Today Show

todayshowproducer

I wonder back in the day, if the cast was on the road, who would handle the interrupt if there was a major breaking news event, that required an immediate interrupt?

I imagine someone would stay back in New York; if we use the 1990s/early 2000s. for example, maybe Matt, Katie, and Al would be on the road an Ann would read the news from 1A. Or the producer could simply get on with Matt and Katie remotely and they'd break that way.

That's why the network has someone on duty: John Palmer was always in 1A when Bryant and Jane were overseas. When Tom and Jane read the news as well as co-hosted, i'd guess they would handle the interrupt, Frank McGee might have done it back in the day,but i doubt Hugh Downs did(although he'd do a pretty good job, he'd rather let Frank Blair do it.)

• Like 1

In the late 90's it was usually Sara James (she was Ann's main back up until moving to Australia) if the whole crew was on location somewhere but for the most part Ann Curry always stayed behind. Now usually someone like Hoda or a top correspondent would be on stand by.

Today was at 3G until 1994. That's where Palmer would have been usually if the main crew was overseas back then. I don't remember but when the newsreader start going on the road with the main cast?

the listing im getting for the today show is they were in 3K there was never a 3G

Well it seem like Tamron let it slip on Today's Take that they too will like a live audience for the 3rd hour. I hate how both Today and GMA have become a carbon copy of each other. And is Al still a co-host of Today's Take or is he off/on location for Hurricane Matthews.

• Like 1

Billy Bush caught on same mic as Trump. Listen to this:

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/billy-bush-caught-on-same-hot-mic-as-donald-trump/307216

Who reported the fact of the tape first? Rachel Maddow made it sound like the Washington Post got it from a source but other NBC properties made it seem like they released it. I doubt NBC would be dumb enough to release the tape themselves (unless they only reported on clips and not the full conversation) given what Billy Bush said. Then again they could have leaked it as a way to get rid of Billy Bush on Today.

When Today had their 30th anniversary show in 82, they had to make changes because of a plane crash. Sometimes the show has to be "thrown out". They didn't throw that show out, but they had Garroway there, so i wonder if they would have done that if it was something like the President being assassinated or something like that.

• Like 1

I don't know how the Today show cannot suspend him at least for this

I would agree. I'm not sure how they/he can get around this. As it stands, they are pretty much pretending Billy wasn't there and not either agreeing or egging Trump on (not that he needs any help) during the whole ordeal. What's going to happen on Monday??? Do they keep pretending or does Billy apologize?

I would agree. I'm not sure how they/he can get around this. As it stands, they are pretty much pretending Billy wasn't there and not either agreeing or egging Trump on (not that he needs any help) during the whole ordeal. What's going to happen on Monday??? Do they keep pretending or does Billy apologize?

Billy did apologized. What's funny is they mentioned Nancy O'Dell which if they didn't mention her, I wouldn't have never thought Trump was talking about her. Nancy also responded and took the high road. This whole thing seem weird but it does explain why Nancy left Access Hollywood stating she didn't really get along with Billy so it made it easier to leave.

Billy did apologized. What's funny is they mentioned Nancy O'Dell which of they didn't mention her, I wouldn't have never thought Trump was talking about her. Nancy also responded and took the high road. This whole thing seem weird but it does explain why Nancy left Access Hollywood starting she didn't really get along with Billy so it made it easier to leave.

I wouldn't call his statement an apology. It was more or less a ' sorry (not sorry)...it was years ago' type of statement (much like Trump's) which isn't going to resolve this matter. He going to have to step it up or risk losing his job. We shall see what happens on Monday.

• Like 3

Billy Bush has been nothing but a headache. Typical douche

He went to a small private liberal arts college (I did too), came from a well known family and was also two time captain of their lacrosse team all seem to be the makings of a douche.

Apparently people at Access Hollywood were furious and believe that NBC News or someone at Today leaked the full tape. Access Hollywood edited the tape in their airing to protect the image of their former host. NBC News was planning on their own report after it aired on Access. They however deny the leak.