Today Show

todayshowproducer

OMG we're all right, Willie Geist's Sunday morning show is boring and Craig Melvin wasn't relatable to the viewers. I don't watch the Today Show too, because some two females on weekdays along with "evil Megyn" received bad ratings. So bad for what NBC News did over 6 years.

NBC has shown that they are a narrow minded, dumb organization with no ethics. Oust the good honest journalist like Ann out of a job and keep the pervert and sexual abuser Lauer.

However now that we are in 2018, what NBC did wrong with Megyn Kelly was overvalue her stock. They should've known that not everybody was going to warm up to her that easily. Megyn Kelly is nowhere near the level of a Lester Holt, Oprah, in terms of likablilty and audience trust. NBC treated her like she was someone who had an powerful brand but she really did not.

She was in a bubble at Fox News and she was nothing more but eye candy to Fox News male viewership. Once you leave the Fox News cocoon, she would have to work to appeal to a mass diverse audience. How can she relate to young women, African Americans, Hispanics and LGBTQ community. If you look at her audience there is not much diversity. Whereas you look at Wendy Williams, The Real, Ellen, and even Steve Harvey there is a diverse studio audience and an audience that is lively and looks happy to be there.

• Like 1

Just chiming in to say that I will always root against this show and all associated with it for the decision to dump Ann back in 2012. Especially when it was revealed that she suffered workplace bullying at the hands of Lauer and that fat ass executive producer.

• Like 7

2018 was an awful year at NBC with Hoda, Megyn, and everybody else at Studio 1A (featuring Carson). Why, why hasn’t the network doing the right thing to push these personalities out the door? I feel like their morning viewers seem to lost it all and evenings too. Boy do I miss Natalie and Willie and TODAY 7 days a week, NOT Sunday TODAY it is boring. I hope this works; if not...back to “real news network” CBS This Morning or the #1 rated GMA.

• Like 2

2018 was an awful year at NBC with Hoda, Megyn, and everybody else at Studio 1A (featuring Carson). Why, why hasn’t the network doing the right thing to push these personalities out the door? I feel like their morning viewers seem to lost it all and evenings too. Boy do I miss Natalie and Willie and TODAY 7 days a week, NOT Sunday TODAY it is boring. I hope this works; if not...back to “real news network” CBS This Morning or the #1 rated GMA.

I have never been a fan of the Today show since they got rid of Ann Curry however, people have outgrown network morning news and also local affiliate news. We are living in a digital age and people are not watching much traditional news anymore. People are going to places where they can get their news unfiltered. Today show is nothing but commericals.

Are they trying to make Dylan a more versatile member of the team. They had her interviewing AARP CEO on the battle against dementia.

She was doing the weather today as well.

Yes, I guess that is what she wanted in her contract with her agent. She probably wants to be taken seriously besides just being eye candy weather lady.

• Like 1

Yes, I guess that is what she wanted in her contract with her agent. She probably wants to be taken seriously besides just being eye candy weather lady.

I also imagine she got tired of being constantly on the road for days on end for storms when you got kids at home.

• Like 1

I also imagine she got tired of being constantly on the road for days on end for storms when you got kids at home.

She stopped doing that before she got pregnant. She just has a good agent, there is nothing really remarkable about Dylan as far as on air talent is concerned she just knows how to network with the right people and get good negeoitiations for herself.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys are these basically the only two types of special reports used during Today? I visit TVForum and they asked about special reports a while back and hadn’t had a chance to make a video. . I said there are essentially two types one which crashes what ever happens on the east coast feed so it will continue taping and those that occur during breaks or opts. Here’s a little video I made.

Of course there’s the full on special report where everything pauses because they’ll be on the air for over a half an hour or more.

• 2 weeks later...

Megan Kelly is on vacation this week and Savannah Guthrie filled in for her today and I have to say she did a really good job.

She is much better fit for the type of program, then Megyn.

Savannah can easily switch from a serious story to a lighter one, in a very believable way.

• Like 1

I'm going to respectfully disagree. I think Savannah is one of the worst anchors in Today's history.

I agree she is a disaster since Megyn joined NBC last year. Savannah Guthrie needs to be at another network like ABC for example and then Megyn Kelly Today will be cancelled.

It was nice to see the morning talk show format hosted by someone actually capable of making it enjoyable, watchable television. I've tried to like Megyn and I think I do like her as a person, but Megyn Kelly Today is unwatchable. If Savannah, or Hoda, or even Sheinelle Jones or Dylan Dreyer hosted a show with this format I could enjoy it. Based on the tweets it sounds like Hoda, Al, Carson and Kathie Lee will get a crack at it while Megyn's away. Can't wait. But I can wait for Megyn to get back...

• Like 3

It was nice to see the morning talk show format hosted by someone actually capable of making it enjoyable, watchable television. I've tried to like Megyn and I think I do like her as a person, but Megyn Kelly Today is unwatchable. If Savannah, or Hoda, or even Sheinelle Jones or Dylan Dreyer hosted a show with this format I could enjoy it. Based on the tweets it sounds like Hoda, Al, Carson and Kathie Lee will get a crack at it while Megyn's away. Can't wait. But I can wait for Megyn to get back...

Seriously, everybody is a disaster!!!! Nobody likes the team at the Today Show and I started boycotting NBC UNTIL they can remove weekend broadcasts as well as the team too you know. BTW, Hoda Kotb is not a right person to count as well as Carson, Al, Sheinelle and Dylan, but not Megyn and Savannah. NBC started off well but they went down BIG TIME!!!! So folks, CBS and ABC are choses to watch.

• Like 3

Seriously, everybody is a disaster!!!! Nobody likes the team at the Today Show and I started boycotting NBC UNTIL they can remove weekend broadcasts as well as the team too you know. BTW, Hoda Kotb is not a right person to count as well as Carson, Al, Sheinelle and Dylan, but not Megyn and Savannah. NBC started off well but they went down BIG TIME!!!! So folks, CBS and ABC are choses to watch.

In my opinion I never like the Today show, they are very self centered and think the whole entire world revolves around them and NYC. The fact that they kept serial sexual harasser Matt Lauer for only 20 years knowing his behavior shows that they are immoral and nasty institution. The only anchor I liked was Lester Holt who was on Weekend Today,was a superior show then the weekday counterpart.

• 2 weeks later...
https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/savannah-guthrie-replacing-megyn-kelly-164331

Savanna maybe replacing Megyn Kelly on the 9am hour of Today

Doubtful, their not gonna risk ratings how they are with Savannah and Hoda. Who the hell do they have left to replace her

They could do. It. Have Savannah ditch the 8:30 half hour to do the 9AM hour.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Craig Melvin stepping down as Saturday Today co anchor... He will still be on Monday-Friday on Today and MSNBC... https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/craig-melvin-is-stepping-down-as-co-anchor-of-saturday-today/374944

This seems to be another step in Melvin's rise to third co anchor of the main program.

Also, I wonder who will be his replacement on Saturday.

Tamron Hall had the same clause in her last NBC contract. That's how she became co-host of the 9:00 hour. When they hired Megyn Kelly, word is she was offered the 3rd co-anchor slot as a consolation prize, but she opted to leave and it was given to Hoda. Dylan probably had it in her contract that she get top billing with the other anchors.

• Like 2

Anyone else notice Craig Melvin is in the Today cast photo on Twitter? Just sayin...

Craig Melvin stepping down as Saturday Today co anchor... He will still be on Monday-Friday on Today and MSNBC... https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/craig-melvin-is-stepping-down-as-co-anchor-of-saturday-today/374944

This seems to be another step in Melvin's rise to third co anchor of the main program.

Also, I wonder who will be his replacement on Saturday.

Congrats to Craig. I like him joining later in the 7am hour when the show gets more relaxed. I don't really want three permenant anchors. It is not needed.

Don't really care for Craig Melvin, his voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Considering the state of the Today show, his rise is not very surprising. A supporting person is better for him then being a leading anchor. I can't listen to his voice on a daily basis. I hope NBC news takes heed and limit his role to be a supporting cast as possible.

I don't think a third anchor is necessary cause I think it is just another ego to deal with and we already have enough egos on that table with Dylan, Carson and Al.

Savannah and Hoda have good chemistry, to me Today show should have rotating guest fill in anchors to make it more interesting when Savannah or Hoda are away.

I am sorry but Craig's voice is just grating he should only fill in once when Savannah or Hoda or away then after you get a guest fill in.