Today Show

todayshowproducer

It has been an absolute pleasure watching Hoda fill in while Savannah is on maternity leave. Perhaps Savannah should stay home with her kids and Hoda slide right in on a permanent basis. While I know that is unrealistic, it would make the show watchable again. Matt and Savannah's bias is nauseating, at least Hoda brings a journalistic balance.

Perhaps all the new NBC Mommy's and Granmommy's could convince NBC to build a child care area on The Today Show set.

"Awwwww....cute baby bumper shots" sez Hoda

"I'll drink to that" sez Kathy Lee

(to be continued...)

It has been an absolute pleasure watching Hoda fill in while Savannah is on maternity leave. Perhaps Savannah should stay home with her kids and Hoda slide right in on a permanent basis. While I know that is unrealistic, it would make the show watchable again. Matt and Savannah's bias is nauseating, at least Hoda brings a journalistic balance.

Matt and Savannah are bland but Savannah is the lesser of two evils, if one had to make a choice. Savannah is not out there messing and backstabbing people. Savannah only needs a strong male anchor to make the partnership work. The Today show would be fine without Matt if they only got a likeable host like a Lester Holt or Carl Quintanilla type. They missed their chances too many times and petty politics at NBC. Matt would not have gotten anywhere if he did not ride on the female anchors who were more likable them him.

Perhaps all the new NBC Mommy's and Granmommy's could convince NBC to build a child care area on The Today Show set.

"Awwwww....cute baby bumper shots" sez Hoda

"I'll drink to that" sez Kathy Lee

(to be continued...)

From the way it is going, they will have a day care center.

I love Savannah but these numbers would make me worried if I were her. Today wins week of December twelfth outright.

http://press.nbcnews.com/2016/12/20/today-wins-7th-week-in-total-viewers-demo/

How so? NBC had used her extensively this year, especially during the election. She has more of a future in Today than any of their current talent.

Katie Couric will fill in as co-anchor of TODAY during the week of January 2. The last time Couric hosted a morning show was for a week in April 2012, filling in for Robin Roberts on Good Morning America.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-katie-couric-today-20161221-story.html

• Like 5

Katie Couric will fill in as co-anchor of TODAY during the week of January 2. The last time Couric hosted a morning show was for a week in April 2012, filling in for Robin Roberts on Good Morning America.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-katie-couric-today-20161221-story.html

Just seen that. Can't wait! Just in time for Matt 20th Anniversary

During the last week before her maturity leave, they won across the board, so she is not in danger. Hoda does a great job, though.

The PR link I mentioned said they won outright for the week of December 12. Savannah was already on leave - she had her baby on December 9.

How so? NBC had used her extensively this year, especially during the election. She has more of a future in Today than any of their current talent.

I'm just worried that they might see significant and consistent gains while she's gone. Thinking if Hoda is filling in those weeks they win outright they may not want to mess with it. But I imagine this may be a reason why she renegotiated her contract before going on leave.

She literally is made for this role, she and Matt picked right back up where they'd left off in 2006.

Totally agree! The banter and jokes were still there all week between Katie and Matt. I don't think there's any doubt that their pairing from 1997, when Matt started as co-anchor, to 2006, when Katie left, was one of the longest and most successful pairings Today has had.

Last week with Katie was exceptional, her and Matt just have that natural chemistry between the two of them. So far with Meredith, it's just not there. She wasn't a natural like Katie is and it's almost like she really doesn't want to be there. I understand that Matt and Meredith's chemistry with one another was always different than what he had with Katie but I don't remember it being this bad. All morning it's Matt making jokes and Meredith just sort of laughs and continues reading the prompter. Monday, she was so agitated by standing outside of Studio 1A in the cold and was making it very apparent. Ehh.

Last week with Katie was exceptional, her and Matt just have that natural chemistry between the two of them. So far with Meredith, it's just not there. She wasn't a natural like Katie is and it's almost like she really doesn't want to be there. I understand that Matt and Meredith's chemistry with one another was always different than what he had with Katie but I don't remember it being this bad. All morning it's Matt making jokes and Meredith just sort of laughs and continues reading the prompter. Monday, she was so agitated by standing outside of Studio 1A in the cold and was making it very apparent. Ehh.

Meredith Vieria has outgrew kiddie morning television, I can't blame her. The witless banter and stupid off color jokes gets tiring over time. Meredith tolerates Matt but Katie knows how to keep her distance from Matt to do what she has to do. When she was at the Today show, Katie always knew how to be her own person. Whereas with other co-anchors they have to play a second fiddle to Matt .

Meredith should go and do a trial at CBS This Morning, it is a better show and better platform if you want substance.

• Like 3

Matt was probably still high being with Katie all last week.

Meredith Vieria has outgrew kiddie morning television, I can't blame her. The witless banter and stupid off color jokes gets tiring over time. Meredith tolerates Matt but Katie knows how to keep her distance from Matt to do what she has to do. When she was at the Today show, Katie always knew how to be her own person. Whereas with other co-anchors they have to play a second fiddle to Matt .

Meredith should go and do a trial at CBS This Morning, it is a better show and better platform if you want substance.

You guys have to remember that the morning show grind takes its toll on people and Meredith was one of them. Plus, I think that when she was offered to succeed Katie, it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that she could not pass up at that time. Now that Meredith has done it, I doubt it's something she would want to return to full time. Also, I bet they were going to have Meredith return for Matt's anniversary (which she didn't), and Today's 65th anniversary, so why not have her on for a full week?

• Like 2

Part of me get annoyed with Today because they act like Ann wasn't even apart of the show. She was there for 15 years I believe. That's why I can give two explicit about the show now. Its need a rejuvenation along with GMA (Get rid of Michael).

• Like 2