Today Show

todayshowproducer

NBC will still air Sunday Night Football this fall, right? I'm guessing her newsmagazine will be premiering before/after football season [...]

I'm not sure, but it would make sense for her show to start in the Winter.

It certainly would be foolish of them to cut even 15 minutes of Football Night in America for her.

...Maybe 30. That show drags on like nobody's business.

To be honest I tihnk the Third Hour had become kind of irrelevant since Natalie and Willie left. I have not watch that hour since July.

What I don't get is why they brought Billy Bush on if they were planning to get rid of that hour anyway?

Yup it was just a filler hour of the same thing.

• Like 2

To be honest I tihnk the Third Hour had become kind of irrelevant since Natalie and Willie left. I have not watch that hour since July.

What I don't get is why they brought Billy Bush on if they were planning to get rid of that hour anyway?

Let's visit a world where Trump doesn't win the presidency or even the primaries. If he doesn't make it to October, the AH video never surfaces and Billy likely remains employed. If he loses in November, Kelly is vindicated and remains a star at Fox. Same scenario if her debate questioning destroys his campaign. So really, this wasn't the plan at all. Today was going to remain status quo, until the sun came up on November 9th.

The President of the United States inadvertently changed the (short-term trajectory) of America's first morning show. Think about that.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A new report from the Post says what those who made the assumption (me included) may be correct: NBC is axing Today's Take (and not Days of Our Lives) for Megyn Kelly's new show.

And the timeslot is still unknown, but may be 10am, pushing Kathie Lee and Hoda to 9am.

http://pagesix.com/2017/01/27/huge-shakeup-at-today-to-make-way-for-megyn-kelly/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

To add to this NBC renewed Days of our Lives for a 52nd season:

http://tvline.com/2017/02/21/days-of-our-lives-renewed-52-season-nbc/

Savannah Returns on March 3rd

and jeez kathy lee and hoda getting drunk earlier?

FYI, that article nor any other one I read has anything about a time switch for KLH. It could be staying at 10am, with Megyn's show at 9am.

Savannah Returns on March 3rd

and jeez kathy lee and hoda getting drunk earlier?

Since January 1, they've been drinking "earlier" in Massachusetts. This is because the NBC affiliation in Boston moved from WHDH (which tape delayed the 3rd and 4th hours) to a new O&O (WBTS, which airs the 3rd and 4th hours at its normal 9 AM and 10 AM timeslots).

Got a push alert and Savannah Guthrie is now returning Monday instead of Friday. Wonder if this has to do with them getting beat in ratings and are pulling out all the stops?

Well the kids on the reef tell me those push alerts are a big deal.

It's all about "Mommy Dollars"..."mommy attitude" and "social media mommy".

Holy sardines it gets annoying.

I agree on the ratings thing, I would also add that there may be the Megan factor creeping into her head and she is worried.

The hens need to nest...lay out straw...drink some wine...and get ready for Ms. Megan.

Ya think they all may be walking on eggshells???

(cluck, cluck, crack)

• Like 2

Well they discussed it on Sunday Today this morning and made it seem that she was coming back earlier because they're having a pretty intense week with the GWB interview tomorrow and the president's address to the nation and congress this week which Today will broadcast live from Washington, DC.

Well they discussed it on Sunday Today this morning and made it seem that she was coming back earlier because they're having a pretty intense week with the GWB interview tomorrow and the president's address to the nation and congress this week which Today will broadcast live from Washington, DC.

Oh and what do you want to bet the old celebs "go off" tonight and get all stupid and drunk...and the there will be the tweets...

OH GOD THE TWEETS!!!~!

Order some pizza for the newsroom cuz it's gonna be a looooong night.

Well the kids on the reef tell me those push alerts are a big deal.

It's all about "Mommy Dollars"..."mommy attitude" and "social media mommy".

Holy sardines it gets annoying.

I agree on the ratings thing, I would also add that there may be the Megan factor creeping into her head and she is worried.

The hens need to nest...lay out straw...drink some wine...and get ready for Ms. Megan.

Ya think they all may be walking on eggshells???

(cluck, cluck, crack)

I also believe this has to have been planned all along and they wanted to drum up publicity against GMA's post Oscars special.

• 1 month later...
Well Al Roker is running around the country again, at that rate why not bring back the where in the world is.... segements

I'm guessing Matt doesn't want to do that anymore - he's approaching 60 and traveling the world in a week is a bit much. Whereas Al's travels are largely domestic and not that much distance/off the beaten path.

Also, is Indra Peterson now a permanent member of the NBC family? Her twitter bio says "@NBCNews meteorologist on @todayshow". Since Dylan has been back she's stuck to the weekday show. Maybe they're easing her back or now that's her beat with Indra on weekends.

I would say it would be nice is MSNBC had a meteorologist on after 9 or 10 AM.

Man that's cruel. Like, I read the entire thing and saw what he was getting at towards the end, but evidently it never clicked in my head. April Fools jokes on March 31st should be illegal.

No kidding!!! It's just bad taste! I'm not talking about this site, I'm talking about other places online today.