Today Show

todayshowproducer

I would love to see them get a new anchor desk. On a separate note does anyone thing they might be adding Craig Melvin to the Show as permeant fixture, he was on most every day durning the Olympics and was seen a lot before the olympic too recently. Mostly he contributed to Trending and appears on the Plaza with the rest of the gang.

He may likely be, I don't understand the point of keeping Carson Daly on the show.

I want Carson Daly, GONE NOW! Not after breakfast. Not after SVU. Now! God I'm so angry I could just throw a rock at a window at Studio 1A.

Why is Carson greedy for so many jobs, cris crossing back to LA and NYC and back. I don't care for Craig Melvin and to me he truly adds nothing to the show. Non of the hosts add anything, Today show is just fluff television. I stopped watching years ago but their juicy behind the scenes gossip is more interesting then the show and the hosts.

• Like 5

Today's open had Sheinelle Jones, Craig Melvin AND Dylan Dreyer named on screen and in the VO...I guess that's official now then.

Not taken them long at all to silently announce that...

It's been like that for a while. Dylan still just does weather and orange room but I guess they wanted to give her a bit of a consolation prize after losing her temp duties at 9am

It's been like that for a while. Dylan still just does weather and orange room but I guess they wanted to give her a bit of a consolation prize after losing her temp duties at 9am

As far as I remember, before the Olympics, it was just "Today, live from Studio 1A..." and the graphics faded to the plaza/control room early. When did they start naming the weekend crew?

• 1 month later...

If the allegations against Tom Brokaw of sexual harassment are true then which Male Alumni from the today show will appear for the 70th anniversary in 2022? Matt Lauer I don't think will be invited, Bryant Gumbel I can't imagine never sexually harassed anyone while at NBC, same for Al Roker so that leaves us with Jim Hartz who was co-host for a very brief period of time and High Downs who will be 100 if he's still alive.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
If the allegations against Tom Brokaw of sexual harassment are true then which Male Alumni from the today show will appear for the 70th anniversary in 2022? Matt Lauer I don't think will be invited, Bryant Gumbel I can't imagine never sexually harassed anyone while at NBC, same for Al Roker so that leaves us with Jim Hartz who was co-host for a very brief period of time and High Downs who will be 100 if he's still alive.

I think it's simple; they just won't do one.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Apparently there is speculation that NBC might change Megyn Kelly's time slot. They should've done this the first day of her new show of putting in the 10AM hour.

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/11/nbc-mulls-moving-megyn-kelly-today-to-a-new-time-slot/

I just don't think it will happen, my prediction is for NBC to get rid of Hoda and Megyn because every single NBC station has bad ratings in daytime and primetime. And I think it's about time for Savannah to look for a new anchor, but NOT Carson nor Craig, everything went downhill since April of 2016. Please HELP ME I'M CONTINUING TO BOYCOTT NBC NEWS until they can bring Natalie back to the Big Apple and the original weekend news on TODAY with two hours on Saturday and 60 minutes on Sunday with the weekend crew. What do you think??? It's my statement on what's up in the future.

I just don't think it will happen, my prediction is for NBC to get rid of Hoda and Megyn because every single NBC station has bad ratings in daytime and primetime. And I think it's about time for Savannah to look for a new anchor, but NOT Carson nor Craig, everything went downhill since April of 2016. Please HELP ME I'M CONTINUING TO BOYCOTT NBC NEWS until they can bring Natalie back to the Big Apple and the original weekend news on TODAY with two hours on Saturday and 60 minutes on Sunday with the weekend crew. What do you think??? It's my statement on what's up in the future.

Network morning television is on the decline overall in local and morning shows.

To me, Today show went downhill a long time ago when they ousted Ann Curry. I don't pay much attention to the Today show anymore. I don't get the big deal with Willie Geist, he has no personality and not even a real newsman. His Sunday show is very boring.

Weekend Today is non existent, I am not a fan of Craig Melvin, his voice is a turn off and he is not relatable.

• Like 3

Network morning television is on the decline overall in local and morning shows.

To me, Today show went downhill a long time ago when they ousted Ann Curry. I don't pay much attention to the Today show anymore. I don't get the big deal with Willie Geist, he has no personality and not even a real newsman. His Sunday show is very boring.

Weekend Today is non existent, I am not a fan of Craig Melvin, his voice is a turn off and he is not relatable.

Willie’s Sunday show kind of requires the no personality type of tone. When he’s on other shows during the week he definitely shows his personality, and I’m not sure how you came up with him not being a real newsman.

• Like 2

OMG we're all right, Willie Geist's Sunday morning show is boring and Craig Melvin wasn't relatable to the viewers. I don't watch the Today Show too, because some two females on weekdays along with "evil Megyn" received bad ratings. So bad for what NBC News did over 6 years.

From a source,

According to this person, NBC may move Megyn Kelly to 10:00, but it depends on a few variables.

Apparently Kathie Lee Gifford had schedule to leave TODAY after the tenth anniversary, however that was before Matt Lauer was fired, after that NBC asked if she would stay on due to all the changes happening and Hoda's promotion to Co-Anchor.

Kathie Lee Gifford agreed as long as she would be allowed to take 3 months off durning the summer to film a movie she wrote ( which explains her absence lately). Kathie Lee only signed a 1 year deal and their is no guarantee that she will re up with the network.

NBC is hoping that Gifford stays on... but if she leaves, NBC 's plan is to move Megyn to 10:00 and make the 9:00 hour an extension of the first two hours, where Savannah Guthrie and Hoda will serve as the Co-anchor.

It would be similar to what they did in the early 2000s when Matt, and Katie anchored the third hour.

However the source pointed out that every year since Kathie has joined NBC she signed 1 year deals, and their always was a question about wether she would re up each year.

From a source,

According to this person, NBC may move Megyn Kelly to 10:00, but it depends on a few variables.

Apparently Kathie Lee Gifford had schedule to leave TODAY after the tenth anniversary, however that was before Matt Lauer was fired, after that NBC asked if she would stay on due to all the changes happening and Hoda's promotion to Co-Anchor.

Kathie Lee Gifford agreed as long as she would be allowed to take 3 months off durning the summer to film a movie she wrote ( which explains her absence lately). Kathie Lee only signed a 1 year deal and their is no guarantee that she will re up with the network.

NBC is hoping that Gifford stays on... but if she leaves, NBC 's plan is to move Megyn to 10:00 and make the 9:00 hour an extension of the first two hours, where Savannah Guthrie and Hoda will serve as the Co-anchor.

It would be similar to what they did in the early 2000s when Matt, and Katie anchored the third hour.

However the source pointed out that every year since Kathie has joined NBC she signed 1 year deals, and their always was a question about wether she would re up each year.

The time switch was reported on earlier in the thread. I don’t remember Matt and Katie ever hosting the third hour.

Once Kathie Lee leaves, they should give Kathie Lee and Hoda’s Hour to Jenna Bush Hager and bring on Chelsea Clinton to be her co-host.

• Like 1

The time switch was reported on earlier in the thread. I don’t remember Matt and Katie ever hosting the third hour.

Once Kathie Lee leaves, they should give Kathie Lee and Hoda’s Hour to Jenna Bush Hager and bring on Chelsea Clinton to be her co-host.

Matt Lauer and Katie anchored up until 2006, when Meredith Veria joined.

Because Meredith hosted millionaire she could not appear after 9:00. That when they transition to the "Show with in a Show model" and Natalie Morales began co-hosting the 9:00 with Al Roker

I would have to disagree with you here. Jenna is an absolutely terrible and awkward host.

Matt Lauer and Katie anchored up until 2006, when Meredith Veria joined.

Because Meredith hosted millionaire she could not appear after 9:00. That when they transition to the "Show with in a Show model" and Natalie Morales began co-hosting the 9:00 with Al Roker

Yeah, I know Meredith couldn’t appear during 9am hour, but Matt rarely appeared there either. I always remember 9am being Ann and Al during that period.

• Like 1

Willie’s Sunday show kind of requires the no personality type of tone. When he’s on other shows during the week he definitely shows his personality, and I’m not sure how you came up with him not being a real newsman.

Willie has no personality and he is overrated. Willie is not a newsman(journalist) he is a studio doll. He got ahead cause of his daddy Bill Geist.

A real newsman is a journalist who is not afraid to cover hard news, go to the front lines, be among the people to get the story. Lester Holt, Richard Engel, Scott Pelley, David Muir, are real newsmen.

Willie Geist does not do any of that, he stays in the studio, reads the teleprompter and stays bland.

• Like 6

If that’s the case Baltimore May finally get KLG and Hoda.

Chelsea Clinton was an awkward fit. She barely did a story a month and was involved in the the foundation.

• Like 2

Yeah, I know Meredith couldn’t appear during 9am hour, but Matt rarely appeared there either. I always remember 9am being Ann and Al during that period.

Katie and Matt anchored the 9 A.M. hour for the first several years until about 2004-2005 when NBC introduced the idea of several Today anchors. It then became Ann and Al with a rotation of Campbell Brown, Natalie Morales and a few others. For the most part Katie and Matt still opened the hour and hung around for Ann’s update and Al’s weather but disappeared after the first commercial break. The show used to be so strong back then.

From a source,

It would make sense to move Hoda to third hour for her to have a seamless transition. I don't care how much these network hosts complain, they are getting it much better then other people who do more for less.

They also need to consider using Sheinelle Jones as a possible replacement to KLG. Sheinelle does very well in that format and I heard that she was a hit in Philadelphia.

• Like 1