Today Show

todayshowproducer

Well she’s 65 - retirement age. She probably has more than enough money to retired extremely comfortably.  From what I understand she lives in Greenwich, CT which is about an hour away from NYC.  Although I think they provide a driver she still would be getting up early to get to the city and ready for the show. I imagine this is exhausting.

Now she has more time to do here passion projects the films and plays she writes.

8 hours ago, TriangleTriadMediaNews said:

I don't know how Regis' health is these days, but I'd love to see him come back and co-host with her during her farewell week.  Hasn't he filled in for Hoda in the past?

Yep, he has filled in for Hoda several times. I also wonder how he's holding up lately.

Sad, it's an end of an era. I always kinda felt like this was coming after Hoda got the main anchor role. Hoda & Kathy Lee was bound to come to an end sooner rather than later.

Jenna Bush is the frontrunner to replace Kathie Lee. Hoda may decide she doesn't want to do the 4th Hour without KLG. They could  cancel he Kathie Lee &  Hoda Show (since technically that what it had been for many years despite being under the tODAY Brand) and have Jenna and Sheinelle hist the 4th Hour 

2 minutes ago, TVNewsJunkie15 said:

Jenna Bush is the frontrunner to replace Kathie Lee. Hoda may decide she doesn't want to do the 4th Hour without KLG. They could  cancel he Kathie Lee &  Hoda Show (since technically that what it had been for many years despite being under the tODAY Brand) and have Jenna and Sheinelle hist the 4th Hour 

I believe that NBC should drop the 4th hour and either replace it with another show or return the time to the stations.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JCB4TV said:

I believe that NBC should drop the 4th hour and either replace it with another show or return the time to the stations.

I heard that they have Kelly Clarkson's show in the running, maybe her show should take over. 

51 minutes ago, TVNewsJunkie15 said:

I don't dig Jenna Bush Hager nor should she get it cause she robs the space of others cause who she is related to. She will be a turn off to a lot of viewers especially in the hyperpolitcal environment.  They should get Sheinelle Jones, she was a big deal in Philly, did very real doing the same format. Sheinelle deserves it, she has been there for a while and she is professional. Sheinelle can help bring in more diverse viewership and make up for it in NBC letting Tamron Hall go. 

I think Sheinelle Jones should get it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCB4TV said:

And NBC should add 10am newscasts to the list after the final hour of TODAY (if necessary)

If affiliates wanted to program an extra hour in the morning that badly, the 4th hour of Today wouldn't exist or it would be optional. I'm not sure why people on here think the affiliates want an extra hour of time to fill in the mornings.

They don't. 

That hour has always belonged to the network. Before the 4th hour of Today, it was the Soap Opera "Passions". Believe me, the network wouldn't have decided on this without input from the Affiliates. Input that went "No, please fill that for us, we don't want to fill it ourselves."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Robin Red said:

I heard that they have Kelly Clarkson's show in the running, maybe her show should take over. 

I don't dig Jenna Bush Hager nor should she get it cause she robs the space of others cause who she is related to. She will be a turn off to a lot of viewers especially in the hyperpolitcal environment.  They should get Sheinelle Jones, she was a big deal in Philly, did very real doing the same format. Sheinelle deserves it, she has been there for a while and she is professional. Sheinelle can help bring in more diverse viewership and make up for it in NBC letting Tamron Hall go. 

I think Sheinelle Jones should get it. 

Jenna is very popular with people who watch Kathie Lee and Hoda. 

• Like 2

On 12/16/2018 at 11:27 PM, TVNewsJunkie15 said:

Jenna is very popular with people who watch Kathie Lee and Hoda. 

I guess so but in my opinion she is much better being a correspondent or contributor. She really does not need that gig like other on air hosts do. I think Sheinelle should get it and let her do a test run with Hoda. 

On 10/28/2018 at 8:49 PM, JacobC said:

That was NOT a good choice. NBC needs to end weekend editions of TODAY. Peter needs to stay in Washington to help his wife Alison Starling.

Weekend Today has been non existent since Lester's promotion. The magic is gone, there was a time were weekend Today was a superior product to weekday version. I miss the team of Lester and Campbell. I think it should be cancelled and maybe let the weekend crew do the 4th hour of the Today show. 

On 12/16/2018 at 9:46 PM, Weeters said:

If affiliates wanted to program an extra hour in the morning that badly, the 4th hour of Today wouldn't exist or it would be optional. I'm not sure why people on here think the affiliates want an extra hour of time to fill in the mornings.

They don't.

As long as TPIR, Y&R and The View still exist at that time of day to Hoover up the eyeballs (and Wendy to a smaller extent), those NBC affiliates don't want to be stuck with that timeslot; 10am-noon on an NBC affiliate is a black hole where the worst of syndication goes to die otherwise. The same stations are still dealing with Santa Barbara's cancellation forcing them to fill the 3pm/2pm timeslot 25 years ago and outside a few lucky stations with CBSTD shows or Ellen, have never figured out any way outside of fluff talk or Access Live to have a pulse there.

Edited by mrschimpf

44 minutes ago, mrschimpf said:

As long as TPIR, Y&R and The View still exist at that time of day to Hoover up the eyeballs (and Wendy to a smaller extent), those NBC affiliates don't want to be stuck with that timeslot; 10am-noon on an NBC affiliate is a black hole where the worst of syndication goes to die otherwise. The same stations are still dealing with Santa Barbara's cancellation forcing them to fill the 3pm/2pm timeslot 25 years ago and outside a few lucky stations with CBSTD shows or Ellen, have never figured out any way outside of fluff talk or Access Live to have a pulse there.

I'll admit-WYFF has done pretty well with Ellen DeGeneres- she's the longest running show on 4 to air at 3pm since  Santa Barbara ended in 93. WSPA has had Wendy Williams for a while at 3- and she does better than Guiding Light.

• 3 weeks later...

So I don't think that's where the new video walls are. NBC News Correspondent Morgan Radford was filming a segment in the Today kitchen last night and posted this on her Instagram, you can clearly see the old Kathy Lee and Hoda set still there. I believe the new video walls are in the opposite corner where the windows overlook the plaza.  You can watch Morgans video & see the area I think the new walls are in. 

image.png

16 minutes ago, USNewsie said:

With Dylan and Sheinelle going full time on the 3rd hour, who replace them on the weekend? I don't see any strong in house replacement.

I imagine they’ll stay on the weekend. NBC has been doing that with their First Look team the past year.  They probably have the afternoons off and with no Sunday shows they probably can leave at 9AM. Willie Geist, Ayman Mohyeldin, Yasmin Vossoughian and Jose-Diaz Balart all do six day work weeks.

Edited by rkolsen
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

I imagine they’ll stay on the weekend. NBC has been doing that with their First Look team the past year.  They probably have the afternoons off and with no Sunday shows they probably can leave at 9AM. Willie Geist, Ayman Mohyeldin, Yasmin Vossoughian and Jose-Diaz Balart all do six day work weeks.

Dylan works Sundays too alongside Willie.