Today Show

todayshowproducer

Could that bug get any larger? Geez.

It’s interesting to see NBC affiliates get creative with the Today ticker instead of it just being a scroll.

You mean the weather isn’t like that locally? I thought that was standard NameDropper HD. Maybe WBAL’s running it through a different system.

Do other stations have some issues with the text disappearing when the ticker background disappears like around 3:55 of the video?

Am I the only person not feeling the Olympics this year?

It's America's performance, or lack thereof.

It's not that, I watch for the sports but to me it has been boring. I even thought the RIO games was boring as well.

I almost want to say it’s because it’s live Coast to Coast. Everything’s happening in real time and we now have to wait through entire events versus the carefully edited pieces and events in previous Olympics.

I almost want to say it’s because it’s live Coast to Coast. Everything’s happening in real time and we now have to wait through entire events versus the carefully edited pieces and events in previous Olympics.

I don't watch the primetime coverage. They have been awful, the last five Olympics. I think it is because the Olympics now has become so political. It always was but it is in overdrive and it just pushes you away.

There was a post on Business Insider that said that countries are not as excited bidding to host Olympics like they use to, they should just keep the Olympics at a certain location.

The fourth hour of the Today show has been broadcasting from Megyn Kelly studio with a live audience... I hope the continue that

Please make it stop please, KLG & Hoda and Megyn Kelly have got to be cancelled. NBC is not doing well this season.

I don't watch the primetime coverage. They have been awful, the last five Olympics. I think it is because the Olympics now has become so political. It always was but it is in overdrive and it just pushes you away.

There was a post on Business Insider that said that countries are not as excited bidding to host Olympics like they use to, they should just keep the Olympics at a certain location.

Olympics shouls go back to abc like before also nbc has olympics till 2032

• Like 6

Olympics shouls go back to abc like before also nbc has olympics till 2032

In addition to ABC, ESPN would handle most of the coverage. Do you want to see Mike and Jamielle hosing Primetime coverage? #BECAREFULWHATYOUWISHFOR

In addition to ABC, ESPN would handle most of the coverage. Do you want to see Mike and Jamielle hosing Primetime coverage? #BECAREFULWHATYOUWISHFOR

Except for the fact that Jemele Hill stepped down from her ESPN post to do long form writing for ESPN's sister site "The Undefeated." I doubt that she will return to the TV grind except when asked to be a guest on certain ESPN programs.

The fourth hour of the Today show has been broadcasting from Megyn Kelly studio with a live audience... I hope the continue that

It seems the plan was to only be in studio 6A for the olympics...but Kathie Lee over the last couple of days has been implying how they would like to stay in the studio since audience reception has been positive...We'll see...Most of the Today crew including Hoda is coming back tomorrow morning from S Korea.

• Like 1

Steve Greenberg posted a video to Twitter on 2/21 that showed the windows to 1A covered. It maybe nothing, however I don't foresee a full studio overhaul (if any work was done).

They're probably replacing the outdoor monitor panels with new ones, which have been in place since after the 2012 Summer Olympics.

I may be wrong, but I feel pretty confident they are getting a new set. In fact, they'd be pretty stupid for NOT getting one. Here is my reasoning...

1. Current set is about 5 years old.

2. Saturday Today, 10am hour were done from 6A.

3. NBC claims they are not using 1A for production purposes. I mean, come on. Have they EVER said that before?

4. TODAY recently got a new anchor everyone loves.

5. NBC had the Super Bowl AND the Winter Olypmics just days apart, so viewership will be very high. The last time this happend was in the late 1990's. So they'd better jump on the oppourtunity.

6. Studio 1A windows were covered.

7. Opening graphics were recently updated. In show graphics and music better come next.

8. TODAY has been #1 quite often lately.

9. It's just time to freshen things up!

10. JUST IN: Sunday Today is coming from 6A this morning. And if NBC's lie about production blah blah blah was true, they'd be using 1A because everyone flew back yesterday.

You watch tomorrow morning, I bet there is going to be SOME sort of change.