Today Show

todayshowproducer

Plus there is precedent for taping the third hour of Today, seeing as Megyn Kelly Today was taped on most Fridays, and Kathie Lee and Hoda have been known to tape Friday editions. That's the most feasible option. But if they go the replacement route you're right, the bench is stretched thin. Unless they go with Kate Snow, Kristen Welker or Hallie Jackson (the latter two being incredibly valuable on the WH beat) or Dave Price/Janice Huff (they'd have to also work 6-7 day weeks unless they left WNBC which they wouldn't). I for one would like to see Sunday Today canceled and have Weekend Today revert to being on both Saturdays and Sundays. But I guess if it means Willie stays off the weekday show as much as possible, I'm fine with him getting Sunday as a consolation prize.

11 minutes ago, newsanchor26 said:

Plus there is precedent for taping the third hour of Today, seeing as Megyn Kelly Today was taped on most Fridays, and Kathie Lee and Hoda have been known to tape Friday editions. That's the most feasible option. But if they go the replacement route you're right, the bench is stretched thin. Unless they go with Kate Snow, Kristen Welker or Hallie Jackson (the latter two being incredibly valuable on the WH beat) or Dave Price/Janice Huff (they'd have to also work 6-7 day weeks unless they left WNBC which they wouldn't). I for one would like to see Sunday Today canceled and have Weekend Today revert to being on both Saturdays and Sundays. But I guess if it means Willie stays off the weekday show as much as possible, I'm fine with him getting Sunday as a consolation prize.

Totally true, Sunday Today with Willie Geist should be cancelled because it's turning NBC into a boring show for viewers each morning. Make Weekend Today return to Sunday mornings PERIOD. And this is my point predictions to fix the problem 

• 1 month later...

There is no way Dylan will sustain working 7 days a week long term. Same goes for Sheinelle working 6 days. They'll have to have a day off during the week on a permanent basis (as Chuck Todd does) or dump their weekend duties all together & stick with the third hour during the week. They can easilly get somone from The Weather Channel to take Dylan's spot and someone from MSNBC to cover Sheinelle on Saturdays.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jtgh922 said:

There is no way Dylan will sustain working 7 days a week long term. Same goes for Sheinelle working 6 days. They'll have to have a day off during the week on a permanent basis (as Chuck Todd does) or dump their weekend duties all together & stick with the third hour during the week. They can easilly get somone from The Weather Channel to take Dylan's spot and someone from MSNBC to cover Sheinelle on Saturdays.

Maybe TODAY can axe weekends and (if our predictions) Sheinelle and Dylan could join FOX News for better viewers to understand their opinions

41 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Kinda surprising that TWC OCMs are still appearing on Today after the Bryon Allen acquisition.

I imagine there’s still a bit of news sharing. From what I’ve seen on social media several NBC O&O meteorologists or reporters are appearing to report on local weather.  

38 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

She's not with TWC anymore. She left TWC in September.

Looks like she's mainly been doing freelance work for NBC on the Today Show and on WNBC since then.

I figured so. No way would NBC use a TWC OCM after they sold them off.

On 3/3/2019 at 1:11 PM, Spring Rubber said:

She's not with TWC anymore. She left TWC in September.

Looks like she's mainly been doing freelance work for NBC on the Today Show and on WNBC since then.

Any idea as to why she's leaving? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, brianpr3 said:

The article and quotes are carefully worded. It say she will be likely leaving Access.  However they said this:

“Natalie has not been fired. She is and will continue to be a huge part of the NBC family. Our new EP will start next week.”

At the very minimum it means she will be with NBC until her contract runs out. However if she let go of Access I’d imagine she is looking at other avenues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of sad to see the Today Show become a shadow of it's former self 2013+, with Katy Lee & Megan Kelly gone the show should stick to 7-9A ET, and bring back elements of the old format.

Also, wish they'd utilize the plaza audience more, I've been to Rock Plz myself and audience engagement really lacks compared to GMA'S audience.

I've noticed some weird quirks about the weather hits during Today:

1.  During the 7:00-7:30 half hour, the weather hit is around 7:17.  During the 7:30-8:00 half hour, the weather hit is around 7:35 AM, just 5 minutes after coming back from a local station break.  Why is this?  Doesn't it put a strain for the meteorologists at the local NBC affiliates since they're not evenly spaced out?

2.  Why does Al Roker NOT say "here's what's happening in your neck of the woods" during the 7:00-7:30 half hour?  It seems so weird for him to say something along the lines of "now here's your local forecast" instead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kdex86 said:

I've noticed some weird quirks about the weather hits during Today:

1.  During the 7:00-7:30 half hour, the weather hit is around 7:17.  During the 7:30-8:00 half hour, the weather hit is around 7:35 AM, just 5 minutes after coming back from a local station break.  Why is this?  Doesn't it put a strain for the meteorologists at the local NBC affiliates since they're not evenly spaced out?

2.  Why does Al Roker NOT say "here's what's happening in your neck of the woods" during the 7:00-7:30 half hour?  It seems so weird for him to say something along the lines of "now here's your local forecast" instead.

On your second point they usually say "we'll get to your local forecast in the next 30 seconds" because there is a 30 second network ad that is suppose to play before the local covers. The rest of the wx hits toss straight to the locals.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:22 AM, newseider said:

On your second point they usually say "we'll get to your local forecast in the next 30 seconds" because there is a 30 second network ad that is suppose to play before the local covers. The rest of the wx hits toss straight to the locals.

Is there a significant financial or marketing gain by going "national weather --> ad --> local weather" (in that order) vs. "national weather --> local weather --> ad" during the 7:00-7:30 half hour?  Seems very weird to me.

50 minutes ago, kdex86 said:

Is there a significant financial or marketing gain by going "national weather --> ad --> local weather" (in that order) vs. "national weather --> local weather --> ad" during the 7:00-7:30 half hour?  Seems very weird to me.

GMA does this too, but they get creative with it with Select Cities, Weather trivia, and other stuff while ads are playing.

• Like 2