Today Show

todayshowproducer

• 4 weeks later...

I just heard that Megyn Kelly will be gone from NBC sooner or later. The network needs to stop being #1 everyday with the lowest ratings on The Today Show and the anchor team is worse than you thought. Next step is to axe weekend editions as well. Yikes! NBC is not a good network to watch!!

• Like 1

I just heard that Megyn Kelly will be gone from NBC sooner or later. The network needs to stop being #1 everyday with the lowest ratings on The Today Show and the anchor team is worse than you thought. Next step is to axe weekend editions as well. Yikes! NBC is not a good network to watch!!

I am not a fan of NBC News management. I don't deplore what Megyn Kelly said about Matt Lauer and her using the forum to discuss these issues. Part of building trust is being transparent and that includes reporting what goes on in your own home. It is scandal likes these is the ultimate reason why majority of people don't watch mainstream news anymore. Laurer has been a known pervert and sexual predator for years and yet NBC kept him only cause of ratings and not ethics or decency and goes against their so called "family friendly" image pushed on the Today show.

I don't have a problem with Megyn Kelly as a host but NBC trying to make her warm and fuzzy and her thinking she can be the next Oprah is a turnoff. Megyn going rogue or expressing her opinion is classic Megyn Kelly, she is out for herself and her image not about being the perfect company woman.

Andrew Lack needs to be fired cause his behavior only shows how complict he is. Yet they banned Ann Curry from television. They have the nerve to criticize regular people and play a moral game. Megyn Kelly is only out for herself she does not care about NBC management. The problem is that they are caught in a jam cause they can't just fire her, they may buy out her contract. Also there is some rumors that she using classic backstabbing politics to get what she wants.

I am not surprised if they axe the weekend Today show. They have been wanting to do that for the last five years and replace it with more polilitcal news. There was talks back in 2013 of them having a weekend edition of Morning Joe. Weekend Today has been a nonexistent show since Lester Holt's promotion.

Edited by Robin Red

• 3 weeks later...
Megyn Kelly in hot water today. Her point could have been made a little more eloquently.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/23/media/megyn-kelly-blackface/index.html

Methinks Megyn and NBC are trying to figure out their exit strategy to get her off Today and out of her contract. If not this, it’s gonna be real soon.

I’m not altogether worried for Megyn; Fox would hire her back in a heartbeat.

Edited by Guest

Megyn Kelly in hot water today. Her point could have been made a little more eloquently.

This is not surprising in the least. Just another idiotic statement from her to add to the list. Heck..this doesn't even come close to her all-time classic ..'Santa can't be any other color than White.'

• Like 1

Her point is not offensive in my opinion. She definitely could have and should have worded it more eloquently but all that’s needed is a little context to understand she wasn’t being offensive.

One would think a former lawyer, of all people, would be able to clearly articulate a point (whatever it may be).

• Like 8

You’re absolutely right about that. Even if not a lawyer, a journalist or TV personality needs to use extreme caution with topics like this.

I’m not defending her lack of judgement but I don’t believe her comment was racist or intended to come off racist. She just didn’t use the best wording to make her point.

I've had enough. I am so in big trouble, 'cause I can't stand Megyn nor the Today Show gang anymore. No inspiration! No more viewership! Zero! NBC is going backwards! Best team? None of my business. Unfortunately, NBC needs to change the anchor team for viewers that could really change The Today Show before layoffs will arrive.

One would think a former lawyer, of all people, would be able to clearly articulate a point (whatever it may be).

You’re absolutely right about that. Even if not a lawyer, a journalist or TV personality needs to use extreme caution with topics like this.

I’m not defending her lack of judgement but I don’t believe her comment was racist or intended to come off racist. She just didn’t use the best wording to make her point.

And because of her inartful nature, the cynic in me starts thinking that she's trying to sabotage her own show. She couldn't and can't be that tone-deaf, FFS.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

And because of her inartful nature, the cynic in me starts thinking that she's trying to sabotage her own show. She couldn't and can't be that tone-deaf, FFS.

...and FOX comes to "rescue" her from mean old NBC, right about the time those contract "renewal" talks should start.

She just needs FOX to cooperate an take her back, because now that all those bad men are gone and dead, she should be safe to return....right?

You think she is cocky now?

Just wait......

EDIT: Roker wants her fired...

.https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/10/al-roker-wants-megyn-kelly-fired-blackface-scandal-nbc-today-show/

Edited by Eat News
  • Like 1

It’s about time Al Roker leaves as well.

So funny to me how hypocritical they’re all being over a simple mistake. This the same bunch who sat and let Matt literally rape and berate women with no issue, but now a mistake by Kelly has them out with pitchforks.

• Like 3

...and FOX comes to "rescue" her from mean old NBC, right about the time those contract "renewal" talks should start.

She just needs FOX to cooperate an take her back, because now that all those bad men are gone and dead, she should be safe to return....right?

You think she is cocky now?

Just wait......

EDIT: Roker wants her fired...

.https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/10/al-roker-wants-megyn-kelly-fired-blackface-scandal-nbc-today-show/

The funny thing is, those “bad men” that Megyn threw under the bus also were the same ones who stood by her and never gave into Trump’s demands for her removal (after she asked pointed questions at him as a debate moderator). And it’s pretty simple as to why; she got ratings and revenue for the network, the flap with Trump never put her show in danger of cancellation, and actually raised her profile enough for NBC to lure her away.

And given the prime 25-54 demo fights between Fox and MSNBC in primetime, it’s not a stretch to see Fox welcoming back Megyn as if nothing had ever happened. Shore up all the star power you can get your hands on.

Edited by Guest

In a stronger position she might have lasted the rest of the TV season. But when you have stations free to move her to 10am because "Kelly" and local advertorials do much better at 9am and your only buzz is to continually screw up in interviews and panels rather than content merit...that's the kind of 'bad PR is still good PR' you really don't want going forward.

• Like 1