouldn't she be able to do the same?

Fair question, it shouldn't matter. The only people that would be concerned are the NBC affiliates that air her show, but aren't they contracted to air her show regardless of content?  If that is real and she does get the interview, it will be a big get. It will certainly help her and the show. Until today's social media post, Lauer has been on stealth mode, it would be good to get his side of the story. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mountainave said:

Agreed. About the only way I could see this interview tarnishing Tamron Hall is if she tosses a series of softball questions to Lauer and ignores asking any tough questions. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, tvtime07 said:

I'm somewhat suspicious about what people who worked with Lauer "knew" about him. I feel like a lot of them are not saying what they actually knew and are hiding under this blanket of cluelessness in the public eye in order to keep their career and reputation. There's been open jokes and roasts touting Lauer's womanizing ways before the #MeToo movement when this behavior was sectioned off as okay for white men with power.  

I remember hearing rumors and jokes about this very type of behavior from Matt in the mid-2000s. Of course at the time they were all unfounded but where there is smoke there is likely fire so that leads me to believe that several of his colleagues were aware of his behavior. Hell Ann Curry even stated that she supported a former colleague who confided in her about Lauer's sexual harassment. I get the feeling that Katie Couric was well aware too with how tight lipped she's been about it all other than a few PC statements.

16 hours ago, mountainave said:

Only reason I'm only saying that is b/c she's done some advocacy in Domestic Violence.

However, I get your point and it's completely valid.  

She's a excellent journalist and if it does get picked up as @WAVY 10 Fan states no softball questions or anything going left.

So.. I don't know if this deserves a full post BUT DEADLINE IS REPORTING:  

Megyn Kelly Calls For Outside Investigation Of NBC News On Fox’s News’ ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’

Source: Deadline Breaking News.

IMO: Megyn was a train wreck from the beginning. I never understood to why NBC wanted to take on a headache like her and gave her a s*it load of money to than turn around to fire her.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spintech33 said:

Megyn Kelly Calls For Outside Investigation Of NBC News On Fox’s News’ ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’

hmmm... I wonder why.

Because she genuinely cares about the victims of the scandal... or because she has a vendetta with NBC News despite her show - and her time with it - were absolute failures (and the Brinks truck-load of cash she walked away with after the fact).

Either way... Stay classy, Meg.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

So.. I don't know if this deserves a full post BUT DEADLINE IS REPORTING:  

Source: Deadline Breaking News.

IMO: Megyn was a train wreck from the beginning. I never understood to why NBC wanted to take on a headache like her and gave her a s*it load of money to than turn around to fire her.

Let's not act as if Megyn Kelly was not a fully-respected journalist, one of FNC's best. For whatever reason as soon as she jumped to NBC everyone hated her from both sides. It makes no sense to me.

Furthermore, I'm not saying that she doesn't have ulterior motives but it's cynical as hell to think she (who has been an alleged victim of sexual harassment from a boss) would be calling for an investigation of NBC. She's not the only one who has advocated and call for this, why is she the only one being deemed disingenuous?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Let's not act as if Megyn Kelly was not a fully-respected journalist, one of FNC's best. For whatever reason as soon as she jumped to NBC everyone hated her from both sides. It makes no sense to me.

Furthermore, I'm not saying that she doesn't have ulterior motives but it's cynical as hell to think she (who has been an alleged victim of sexual harassment from a boss) would be calling for an investigation of NBC. She's not the only one who has advocated and call for this, why is she the only one being deemed disingenuous?

As far as people dumping on her, she deserves it. There are dozens of examples of her acting like a fool and saying idiotic stuff, that she is the last person to tell anyone else they should be honest and upfront about anything.  

Given her history, some could easily find her motives questionable. She has very little credibility and being an alleged victim of harassment isn’t enough to overcome that.

Calling her a ‘respected journalist’ is a joke because she isn’t a journalist (and never has been). 

Edited by jase
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, jase said:

As far as people dumping on her, she deserves it. There are dozens of examples of her acting like a fool and saying idiotic stuff, that she is the last person to tell anyone else they should be honest and upfront about anything.  

Given her history, some could easily find her motives questionable. She has very little credibility and being an alleged victim of harassment isn’t enough to overcome that.

Calling her a ‘respected journalist’ is a joke because she isn’t a journalist (and never has been). 

The last one who should be telling anyone that, really? Megyn, like many other journalist, has her degree in law but has practiced journalism from the start of her career. I'm not absolving her of having said some asinine things, but to act as if she wasn't at one point and time one of the most respected reporters out of the cesspool that is FNC is silly. 

All of that aside - if the meaning of this entire movement is to bring justice to the victims, how do you justify supporting the other victims while telling Megyn Kelly that she is advocating them for ulterior motives? You don't like her and that's fair but you can't pick and choose which victims you deem as being worthy of grace.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MorningNews said:

The last one who should be telling anyone that, really? Megyn, like many other journalist, has her degree in law but has practiced journalism from the start of her career. I'm not absolving her of having said some asinine things, but to act as if she wasn't at one point and time one of the most respected reporters out of the cesspool that is FNC is silly. 

All of that aside - if the meaning of this entire movement is to bring justice to the victims, how do you justify supporting the other victims while telling Megyn Kelly that she is advocating them for ulterior motives? You don't like her and that's fair but you can't pick and choose which victims you deem as being worthy of grace.

If she is truly an advocate for women, why in the world would she go back to a place (FNC) where she was a victim of harassment? What message is that sending? To put it plainly, her judgement, like her credibility, is questionable. I'm not picking sides, just pointing out her lack of common sense. There are plenty of other platforms she could have chosen to voice her opinion. Her apparent need to come creeping out of the shadows to grab another 15 minutes in the spotlight is pathetic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jase said:

If she is truly an advocate for women, why in the world would she go back to a place (FNC) where she was a victim of harassment? What message is that sending? To put it plainly, her judgement, like her credibility, is questionable. I'm not picking sides, just pointing out her lack of common sense. There are plenty of other platforms she could have chosen to voice her opinion. Her apparent need to come creeping out of the shadows to grab another 15 minutes in the spotlight is pathetic. 

I'm curious to know where here career will take her and if she plans leave the industry. After the blackface incident, she is now damaged goods, I think she knows she has burned bridges and no mainstream media organization will take her. Logically, her place will be back at a conservative media organization like Fox News, Pat Robertson's CBN or maybe even that new Viacom/Pluto TV channel called First.

8 hours ago, jase said:

Why did Matt Lauer's victims speak to NBC correspondents about their complaints, the very network that covered up the alleged perpetrator for years? FNC is just about the only network that's interested in entertaining Megyn Kelly at the moment. After watching the interview, I don't think it was appropriate to spend 20 minutes bashing NBC, she sounded scorned. However, I don't view her efforts to call out the network as disingenuous. She covered the topic heavily while she was at NBC.

Ultimately after reading the statement I think Megyn is genuine and accurate in her request to have the network investigated. Her and Gretchen Carlson along with others have signed the request so I don't see how this is an example of her advocacy being 'questionable' while others aren't challenged. She is the center of a major motion film coming out regarding this topic, this is hardly a '15 minutes of fame' grab imo. 

Nonetheless, this is probably better discussed in the dedicated NBC News sexual harassment forum rather than the dedicated Today Show forum.

Edited by MorningNews

6 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Why did Matt Lauer's victims speak to NBC correspondents about their complaints, the very network that covered up the alleged perpetrator for years? FNC is just about the only network that's interested in entertaining Megyn Kelly at the moment. After watching the interview, I don't think it was appropriate to spend 20 minutes bashing NBC, she sounded scorned. However, I don't view her efforts to call out the network as disingenuous. She covered the topic heavily while she was at NBC.

Ultimately after reading the statement I think Megyn is genuine and accurate in her request to have the network investigated. Her and Gretchen Carlson along with others have signed the request so I don't see how this is an example of her advocacy being 'questionable' while others aren't challenged. She is the center of a major motion film coming out regarding this topic, this is hardly a '15 minutes of fame' grab imo. 

Nonetheless, this is probably better discussed in the dedicated NBC News sexual harassment forum rather than the dedicated Today Show forum.

You got a point there. However, technically wasn't she apart of the 3rd hour of the Today Show. This could be discussed in both parts of the subforum if you ask me..

Here's my thing.  Although, she may be a "respected journalist" with a law degree and worked at FNC for most of her career at the end of day NBC took an investment on her and it failed terribly and when is that movie supposed to hit theatres- (November/December)?

On 10/17/2019 at 11:33 PM, tvtime07 said:

I'm curious to know where here career will take her and if she plans leave the industry. After the blackface incident, she is now damaged goods,...

She is no longer considered  damaged goods with that blackface thing...that was like 2 years ago.

The Governor of Virginia has at least 2 pics in blackface...and the PM of Canada was also exposed with pics..

Both men are still in office.

Kelly had NO pics.

It was a bunch of 'cancel culture' fake outrage, that most sane people now see right through.

I think Kelly is gonna bounce back...Big time. There are a whole bunch of suburban tv news watching mommy's just looking for a new moderate/conservative idol to follow.

Her return is being carefully plotted right now, and will be sprung in time for the elex fun.

What could be a better way to score points with conservatives then to say...

"NBC Screwed Me Too".

NBC boys club.jpg

Edited by Eat News
WJSN -Gap Crush- Boogie Up..https://youtu.be/rBjMHCM0CCs

15 minutes ago, Eat News said:

She is no longer considered  damaged goods with that blackface thing...that was like 2 years ago.

The Governor of Virginia has at least 2 pics in blackface...and the PM of Canada was also exposed with pics..

Both men are still in office.

Kelly had NO pics.

It was a bunch of 'cancel culture' fake outrage, that most sane people now see right through.

I think Kelly is gonna bounce back...Big time. There are a whole bunch of suburban tv news watching mommy's just looking for a new moderate/conservative idol to follow.

Her return is being carefully plotted right now, and will be sprung in time for the elex fun.

What could be a better way to score points with conservatives then to say...

"NBC Screwed Me Too".

NBC boys club.jpg

Megyn needs to rebrand herself and spilling right wing talking points and saying Jesus is white, is not going to win her any viewers or crossing over. The way she talks is bad if she wants to cross over cause you are trying to appeal to more then just white right leaning men, you want viewership from white liberals, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asians etc.

The thing about Megyn Kelly is that she has put herself in a corner cause most of her success came from being female eye candy to right wing leaning viewers. I know she is more than that, she was a former litigator at a big time law firm but how she presented herself at Fox News was a blonde barbie doll host and majority of Fox News female hosts present themselves like barbie dolls. It is hard to escape that typecasting, she tried when she made the big jump at NBC but it is like sticking a Zebra in the North Pole. She does not have that kind of warm fuzzy connection to people to be a morning show host and she got full of herself thinking she can be like an Oprah.

Megyn's best bet is to stick to what she is and that is law and politics. There is always going to be a niche for those two areas, don't pretend to be something you are not and going back to Fox News won't change that. She needs to go a place where there is support for women in journalism, she got enough money know it is all about doing what she loves.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The news about Matt is upsetting because above all he was good at his job and the show was great under his tenure (pre 2013). He had a good thing going for him, all he had to do was not be a jerk. Moreover it was dumb of NBC News to hire Megyn Kelly for $20+ million. What they should have done was improve the 7-9a block with more intellectual story choice then axe the third and fourth hours.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Someone awhile back said they were surprised that Al is still on this show. Honestly, I am not. The person who I am most surprise that has lasted is Carson Daly. He been on the show fo six years now (which I didn't realize until today tha it been that long) and does not seem like he will be leaving anytime soon (which is part of why I think he left his late night show)  but I will say he  has grown into his role on the show very well. I know at the time lot o people has skepticism but he has turned out to be solid addition in the long run I think.  

• Like 1