Today Show

todayshowproducer

Plus, NBC and the USOC/IOC have a contract for the next several olympic games. I highly doubt they USOC/IOC are going to forfeit any of those billions of dollars Comcast has agreed to pay because of how Al Roker called out Ryan for lying.

Yep....agree 1000% on that.

They should be saying ...

More!

Nobody takes what the Brazilian authorities say at face value. Everyone knows the problems that are plaguing the country. That being said, Ryan LIED. He did not "embellish" the story like you or Billy say, he flat out lied. This is an excerpt of an ABC News article that quotes Ryan on what happened when a gun was pulled out:

And then the guy pulled out his gun, he cocked it, put it to my forehead and he said, 'Get down,' and I put my hands up, I was like 'whatever.' He took our money, he took my wallet -- he left my cellphone, he left my credentials."

And from the Washington Post:

Asked why he lied to NBC’s Billy Bush in a Sunday interview about a gun being pressed to his forehead and cocked in his initial story, Lochte said he was still intoxicated from drinking the night before. He later said he “definitely had too much to drink.”

I hardly call that embellishing, especially in a situation like this that has deep seated implications all around.

Plus, NBC and the USOC/IOC have a contract for the next several olympic games. I highly doubt they USOC/IOC are going to forfeit any of those billions of dollars Comcast has agreed to pay because of how Al Roker called out Ryan for lying.

And the USOC isn't exactly rushing to defend Lochte so why would they get so offended that Roker called him out on this?

As I have said before here and elsewhere, I am no fan of Al Roker but I think some are seeing something here that isn't there.

• Like 1

We have to look at this through a professional POV. As viewers we agree but as bosses or people who were to work at NBC it could considered troubling for business relations.

I think it is cause it is not Al Roker's place to comment on situations of things. What Al Roker did was borderline character assasinate Ryan Lochte and if Lochte gets cleared and proven innoncent he can potentially sue Roker/NBC for libel. Al Roker has always been a person who overreaches and wants to do things beyond his job description and multiple times he has put his foot in his mouth. NBC can't keep a guy like that, especially if it involves situation close to them like Ryan Lochte and their rights to hold the Olympics. Roker's job is to give people the story not interject his opinions and since NBC has strong ties to USOC, IOC etc whatever happens with Lochete may impact ties with them in the long run.

You may have a few good points, but I have to kindly disagree. Because just so you know: this is the Today Show, where professionalism walks toward the door as soon as the clock strikes 8.

As for Roker, yes, there is a right time/place and a wrong time/place for him to make personal opinions on certain news stories. But Today's Take is a right place; it's the hour of the show where he, Tamron Hall and (now) Bush give their thoughts on the big news stories, and he had every right to voice his. Sure, the execs want him to pussyfoot with what he says on-air generally, but here his words and demeanor were IMO more or less okay enough (give or take his anger and the straw stirring). So he shouldn't be in the wrong. Bush and Lochte should.

And I admit, I don't watch Today as much these days, and I can see through most of the casts' personal characteristics, so I can't tell what Al is behind the cameras, let alone in front of them; but I watched Today's Take more than a few times and I know what goes on during the first half hour. And here, I'm in the position to say he was professional enough to call out Bush and Lyin C©kte on their bull at the right time and place.

I'm sure if he said that on the radio or on another TV show, I believe there's a bigger chance he'd get a pink slip from NBC and pretend to be cheerful at the unemployment line.

Seems like they had Tamron read the news in the first half hour.

Then during Today's Take - Billy Bush came in via remote because he couldn't make it back to New York due to the LAX scare. They had him at the desk through one of the vertical monitors used on Sunday Today. The connection looked a bit laggy on the on set monitor. I'm not sure if he came from a insert studio in LA but his backdrop was the upstairs studio with the monitor Windows.

• Like 2

Not really worth a new thread but it looks like Early Today is now a double headed show. Ayman Mohyeldin has been the male presenter along with Frances Rivera.

Likely part of the changes which resulted in Way Too Early being merged into First Look and becoming Morning Joe First Look. It used to both shows were produced together, but the 4am local news trend kind of switched up things which couldn't make that work as well (and because WTE became a pointless albatross without Willie hosting).

Likely part of the changes which resulted in Way Too Early being merged into First Look and becoming Morning Joe First Look. It used to both shows were produced together, but the 4am local news trend kind of switched up things which couldn't make that work as well (and because WTE became a pointless albatross without Willie hosting).

Exactly Early Today and First Look were essentially the same program with different graphics and a different closing segment (Scrambled Politics on MSNBC).

Now it appears that Betty Nguyen is no longer doing Early Today but solely First Look.

Totally agree about Way Too Early - Willie was the best and after all the show was designed to fit his personality. When Brian Shactman and Thomas Roberts hosted it seemed like they kept the same style which didn't work with the hosts.

• Like 5

Now it appears that Betty Nguyen is no longer doing Early Today but solely First Look.

Will she still be the "Gas Pump Anchor"?

She is the lady I see in the little TV on the gas pump each morning. I would miss her badly. I think it would be cool to have a different anchor for each grade of gas available....except somebody would probably complain if they had to be "Diesel" all the time.

• Like 2

http://pagesix.com/2016/09/15/lauers-botched-presidential-interviews-may-not-have-been-his-fault/

Apparently Matt Lauer was left hung out to dry after the Commander in Chief forum.

I don't feel sorry for him, finally the NBC bosses are waking up to him.He's an arrogant man who has destoryed people's careers and for so long has blamed everybody for bad things happening to him but has no humble bone in his body to apologize when it was clearly his fault. He was a huge player in wanting Ann Curry removed and he blamed everyone including upper management. He has overstayed his welcome at NBC and the entire brand would be much better without him. The best thing that NBC would do is get rid of him, he is overpaid to the max and everybody else can do his job. He does not stand out nor do people really like him. They are just wasting money on him. The Today show will survive without him, and they would be a much better brand without him.

Hopefully after November he won't renew his contract.

• Like 5

I recently noticed Hoda is now on the 8:00 hour every day last week and so far this week, she comes out for the 8:00 and 8:30 open, contributes to What's trending today, sit at the couch with rest of the anchors, has conducted segment along side Savannah and Matt and today she, Savannah, and Matt did an interview together.

Something tell me Hoda might becoming something like an 8:00 hour anchor,

or we could see something like this.

Live from studio 1a with Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotp.

(Think about CBS This morning as three anchors, GMA is now emphasizing Robin, George, and Micheal)

They definitely need to add another person to the 7-9 crew since Natalie is gone.

I recently noticed Hoda is now on the 8:00 hour every day last week and so far this week, she comes out for the 8:00 and 8:30 open, contributes to What's trending today, sit at the couch with rest of the anchors, has conducted segment along side Savannah and Matt and today she, Savannah, and Matt did an interview together.

Something tell me Hoda might becoming something like an 8:00 hour anchor,

or we could see something like this.

Live from studio 1a with Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotp.

(Think about CBS This morning as three anchors, GMA is now emphasizing Robin, George, and Micheal)

They definitely need to add another person to the 7-9 crew since Natalie is gone.

I think they are trying to prepare Hoda to fill in once Savannah goes on maternity leave.

Them emphasizing three people instead of five or seven people just shows how much a threat and momentum CBS This Morning has build.

CBS This Morning is rising in the mornings and if their program was only shown in all markets they would have to most traction.

I think they are trying to prepare Hoda to fill in once Savannah goes on maternity leave.

Them emphasizing three people instead of five or seven people just shows how much a threat and momentum CBS This Morning has build.

CBS This Morning is rising in the mornings and if their program was only shown in all markets they would have to most traction.

Outside of New Orleans where CBSTM airs on WUPL/My and Greensboro which airs the show on an hour delay from 8-10, are there any other markets where the weekday show is preempted or delegated to another time/network?

Outside of New Orleans where CBSTM airs on WUPL/My and Greensboro which airs the show on an hour delay from 8-10, are there any other markets where the weekday show is preempted or delegated to another time/network?

i thought there was a mandate that they had to air it at the 7 am air time? fort myers wink use to preempt it by 1 hour especially back to early show days when towards the end they were forced to air the early show subsquently CBSTM in its entirety

i thought there was a mandate that they had to air it at the 7 am air time? fort myers wink use to preempt it by 1 hour especially back to early show days when towards the end they were forced to air the early show subsquently CBSTM in its entirety

KOTV has yet to get that memo as they still push CTM back an hour at 8am.

Did not realize that stations still preempted CTM as I thought the network made a mandate upon the shows inception that it be carried in its entirety. KHOU, the Houston CBS affiliate, would stay on air past 7am handing it over to The Early Show for a few stories, then continue a mix of 11 News and The Early Show from about 7:15-7:45 when it was solely 11 News until 8am when they tossed it to the last hour of The Early Show. Always thought it was formatted weirdly.

• Like 2

WTOC. They air it in its entirety from 8-10am. The News at Daybreak stretches to 8am.

• Like 1