Today Show

todayshowproducer

Multiple news sources are saying that their sources are saying there's no discussion of punishment for such an old offense. That being said some articles say this has pissed off a lot of staffers who may not want to work with a misogynist in addition and that this could cause tensions between him and Tamron to rise.

Multiple news sources are saying that their sources are saying there's no discussion of punishment for such an old offense. That being said some articles say this has pissed off a lot of staffers who may not want to work with a misogynist in addition and that this could cause tensions between him and Tamron to rise.

Tamron isn't one to hold back her distain for/of someone. When she worked in Chicago (WFLD) with Mike Barz (reportedly, a bit of a misogynist too), the tension between those two was very high. Like I said before, hopefully Billy offers up a sincere/genuine apology tomorrow otherwise, I can't imagine him lastly very long on Today.

I'm not defending Bush (there are definitely grounds for dismissal/suspension), but last time I checked, there's no rule saying you shouldn't/can't be hired or fired for being a douche.

Lord knows many have made a lot of money being one.

Have I engaged in locker room talk? Yes, we all have. I've never done it while on the job where it could come back and haunt me or my employer professionally. So while I acknowledge the efforts to deemphasize this situation by saying we've all done, it's just not the same thing.

NBC would be real smart to make sure Billy leaves real happy...

Try explaining to a Judge or Jury why NBC sat on evidence of wrong doing for 11 years???

Worse is the FACT that NBC had the offending tape in their possession the entire time and never acted on it.

A lawyers wet dream.

It figures a lil' Bush would decide this election.

does that mean willie is coming back to that hour or is sunday his day

My money is on Carson Daly. He was awfully sheepish this morning.

And plenty of TODAY legacy allies in that organization who didn't care much for Billy to begin with happy to leak once they caught wind of what Access had found. Wonder if Natalie brought a producer from TODAY with her.

My money is on Carson Daly. He was awfully sheepish this morning.

And plenty of TODAY legacy allies in that organization who didn't care much for Billy to begin with happy to leak once they caught wind of what Access had found. Wonder if Natalie brought a producer from TODAY with her.

what are they going to do with carson's 2 other shows the voice and last call if they choose him?

They should have the Kathy Lee and Hoda Wine Hour from 9-11am, and invite Regis to be a regular contributor to the program., They'd probably get more eyeballs to the program doing that, than what they're currently getting with Tamron, Billy and Al...

• Like 5

what are they going to do with carson's 2 other shows the voice and last call if they choose him?

The Voice is like two days a week, so that shouldn't be much of an issue. I believe he just does voiceovers for Last Call ( I'm not sure if he even appears on screen anymore).

Who reported the fact of the tape first? Rachel Maddow made it sound like the Washington Post got it from a source but other NBC properties made it seem like they released it. I doubt NBC would be dumb enough to release the tape themselves (unless they only reported on clips and not the full conversation) given what Billy Bush said. Then again they could have leaked it as a way to get rid of Billy Bush on Today.

For the record, allegedly Access Hollywood came across the video footage at some point in the recent past, and "planned" on reporting on it. It was also said that the News division (MSNBC IIRC) got prior knowledge of the tape from the Entertainment division, and that the reporting was supposed to be a one-two from Access Hollywood reporting first and then NBC News doing the followup on the story. However, as we all know, somewhere between that point of planning and Saturday last, it got leaked to WaPo. Once the Post got it, they reached out to NBCU for comment, who then had to ACTUALLY scramble to cobble together the report they were "planning" to do.

Someone in the NBCU universe wanted Billy Bush gone. The question is, was it the Entertainment division or the News division...

• Like 1

Someone in the NBCU universe wanted Billy Bush gone. The question is, was it the Entertainment division or the News division...

I'm sure Billy and his agent don't care what division screwed him because Billy will walk with the full contract paid PLUS $$$$$$.

Bush scored a much bigger paycheck then if they had just let him fail at the Today Show gig.

Billy just needs to parlay the new and improved "bad boy rep" into a cable show ala "the Man Show"...

Call me or tweet me Billy...we can get the Jiggly Girls out of retirement....I may be able to get Carolla on board.

cannon.thumb.jpg.46c5e3e7a2c505efa179dcec94df3c31.jpg

• Like 3

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/17/media/billy-bush-leaves-nbc/index.html?sr=twCNN101716billy-bush-leaves-nbc1120PMVODtopLink&linkId=30048203

Well GMA gets the last laugh because while everyone was saying Michael would fail, Billy's the one without a job and the Today Show is the one missing a 3rd hour host now. I'm interested to see who, if anyone, replaces Billy.

• Like 5

Lol I'm glad Billy Bush is without a job but him leaving does nothing to lessen the fact that GMA is awful.

Agreed. Billy Bush being released from NBC means nothing for Good Morning America and the fact that they're alienating viewers with the Strahan train wreck. Besides, Bush and Today's third hour competes with "Live" on most ABC stations, not Good Morning America.

• Like 2