Today Show

todayshowproducer

The Orange Room is blocked off now for what I assume is when Carson is gone. It’s slide in wall with wooden “steps” of the Today show logo seen similar to the acrylic one that’s out orange that’s immediately next to the video wall.

Now as a Savannah fan I think she should get the third hour to even hours up (between her and Hoda). She could make it newsy while also pop culture friendly.

That was NOT a good choice. NBC needs to end weekend editions of TODAY. Peter needs to stay in Washington to help his wife Alison Starling.

Seems like you don’t have any like for NBC at all yet so why are you watching?

At this rate your beating dead horse on your end but is making NBC hundreds of millions.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 5

The third hour opened as basically an extension of the main show.

Edit: at 9:20 am Jenna Bush Hager picked things up from studio 6A with Al and Craig joining her later on.

I’m wondering if perhaps the 9AM ET A Block could be the same as the 7AM MT to update it.

The Orange Room is blocked off now for what I assume is when Carson is gone. It’s slide in wall with wooden “steps” of the Today show logo seen similar to the acrylic one that’s out orange that’s immediately next to the video wall.

Now as a Savannah fan I think she should get the third hour to even hours up (between her and Hoda). She could make it newsy while also pop culture friendly.

At this rate your beating dead horse on your end but is making NBC hundreds of millions.

No no no, I'm checking other websites for any buzz happening at low-rated NBC and Carson Daly has to leave Today Show because of prior flights going back-and-forth will be hectic for him.

• Like 3

That was NOT a good choice. NBC needs to end weekend editions of TODAY.

There is nothing about NBC (as far as the rest of us know) that you even remotely like... yet you give them all of your time and awareness (at least from the news and links found here). #ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmm

Peter needs to stay in Washington to help his wife Alison Starling.

That's what the work week is for. What Peter does in his private life with his wife is his business, not yours (or ours for that matter).

No it's his schedule that may be the problem, because the going back-and-forth situation will be too much for him.

Network correspondents go back and forth between cities for its shows all the time. If Bob Schieffer could do it for an entire year, Peter surely can for the time being.

No no no, I'm checking other websites for any buzz happening at low-rated NBC and Carson Daly has to leave Today Show because of prior flights going back-and-forth will be hectic for him.

It occurs during The Voice seasons. Normally the someone else fills in. But maybe this is a sign they’re going to get rid of it. As for the low ratings Today may not be number #1 in total viewership but they are #1 in the demo.

Edit: Total viewers are nice but if your not bringing in the demo your not going to getting that much more if at all in ad rates.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/lester-holt-newscast-wins-news-demo-david-muir-lands-total-viewer-win-full-season-tv-ratings-1202471105/

Edited by Guest

Carson is out filming The Voice and as for the Orange room, NBC News's election night coverage is going to be originating from studio 1a and they are redoing the orange room to be used as part of the election night coverage for the midterms.

Edited by Drew1001

For the time being the format of the 9:00 is going to back to what it was prior to 2012. Hoda and Savannah will appear for the first segment and they will hand it off Al Roker, and a rotating group other TODAY personalities such as Criag ,Jenna, Dylan and Sheinelle.

Edited by Guest

That was NOT a good choice. NBC needs to end weekend editions of TODAY. Peter needs to stay in Washington to help his wife Alison Starling.

I don't see the issue with it. WRC morning anchor Aaron Gilchrist has been going to NYC to do weekends on MSNBC for awhile now, which surprises me because I figured he could do that from the DC or Capitol Hill building.

• Like 3

You've had some bad travel experiences, haven't you?

• Like 2

Live with Kelly and Ryan's Ryan Seacrest flew back and forth between New York and Los Angeles for three months during American Idol earlier this year. It looks like Ryan will do the same next year as well.

• Like 2

Live with Kelly and Ryan's Ryan Seacrest flew back and forth between New York and Los Angeles for three months during American Idol earlier this year. It looks like Ryan will do the same next year as well.

When you are getting paid over $5 million flying back and forth it shouldn’t be a big deal. Carson is only out the days The Voice is live - Monday and Tuesday. He take the red eye out for a Wednesday’s show. I’m sure if they wanted him to appear live they’d have him in the studios in LA.

During the live episodes of American Idol did Ryan Seacrest fly back and forth each night or a similar arrangement like Carson?

Edit: Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the commute Peter Alexander will have up to NYC.

First let me say this, I once asked a MSNBC contributor how they get to NYC after appear on Morning Joe and a show shortly after 1PM in NYC. They mostly fly up to JFK from DCA as it’s flight under 1 hour.

So for Peter I imagine he will do the same on Friday - attend a show production meeting via conference call, fly up in the afternoon, spend a night in the plushy hotel the guests stay at, do the show on Saturday and head back home around noon.

José Diaz-Balart likely does the same by flying out Noticiero Telemundo, and spend the days in production meetings, do NN and I’m not sure if he flys out Saturday night or Sunday.

Edited by rkolsen
  • Like 2

When you are getting paid over $5 million flying back and forth it shouldn’t be a big deal. Carson is only out the days The Voice is live - Monday and Tuesday. He take the red eye out for a Wednesday’s show. I’m sure if they wanted him to appear live they’d have him in the studios in LA.

And don't forget "Last Call”. They worked all of this out already years ago. Meanwhile, DCA-->JFK is no big deal at all. Peter may even just take in the Acela and not even bother with the flights. The route certainly isn't a buggy route by any means at all.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/morning-show-ratings-week-of-oct-22-2/382480

The Today Show was number 1 in all categories last week....

That is WRONG. NBC is NOT number 1, they need to be in 3rd place because of the low ratings that NBC just did in 2018, not cool. When 2019 arrives...people will still NOT WATCH NBC at all!!!!!

That is WRONG. NBC is NOT number 1, they need to be in 3rd place because of the low ratings that NBC just did in 2018, not cool. When 2019 arrives...people will still NOT WATCH NBC at all!!!!!

...in your opinion.

• Like 3

During the live episodes of American Idol did Ryan Seacrest fly back and forth each night or a similar arrangement like Carson?

Edit: Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the commute Peter Alexander will have up to NYC.

First let me say this, I once asked a MSNBC contributor how they get to NYC after appear on Morning Joe and a show shortly after 1PM in NYC. They mostly fly up to JFK from DCA as it’s flight under 1 hour.

So for Peter I imagine he will do the same on Friday - attend a show production meeting via conference call, fly up in the afternoon, spend a night in the plushy hotel the guests stay at, do the show on Saturday and head back home around noon.

José Diaz-Balart likely does the same by flying out Noticiero Telemundo, and spend the days in production meetings, do NN and I’m not sure if he flys out Saturday night or Sunday.

You can catch a "shuttle" (DC-NYC) every half hour, but it's still flying, and flying anywhere is a pain in the ass...even for network snooty's.

So overly inflated ego's want the "private" company owned shuttle (ie:private jet) when they don't or can't make the regular shuttle.

Bop between DC and NYC daily or even a few times a week and it takes a toll on anyone. I sure as hell wouldn't do that trip nowadays, because flying anywhere is a giant pain in the ass. Even for the short hop to DC it still sucks worse when you get delayed and say to yourself...

"This flight used to take an hour before 9-11"

Take my advice...take the train.

Edited by Eat News
  • Like 2

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/morning-show-ratings-week-of-oct-22-2/382480

The Today Show was number 1 in all categories last week....

Wonder if it’ll continue to trend that way. NBC has been closing the total viewer gap lately. GMA really needs to hit reset and dump Strahan from the main hour.

• Like 3

Wonder if it’ll continue to trend that way. NBC has been closing the total viewer gap lately. GMA really needs to hit reset and dump Strahan from the main hour.

This. He does not scream “journalism” at all. Keep him on the 8am hour and GMA Day.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2