Today Show

todayshowproducer

NBC News hires outside firm for mandatory anti-harassment training

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...rassment-training-n827901?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

They are also starting to Interview Staff and Employees. I am guessing the On-air Host/Anchors are also being Interviewed as well and maybe some Former Executives, Staff Members, and Hosts/Anchors and some Former Employees even?

[quote="mre29, post: 196950, member: 139"

Just out of curiosity, why do you keep capitalizing words that don't need to be capitalized?

Sorry, I don't know It's a bad habit. I did that since I was in school

Some places teach you to capitalize some peoples titles.

What the hell?!?

I’m thinking (and hoping) he’s mistaking David Bloom with David Gregory. Especially since there was an article out earlier this week that Matt was behind Gregory, Elliott and a few others being pushed out from NBC as to protect his spot on the Today Show.

• Like 3

David Gregory. He was at one point in time the heir apparent to Matt Lauer it seemed like. I would sure hope not David Bloom tho if he had lived I think he would have had a very successful career ahead of him. I wonder who's going to be around for the 70th Anniversary show. Matt Lauer I doubt will be invited, who knows what will happen with Bryant Gumbel. Tom Brokaw has cancer and will be 81, Jim Hartz will be 81, Barbara Walters will be 91 and Hugh Downs will be 100!

I also wonder why Chuck Todd never filled in on the Today Show. He seems like he could do well in that format. I guess that's the reason why.

i know people who work with chuck... pretty sure the last thing he wants to do is host "today"...

how about jimmy fallon? or seth myers? maybe they could get lorne michaels to find someone... hey, jay leno isn't doing anything either... maybe they can win back conan, or andy, i mean they already

... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Like 1

David Gregory. He was at one point in tie the heir apparent to Matt Lauer it seemed like. I would sure hope not David Bloom tho if he had lived I think he would have had a very successful career ahead of him. I wonder who's going to be around for the 70th Anniversary show. Matt Lauer I doubt will be invited, who knows what will happen with Bryant Gumbel. Tom Brokaw has cancer and will be 81, Jim Hartz will be 81, Barbara Walters will be 91 and Hugh Downs will be 100!

I was actually thinking about the last part of your post today. It's a real shame when you think about it. The guy who hosted the show for 20 years and is arguably the most popular host the show has ever had (Some might argue Katie is) and is the most successful Co-Anchor of all time of the Program taking it to new ratings height during which tenure the show spent 15 years of dominance at Number 1 for 852 weeks during which period the show was at it most successful ever and got it greatest ratings ever, may not be invited to the 70th Anniversary becuse hi legacy is now poibly somewhat tanrhsied becuse he was Fired (He dd not elave on hi own will in the graceful way Katie Couric did like everyone thought he would!) over Sexual harasment/Assult allegaitons. It is really something to think about it.

Matt may be there but I have a hard time imagining him being there. But who knows

It hard to say whether or not Frank, Barbara, and Jim will be there given their ages right now (Late 80s-late 90s), I think it will all depend on their health then. I think Frank probably won't be there if he is still living.

I think Tom Brokaw will be there. Last I head he was cancer free I think Jane, Bryant, Deborah, Katie, and Meredith will also all be there.

The person I wonder about is Ann Curry. Will he be there? For 9 Years Katie, Matt, Al, and Ann were America's First Family and dominated the ratings. in 2022 two of them may not be at the 70th Anniversary show

I hear you. Who would have thought the person who hosted the Today Show for the longest period of time might not be at the 70th anniversary show because they aren't invited? That's likely to be the case unless a major backlash to the #metoo movement happens which I sure hope isn't the case nor do I think it will be the case. I do think Katie was more popular. Katie will be there presuming she is alive which I surely hope and think she will be. I think it will be mentioned how Matt was the co-host for over 20 years and how he was fired. Frank died in 1974 at the age of 52 so he most certainly won't be there. Barbara will be 92 and a few years ago had heart surgery so i'm not sure if she's still alive then if she will be well enough to attend tho I sure hope that she is. Jim will be 81 which isn't terribly old tho not terribly young either tho I hope and expect he will be there. Tom will also be 81 and hopefully alive and well. Bryant will be 73 and he also had cancer a few years back tho I believe he's been cancer free for a number of years. Hugh Downs will be 100 and my understanding has been in good health expect for a knee operation many years ago so i'm not sure if he will be there tho I hope he is. Jane will be 71 and I hope and expect that she will be there. Deborah will be 63 and I hope and expect she will be there despite her rocky tenure at the Today Show. Meredith will be 68 and I surely hope and expect she will be there. Ann will be 64 and I think despite the issues she's at with the Today Show she will be there since Matt won't likely be there and let's not forget that Ann was on the Today show for 15 years much longer then her brief stint as co-host. Al will be 67 and let's not forget that he had some serious health issues over the years tho he seems to be doing okay nowadays. John Palmer passed away in 2013 at the age of 77. Willard Scott will be 87 and he's also had some serious health issues over the years I believe. Gene Shalit will be 95 and i'm not sure about his health. Chris Wallace will be 74. Margaret Larson will be 63. Faith Daniels will be 64. Savannah Guthrie will be 50. Hoda Kotb will be 57. Kathie Lee Gifford will be 68. Megan Kelly will be 52. Natalie Morales will be 49. I don't know how old Bob Ryan will be tho he must be on the older side. Estelle Parsons will be 94. Lee Meriwether will be 86. The rest of the Today Girls I believe are deceased.

I was actually thinking about the last part of your post today. It's a real shame when you think about it. The guy who hosted the show for 20 years and is arguably the most popular host the show has ever had (Some might argue Katie is) and is the most successful Co-Anchor of all time of the Program taking it to new ratings height during which tenure the show spent 15 years of dominance at Number 1 for 852 weeks during which period the show was at it most successful ever and got it greatest ratings ever, may not be invited to the 70th Anniversary becuse hi legacy is now poibly somewhat tanrhsied becuse he was Fired (He dd not elave on hi own will in the graceful way Katie Couric did like everyone thought he would!) over Sexual harasment/Assult allegaitons. It is really something to think about it.

Matt may be there but I have a hard time imagining him being there. But who knows

It hard to say whether or not Frank, Barbara, and Jim will be there given their ages right now (Late 80s-late 90s), I think it will all depend on their health then. I think Frank probably won't be there if he is still living.

I think Tom Brokaw will be there. Last I head he was cancer free I think Jane, Bryant, Deborah, Katie, and Meredith will also all be there.

The person I wonder about is Ann Curry. Will he be there? For 9 Years Katie, Matt, Al, and Ann were America's First Family and dominated the ratings. in 2022 two of them may not be at the 70th Anniversary show

• Like 1

I don't mind Hoda becoming the co-anchor. She will make the morning show less pretentious and plus guys like Craig Melvin and Willie Geist are not proven yet to handle the pressure. My preferred choice would be Lester Holt but that is impossible and he seems to like being on evening news. Evening news has better stability and more freedom for him to do what he wants. Whereas on Today show there are more limitations cause it is multi-cast.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
I’ve been wondering how they would do that when Matt Lauer has been apart of almost every major news story featured on the show before his termination.

I found it: https://www.today.com/video/look-back-at-the-biggest-news-stories-of-2017-on-today-1123080771583

It aired on Saturday and No clips or voiceovers of Matt. Willie, Lester, and Craig are heard a lot

• Like 4

I found it: https://www.today.com/video/look-back-at-the-biggest-news-stories-of-2017-on-today-1123080771583

It aired on Saturday and No clips or voiceovers of Matt. Willie, Lester, and Craig are heard a lot

So I guess the Megyn Kelly year in review will have a 00:16 trt ?

trt=Total Running Time

• Like 2

Yes. Hopefully your TRT is MM:SS and that’s 16 seconds too much. Unless it’s clips of foot in mouth segments like when she said to guy on Will and Grace that you became a lawyer and became gay or harassing Jane Fonda about plastic surgery.

• Like 1

The TODAY Show has become a Fake Morning News Network bad bad ratings. Get rid of Megyn and Carson. Good Morning America is winning the ratings war.

This is an utter lie. They're winning the demo and overall viewers since Matt left.

That's their top news stories review but the Today Show moments year in review featuring the hosts smiling faces, bloopers, funny moments will almost undoubtedly not air this year. Editing Lauer out when he was present over 90% of the year would be tricky, but also very awkward.

• Like 4

NBC is definitely going to get rid of Lauer's memory and mark in the years to come. I think the Today show is going to focus more on it's array of on air talent then trying to make anchors into stars. Right now the news is star and not the anchors. To me, Today show should go back to basics, focus on news and human interest. Stop trying to make the hosts interesting and make them stars. There seems to be no rush to have a male co-anchor. Network morning news nowadays is cotton candy programming.

• Like 1

As previously discussed I know that it would be foolish/ impossible to pull Savannah but I wouldn’t hate a Megyn- Hoda partnership. When she was just new to the network she guest hosted the 11am hour when Kathie was out and I really liked the chemistry between Kelly and Hoda. I know it’s an unpopular opinion but Savannah really doesn’t do anything for me. My second dream anchoring duo would be Megyn Kelly and Brian Williams. I feel as if their wits are perfect for each other. Most likely the most improbable thing ever but I would love to see it. I also mentioned a while back it would be cool to see Williams on Morning Joe, hell might even give me a reason to wake up earlier.