Today Show

todayshowproducer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Quoting Megyn Kelly's interview with WNYT, NBC in Albany : "This new show will have a lighter tone, but she says it won't be fluffy by any means". :rolleyes:

?

No fluffy???

Why no fluffy?

Sometimes fluffy is the best part of women.

No Fluffy is like Rachel Maddow Anti-Fluff.

Fluffless....or a negative kerfluffel.

How about you give us a 'lil fluff...just a little.

• Like 3

Quoting Megyn Kelly: "This new show will have a lighter tone, but she says it won't be fluffy by any means". :rolleyes:

Yeah, I could see something like that as a show. It has happened before.

Any updates or speculation on what studio will be used?

I think--more than likely (like 90% sure), that 6A will be its home. Hasn't been in use since the cancellation of

The Meredith Viera Show in May (and Maya and Marty in July) of last year.

Although, they could also use 3B, 8G and 8H, but that's highly UNlikely.

• Like 1

Guys I speculate there might be more to the Megyn Kelly deal then just the talk show. I specualte that in reality NBC is probably behind her because they want to groom her for the Today show. Their main objective is getting Matt Lauer out of the NBC. He costs too much money, ratings decline and he is unpopular. Lauer has ruined people's careers who who were being groomed to replace him. NBC is behind Megyn cause they have a long term plan, she has a bit of name and she is a female. Whereas the rest of the other hosts being groomed in the past were male. Lauer can't play politics with her like he did with the previous hosts.

• Like 1

So you think the today show in a few years might be co-hosted by Savanah and Megan?

Guys I speculate there might be more to the Megyn Kelly deal then just the talk show. I specualte that in reality NBC is probably behind her because they want to groom her for the Today show. Their main objective is getting Matt Lauer out of the NBC. He costs too much money, ratings decline and he is unpopular. Lauer has ruined people's careers who who were being groomed to replace him. NBC is behind Megyn cause they have a long term plan, she has a bit of name and she is a female. Whereas the rest of the other hosts being groomed in the past were male. Lauer can't play politics with her like he did with the previous hosts.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of other Today Show notes... Today seems to have done away with a local news break at 9:26. I'm guessing this is being done in prep. for Megyn Kelly's show which I guess won't have a break for local news and weather in the middle of the show.

Also, KLG and Hoda have a new opening intro.

With school being canceled all week for the hurricane, I have immersed myself with some of TV's morning offerings. Very impressed with Today's Take (granted this is the only episode i've seen in full), the chemistry between everyone feels very real. What will happen to Jones, Roker, and Dreyer? The later two I imagine will expand their weather roles with Today, but I have not seen Sheinelle on MSNBC lately. Being a personality/host is kinda a secondary role of all them.