Today Show

todayshowproducer

I noticed that too!... She first came on this morning at 7:30 and read some headlines with Matt and Savannah almost like she was one of the main anchors...I feel like they are leaning that way, which is a good thing since people seem to really like Hoda.

Having Hoda there makes it easier for the head honchos to push Savannah out. Quite honestly, I wouldn't mind having Hoda alongside Matt. Nothing against Savannah, though.

Having Hoda there makes it easier for the head honchos to push Savannah out. Quite honestly, I wouldn't mind having Hoda alongside Matt. Nothing against Savannah, though.

They are not pushing Savannah out. She signed a four years contract in December, They would not have renewed it if they were planning to push her out.

They are not pushing Savannah out. She signed a four years contract in December, They would not have renewed it if they were planning to push her out.

Did I say they were going to push her out? No. I said, it makes it easier to push her out. And if you've been around this forum for a while, you will know that signing a long-term contract means jack-squat. They can and have pushed out tv personalities with many years left on their contract...

• Like 1

I hope not. I would much rather watch Savannah than Hoda. NBC does NOT need another Ann Curry scandal. By the way, Megyn Kelly starts appearing on NBC programs next month. I wonder if she'll fill in for Savannah for at all...remember the rumors that she was going to take her job?

Savannah was a member of the panel this morning on MTP. Would they consider moving her over there permanently and slide Hoda into the main chair?

If they were going to do that I'd guess that they would just add her to the panel or as as co moderator while still doing Today like George Stephanopoulos. They could give her Fridays off an have Hoda fill in.

I don't think Today and NBC is willing to screw up a format that has been working and has increased their numbers. With CBS This Morning closing in it would be dangerous to make radical changes just yet.

That being said Chuck and Savannah aka Chuvannah had great chemistry together when they did The Daily Rundown on MSNBC.

• Like 2

Not sure where to put this but here's an interview with NBC news president Noah Oppenheim about the role of Megyn Kelly and the departure of Tamron Hall:

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/noah-oppenheim-addresses-the-departure-of-tamron-hall-from-nbc-news/327848

From the sounds of it Megyn won't be a regular of the 7-9 am hour of Today but will appear on all NBC news broadcasts occasionally and present pieces on different broadcasts if she gets a big interview.

• Like 1

Sucks, Megyn Kelly is destined to fail. She cannot compete with Live w/ Kelly. Her FOX viewers aren't going to watch, and NBC viewers will be turned away.

But Rippa is getting old...the sisters are going south...some of that old lady attitude is starting to creep in. I bet something don't even smell like strawberry's anymore.

Let's see what Megyn has to offer up?

You never know she may show up in a cat suit and get the furry crowd all riled up. Or she could wear a nice school girl get-up...or maybe some daisy dukes with her lil butt-cheeks sticking all out?

You just don't know....do ya?

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know who composed the Sunday Today with Willie Geist theme? I really, really like it. And does anybody have a link to the TODAY Show Creative Services page? They've been running some really good promos lately and I would like to watch them online.

Sucks, Megyn Kelly is destined to fail. She cannot compete with Live w/ Kelly. Her FOX viewers aren't going to watch, and NBC viewers will be turned away.

I think Andrew Lack and Megyn Kelly are in over their heads. Megyn Kelly's rise to fame is nothing but a mainstream media creation cause she was Trump's favorite punching bag and worked for Fox News. It was conservative vs conservative talk show host and the media ate it up and played the sexism card and she reaped the benefit from it. I think her star power is overestimated.

Her show will benefit from a good consistent time slot following Today show but at part of me specualtes that was she signed on to get a big job. She may get Matt or Savannah's job. If NBC fails with her it will be the worse experiment since Katie Couric. Knowing how big an ego Andrew Lack has, he will do whatever he can to show justify her high paycheck. Megyn Kelly is over her head if she thinks she be can be like Oprah. She does not have the natural likability factor and Oprah is in her own legaue.

What audience can Megyn Kelly hold onto, besides the conservative over 65 year old base.

The only person at NBC who has Oprah like presence and appeal is Lester Holt. He is very likable, credible.

What audience can Megyn Kelly hold onto, besides the conservative over 65 year old base.

The only person at NBC who has Oprah like presence and appeal is Lester Holt. He is very likable, credible.

Who ever compared Megyn Kelly to Oprah?

Let's say Kelly flops at NBC ...and FNC takes a hit when they are forced to hire a bunch of fugly frumps...

Kelly will just return to FNC cuz "everybody loves a comeback!"...and that creepy Raj is dead so "The Amazons" can run the FOX haus.

Hell I bet the repubs can get Megyn all groomed and ready to run for prez by 2024.

Who ever compared Megyn Kelly to Oprah?

Let's say Kelly flops at NBC ...and FNC takes a hit when they are forced to hire a bunch of fugly frumps...

Kelly will just return to FNC cuz "everybody loves a comeback!"...and that creepy Raj is dead so "The Amazons" can run the FOX haus.

Hell I bet the repubs can get Megyn all groomed and ready to run for prez by 2024.

Megyn Kelly thinks she can be the next Oprah, she said that was who she looked up to and who she aspires to be.

Andrew Lack is going to do whatever he can to keep her cause she is a huge gamble. How many Sunday magazine do well when competing against 60 Minutes. They are in over their head with their big egos. Lack has a big ego. At best, he probably promised her a job on Today show or Meet The Press. He will probably phase out Lauer in the next couple of years.

• Like 3

Megyn Kelly thinks she can be the next Oprah, she said that was who she looked up to and who she aspires to be.

Andrew Lack is going to do whatever he can to keep her cause she is a huge gamble. How many Sunday magazine do well when competing against 60 Minutes. They are in over their head with their big egos. Lack has a big ego. At best, he probably promised her a job on Today show or Meet The Press. He will probably phase out Lauer in the next couple of years.

They paid a lot of money for her so expect them to try her everywhere...and everyplace...until they exhaust her or the viewers.

She really compared herself to Oprah????

For real???

That's just plain dopey of her.

• Like 2