Today Show

todayshowproducer

WUSA airs their own ticker during CBS TM, but it looks like WTVR uses the standard one. Do CBS affiliates have the option to override the main one?

Yes. Don't know if KCNC still does it, but theirs looked like this in 2012:

77396603_Capture_2017-09-26-23-20-47.png.273125ed1c248d4a3cdbe880c8c2de64.png

I've also seen WKMG override the ticker with their own as well.

• Like 1

Looks like that Will & Grace interview was awkward to at least one of the cast members: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/debra-messing-regrets-megyn-kelly-today-appearance-1202574006/

Meanwhile back in the penthouse executive dining room at NBC's 30 Rock...We hear a collective......

"Oh Fu#k...what just happened?"

Not a good sign when a "company friendly" guest goes "off reservation" like that.

This won't be pretty.

• Like 2

Incomming Rant...

Can NBC please stop forcing/tricking guests who clearly don't like nor want to be with Megyn Kelly on her show? If I were MK, I would rather have no celebrity guests that day or maybe interview a politician or newsmaker or fellow journalist about current events instead. There's too much celebrity stuff and it's clearly not in her wheel house and now it's causing PR issues.

I defended the Debra Messing thing on Monday cause it was only a joke, but I can't defend the Jane Fonda debacle today. The producers and/or MK clearly did not vet the Q's cause Jane seemed like she only wanted to talk about her movie.

After this week, what Hollywood agent is going to put their clients on MK? It's better to have no guest or guests that actually don't mind being there instead of guests who look forced to be.

NBC needs to tone down the celebrity gaga that MK is clearly not comfortable with and have on more news making and yes, political guests. How is it that "The View" can do this but not the woman who made a name for herself interviewing politicians and newsmakers. Politicians are used to interrogating like questions, not celebrity's who will bash you later on Twitter.

I really do see potential in the show but not if they can't utilize MK's strengths.

End Rant.

• Like 6

Incomming Rant...(pretty valid rant)

End Rant.

The problem here is she is trying to present a hard news approach and still be "upticking" and upbeat.

It's just not working.

As far as the guest "problem" that's a matter for whoever is supervising the guest bookings. If I was an NBC exec I would be royally pissed at Messing for screwing the company objective....but MK gets the blame for the stupid questions...and the bookers/ producers get to take the hit also.

This show is completely doomed and needs to be destroyed by the end of the week.

MK will be fine no matter what...she still gets paid.

• Like 3

And even with that, I'll bet NBC will still give MKT at least 1 full season, plus bringing back Sunday Night in the spring! They paid a lot for her, so they'd be getting their money's worth!

• Like 1

And even with that, I'll bet NBC will still give MKT at least 1 full season, plus bringing back Sunday Night in the spring! They paid a lot for her, so they'd be getting their money's worth!

....But the set is soooooo pretty!

• Like 1

I guess NBC never learned from the "Faye" and "The Montefusco's" debacle...

The show has been sabotaged ...plain and simple.

NBC has created the asylum that the lunatics have now taken over.

Here's my Today Show people they should get rid of:

•Megyn Kelly (worst ratings)

•Matt Lauer (leaving soon)

•Carson Daly (say goodbye to Orange Room)

•Al Roker (no reason)

Thanks to Megyn Kelly's arrival on NBC, she has caused Today the worst ratings EVER.

• Like 1

•Al Roker (no reason)

Thanks to Megyn Kelly's arrival on NBC, she has caused Today the worst ratings EVER.

Even if Kelly is really promoting a clean slate, and her show was absolutely perfect, too many people remember her past and they won't bite for the new Kelly. The question now is, if NBC does abandon ship on MKT, when will it happen? I still say they'll throw in the towel in May (but not before more cringe-inducing moments and a retooled Sunday Night show after the Olympics) to get their moneys worth, but I'll be surprised if they give up at the end of the calander year.

I'm still waiting for SNL to offer up a spoof on MKT (though in this era of SNL, it's not likely)

Let me just say that the way Megyn Kelly's show was Today should be how it always is... Opening with a panel discussion of the day's biggest issues whether it is politics or terrorism, etc. It seemed right in her wheel house... She seemed more comfortable, with less arm waving and less awkwardness.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I caught this gem on the Today Show this morning.

[MEDIA=twitter]919161076729643009[/MEDIA]

Not quite up there of President Trump speaking with the President of the Virgin Islands of gaffes but still a big one.

•Al Roker (no reason)

I agree but I think NBC might be grooming Megyn to take Matt's job.

To me Today show has been losing momentum the past 8 years but this the worse crew on Today show now. Al Roker needs to retire, talk about a played out character. Matt Lauer needs to go he is like a rotted fish.

• Like 1

I agree but I think NBC might be grooming Megyn to take Matt's job.

To me Today show has been losing momentum the past 8 years but this the worse crew on Today show now. Al Roker needs to retire, talk about a played out character. Matt Lauer needs to go he is like a rotted fish.

I've been thinking and saying this a while now. Both Matt and Al were there 20+ years and its time to slowly phase them out. They've were good bit now you can see both are not as passionate as they once were.

• Like 2

I've been thinking and saying this a while now. Both Matt and Al were there 20+ years and its time to slowly phase them out. They've were good bit now you can see both are not as passionate as they once were.

They need to get Matt Lauer out of there. He is shrinking down Today show and NBC News. The more they keep him there, the likely that NBC will go down to third place. Today's show shrinking ratings is affecting all NBC news show. Al Roker is old news, he is not a meterologist he is nothing but a senile glorified clown. I go through days where I say to myself get this old clown off my television. I was very impressed with Dylan's coverage during Hurricane Harvey with Lester. I am okay with her being a permanent weather woman.

The should phase Lauer out after the Olympics, they can rotate male anchors. It won't make much a difference cause Lauer is so unpopular.

• 2 weeks later...
Why is it that matt always likes to dress like female every Halloween?

Maybe he is embracing his inner self. Maybe we'll see a Bruce-Kaitlyn like transformation. Good-bye Matt, hello Matilda?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

NBC News hires outside firm for mandatory anti-harassment training

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...rassment-training-n827901?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

They are also starting to Interview Staff and Employees. I am guessing the On-air Host/Anchors are also being Interviewed as well and maybe some Former Executives, Staff Members, and Hosts/Anchors and some Former Employees even?

NBC News hires outside firm for mandatory anti-harassment training

This is good.

They are also starting to Interview Staff and Employees. I am guessing the On-air Host/Anchors are also being Interviewed as well and maybe some Former Executives, Staff Members, and Hosts/Anchors and some Former Employees even?

Just out of curiosity, why do you keep capitalizing words that don't need to be capitalized?