Today Show

todayshowproducer

I was speaking with my mother about the article and she told me “if NBC was so sure about Megyn they would have given her the co anchor position.” Which is interesting - they’re paying her all this money and not using her fully.

• Like 4

They gave all her that money to leave Fox News tho they aren't so sure about Megyn otherwise she would have been given the co anchor position.

I was speaking with my mother about the article and she told me “if NBC was so sure about Megyn they would have given her the co anchor position.” Which is interesting - they’re paying her all this money and not using her fully.

I understand the idea, but what makes you think she would want to be co-anchor of Today even if it was offered to her? She was previously a solo primetime host. She was wooed to NBC by the prospect of again hosting her own show, and also by the opportunity to work more normal hours. Being co-host of Today meets neither of those criteria.

• Like 1

I just saw the Megyn Kelly segement against Jane Fonda. It seems every ex Fox Newser is getting a reality check! Both Her and Megan McCain had bad press this week and it’s only Tuesday haha! You can tell they got their way more with Fox News and now the tides have turn! I believe Megyn Kelly should be reprimanded because what she did was completely uncalled for! It’s ok to air your grievances about Jane about the surgery but not to make it a personal attack on her because she didn’t want to answer your question! Some people are not going to be here for you sometimes and that’s ok! Just move on and you can either not have her come back on your show or keep your opinions to yourself! That was very “Mean Girl” of her. You have to believe NBC is like what did they do! I wanted for her to work out but this isn’t! I don’t know what else for her to do because after NBC she’ll be damage goods because Fox isn’t going to take her back and I don’t see who else would want her. She’s not worth 15/20 million dollars!

• Like 1

I just saw the Megyn Kelly segement against Jane Fonda. It seems every ex Fox Newser is getting a reality check! Both Her and Megan McCain had bad press this week and it’s only Tuesday haha! You can tell they got their way more with Fox News and now the tides have turn! I believe Megyn Kelly should be reprimanded because what she did was completely uncalled for! It’s ok to air your grievances about Jane about the surgery but not to make it a personal attack on her because she didn’t want to answer your question! Some people are not going to be here for you sometimes and that’s ok! Just move on and you can either not have her come back on your show or keep your opinions to yourself! That was very “Mean Girl” of her. You have to believe NBC is like what did they do! I wanted for her to work out but this isn’t! I don’t know what else for her to do because after NBC she’ll be damage goods because Fox isn’t going to take her back and I don’t see who else would want her. She’s not worth 15/20 million dollars!

I feel people hated Megyn without even giving her a chance. Haven’t seen this incident, but why isn’t anybody making a big deal about Norah’s and Gayle’s pushing for answers from Ann Curry which when it was clear Ann didn’t want to answer. You know why? Because that’s what journalists do. They ask tough questions even when the other person doesn’t want to answer.

• Like 1

It's clear you don't like Megyn Kelly based on a political ideology (let's not forget that she was probably the FIRST journalist to seriously hold Trump accountable, back in that infamous first GOP primary debate.) That, and you ended nearly every one of your sentences! with an exclamation! point!

It's clear you don't like Megyn Kelly based on a political ideology (let's not forget that she was probably the FIRST journalist to seriously hold Trump accountable, back in that infamous first GOP primary debate.) That, and you ended nearly every one of your sentences! with an exclamation! point!

I never said I HATED her! I really wanted her to win!! I just said that she did a not so smart thing on Monday. We can all agree that was overkill if you like her or not. She just need to grow thicker skin if she let that hurt her. People already don’t care for her because of Fox News so that means she has to just try to prove the general public wrong. It’s not fair but it’s the way it is right now.

Again I don’t hate nor care if she’s a republican! It just seem like the culture at FOX News is to attack when things don’t go their way.

**We must stop assuming that when people don’t agree with the actions of journalists/media personalities that we must hate them and want them to fail! That wasn’t my intentions at all but more of awareness.

• Like 2

I understand the idea, but what makes you think she would want to be co-anchor of Today even if it was offered to her? She was previously a solo primetime host. She was wooed to NBC by the prospect of again hosting her own show, and also by the opportunity to work more normal hours. Being co-host of Today meets neither of those criteria.

True. But who would turn down the chance to host the such a historical show with a much larger audience? Right now she’s essentially a network syndicated show competing against Live in a good portion of the country. Also her reasoning (that seemed to be repeated frequently) was for better hours and being home for her kids when they come home from school and have dinner like a family. Right now I imagine she leaves pretty early and I doubt she isn’t out the door by 6:00 AM to get there atleast two hours before the show starts and does her duties plugging it in the 8:00AM hour. Chances are her kids arent up by then. (I’m assuming the time she gets up and leaves as the regular Today hosts say their clocks are set around 3:30 and 4:00AM and in around 5AM).

• Like 1

One of the biggest problems Megyn Kelly faces is that we really don’t know who ‘the real’ Megyn Kelly is. She was a different person when she was on FNC and said/did a lot of stupid things imo (‘Santa can only be White’, etc..).

Now she is on NBC, she has attempted to clean up her image, but that’s tough to do when, for example, you’re an advocate for Women one day and attack an 80 yr. old Woman the next for no reason. This is only one incident/misstep she has made since arriving at NBC.

I think she has never fully taken the time for some self-reflection in order to better herself. Granted that may sound like nonsense, but she would have been better off not taking the job at NBC and spending some time with her family out of the spotlight.

• Like 5

One of the biggest problems Megyn Kelly faces is that we really don’t know who ‘the real’ Megyn Kelly is. She was a different person when she was on FNC and said/did a lot of stupid things imo (‘Santa can only be White’, etc..).

Now she is on NBC, she has attempted to clean up her image, but that’s tough to do when, for example, you’re an advocate for Women one day and attack an 80 yr. old Woman the next for no reason. This is only one incident/misstep she has made since arriving at NBC.

I think she has never fully taken the time for some self-reflection in order to better herself. Granted that may sound like nonsense, but she would have been better off not taking the job at NBC and spending some time with her family out of the spotlight.

I think she is gonna work the bad girl thing for a bit. The whole Jane Fonda thing generated plenty of hits, views and clicks across all the NBC platforms...and many others platforms. Some of these bonehead moves by NBC are actually kinda brilliant.

Women love to spar, and TODAY and GMA are becoming "women only" spaces just like most of social media is.

NBC and Kelly can afford to try new things, let them fight if it generates buzz and clicks. Heck let them start getting drunk at 8am if they want.

It's not like TV news media really has to worry about credibility anyway.

• Like 5

Another reason why people don't like Megyn Kelly is that she thinks she can be the next Oprah. People see through her transparency, she has no likability qualities to really be on Oprah's level.

It very interesting that Anne stayed on TODAY Show for 14 Years before she became co-anchor. She obviously was not close with Matt and Katie (But had a professional working relationship) though She and Al were Friends. It shows that back in the day NBC went to great length to keep 'America First Family' together for as long as it could depsite one of its members not having a close relationship with two fo the others. I get why stayed during the Veiria Years. at least by then, there were more people on the show who she a had good relationship with.

Also with the Environment at the show on top of that I have to ask why did she stay for so long?

You can tell by looking at the interactions among the hosts, that the show was a clique. Certain people were favored more then others and that cultura was instigated by Lauer and Couric. Lauer became the worse cause he became a control freak and only wanted certain people.

I think she is gonna work the bad girl thing for a bit. The whole Jane Fonda thing generated plenty of hits, views and clicks across all the NBC platforms...and many others platforms. Some of these bonehead moves by NBC are actually kinda brilliant.

Women love to spar, and TODAY and GMA are becoming "women only" spaces just like most of social media is.

NBC and Kelly can afford to try new things, let them fight if it generates buzz and clicks. Heck let them start getting drunk at 8am if they want.

It's not like TV news media really has to worry about credibility anyway.

Eat has a point. All publicity is indeed good publicity. The truth of the matter is that MK Today had to take the low road in terms of responding to a reaction to a certain actress. Sadly that crosses the line. For me, this would have been the point of no return by airing a local newscast at 9am a la WHDH when they were ready to preempt Jay Leno's show for it's newscast. (I know it didn't happen, but lets say it did.)

• Like 1

In case you haven't actually seen Megyn's piece:

I thought it was perfectly fine, up until about 2:10 when she brings up Vietnam. Before 2:10, it's a perfectly acceptable monologue in my opinion given what she presents. Afterward, the Vietnam tit-for-tat is unnecessary.

In case you haven't actually seen Megyn's piece:

I thought it was perfectly fine, up until about 2:10 when she brings up Vietnam. Before 2:10, it's a perfectly acceptable monologue in my opinion given what she presents. Afterward, the Vietnam tit-for-tat is unnecessary.

That was the moment. Even everyone's surely aware this is all for clicks and ratings. :|

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH=full]5436[/ATTACH] Any idea what studio Today is coming from this morning? Sheinelle has a loop of 30 rock plaza behind her, and Dave Price did weather from the same studio at a large video grid. Looks very polished for an insert studio.

Okay, this basically confirms TODAY is getting a new set. After the Olympics would be the perfect time to get one considering their current set design is about 5 years old, they are going to have a big ratings boost from BOTH the Super Bowl AND Olympics, and they have a new anchor team everybody loves. They're doing the 9 and 10am hours from Megyn Kelly's studio. Yes, I know the 9am hour is always in that studio. But the 10am isn't. NBC claims it's for simplifying things on the production side, but I think they're hiding something.

• Like 3

[ATTACH=full]5436[/ATTACH] Any idea what studio Today is coming from this morning? Sheinelle has a loop of 30 rock plaza behind her, and Dave Price did weather from the same studio at a large video grid. Looks very polished for an insert studio.

It’s their larger insert studio. Frequently Noticiero Telemundo came from there and Wake Up With Al.

Anyone notice how their graphics are just a reversed version of the old hearst chyrons.

Here are some more pictures of the Saturday Today setup and some images of the graphics that I uploaded for the folks over at TVForum who were curious.

v2aurFk.png

UCTUvgY.png

Z5ejFdy.png

(Note they revert back to the regular graphics for non Olympic stories - for some reason they do not insert the Today Show logo in the lower thirds)

WTUuiPX.png

hUFCmZn.png

RcVuJue.png

Like in Rio they edited the ticker space that the affiliates use. The affiliates did not have to change any of their settings rather the Today team changed the backdrop for the affiliate text to overlay.