Today Show

todayshowproducer

I really don’t like Savannah and believe she’s one of the weakest personalities to grace the show since Jim Hartz. She just doesn’t do a damn thing for me.

Megan would be an awesome addition to the program so I agree with what you’ve said. Her and Brian could be magical.

Also to the above poster, Today has built their most successful years off of making their anchors the stars of the show. I don’t really expect them to move away from that winning formula.

I really don’t like Savannah and believe she’s one of the weakest personalities to grace the show since Jim Hartz. She just doesn’t do a damn thing for me.

Megan would be an awesome addition to the program so I agree with what you’ve said. Her and Brian could be magical.

Also to the above poster, Today has built their most successful years off of making their anchors the stars of the show. I don’t really expect them to move away from that winning formula.

She may not do a damn thing for you, but the Savannah/Hoda duo is winning in the ratings. And that's all NBC cares about.

• Like 3

Today show should go back to basics, focus on news and human interest. Stop trying to make the hosts interesting and make them stars. There seems to be no rush to have a male co-anchor. Network morning news nowadays is cotton candy programming.

Yes!

Lets go back to the manly days of Today.

1406000021_todaydebut.thumb.jpg.d485973a6a82fb535b4d413acd1c6967.jpg

• Like 5

She may not do a damn thing for you, but the Savannah/Hoda duo is winning in the ratings. And that's all NBC cares about.

Well the show has been languished in second place since she got there up until a few weeks ago. The ratings change could be a testament to Hoda and not Savanah.

So like I said, she doesn’t do a damn thing for me. And for the last 6 years, save for the past 4 weeks, she hasn’t done anything for a majority of American morning TV viewers either.

• Like 1

Well the show has been languished in second place since she got there up until a few weeks ago. The ratings change could be a testament to Hoda and not Savanah.

So like I said, she doesn’t do a damn thing for me. And for the last 6 years, save for the past 4 weeks, she hasn’t done anything for a majority of American morning TV viewers either.

Actually, TODAY show has wone Weeks in the ratings with Matt and Savannah. And you can't say the majrotiy and when only 12.5 Million out of 323 Million American watches the morning shows combined. The problem was not Savannah. GMA has been losing viewership as well even if they have been number 1 overall in viewers but TODAY Show has been number 1 in the Age 25-54 age group for over a year which is what really matters to the Network and Advertisers! It more important

By the way, Robin Roberts doesn't do a d*m thing for me. She actually doesn't do anything for Men in general.

• Like 1

Actually, TODAY show has wone Weeks in the ratings with Matt and Savannah. And you can't say the majrotiy and when only 12.5 Million out of 323 Million American watches the morning shows combined. The problem was not Savannah. GMA has been losing viewership as well even if they have been number 1 overall in viewers but TODAY Show has been number 1 in the Age 25-54 age group for over a year which is what really matters to the Network and Advertisers! It more important

By the way, Robin Roberts doesn't do a d*m thing for me. She actually doesn't do anything for Men in general.

Going off of your usual grammatically incorrect laden post, I’m going to assume you didn’t comprehend what I said. My comment talked about the majority of morning television viewers, not the majority of Americans overall. Also, all three morning programs have been losing viewers by the millions.

Really not sure that a personal attack on Robin Roberts was called for. Although it’s quite funny because she isn’t supposed to do anything for men. The morning programs are targeted towards middle aged mothers, not men. This wasn’t even a comparison between Robin and Savannah, it was a statement that Savannah is one of the weakest anchors the Today Show has ever had - in my opinion. Ratings success could easily be because of Hoda and not Savannah.

• Like 2

God, morning television has become so terrible.

I could only stomach so much of Today before having to turn it off but I was surprised to not see a package of some sorts chronicling Hoda’s career and time on the show as she transitions into the co-host role. Those type of pieces seem to be a standard on the show as they’ve done one for Matt, Meredith, Ann, and then Savannah when they became anchors on the show.

• Like 4

Makes sense considering the ratings over the last few weeks. Interested to see how the show develops over the new year.

I expected NBC to go outside of the network for a big star similar to how they poached Meredith from The View.

In this environment, they would never have done that. They were always going to stay within NBC even if Matt left on his own terms

I like Hoda, but believe that craig melvin or Willie Geist would've been a better choice.

Truth be told I rather have had Willie but I think they wanted to play it safe. What they might do now I am expecting is groom Willie as Hoda replacement. She will probably only be there 3-5 years IMO.