Today Show

todayshowproducer

As an owner of a black lab and now a lab/shepherd mix ... I am so happy over this. He looks like my dog so much already. As a dog lover, I'm ecstatic.

-- Matt

His name is "Lucky"...

...Lucky the games are not in Korea.

• Like 3

http://pagesix.com/2016/08/15/billy-bush-plagued-by-mean-girls-mentality-at-today/

Apparently there is no love between Billy Bush and the rest of the Today show crew. Watching a little bit of Today show, Al Roker has been acting like a jerk on camera. I can so believe this, with Billy Bush coming to the Today show. I wonder if he is having regrets joining the Today show cast, or are the people on the Today show threatned by the changes of the Today show. He is a gossip guy and the Today show has been going on the more gossip venue for years.

http://pagesix.com/2016/08/15/billy-bush-plagued-by-mean-girls-mentality-at-today/

Apparently there is no love between Billy Bush and the rest of the Today show crew. Watching a little bit of Today show, Al Roker has been acting like a jerk on camera. I can so believe this, with Billy Bush coming to the Today show. I wonder if he is having regrets joining the Today show cast, or are the people on the Today show threatned by the changes of the Today show. He is a gossip guy and the Today show has been going on the more gossip venue for years.

It's like a high school click and he is the new kid. They will do all kinds of stuff to haze him and see if he is "worthy" of the Today Show.

You should never see this manifested on the air, and if the average viewer picks-up on the drama, then the chance of total failure is greater.

Total Childish behavior, but it happens in just about every show/newsroom in America.

Name the people "they" have hazed....

Ann Curry...

Deb Norville...

Feel free to add names if you wish.

• Like 2

It's like a high school click and he is the new kid. They will do all kinds of stuff to haze him and see if he is "worthy" of the Today Show.

You should never see this manifested on the air, and if the average viewer picks-up on it the the drama, then the chance of total failure is greater.

Total Childish behavior, but it happens in just about every show/newsroom in America.

Ann Curry...

Deb Norville...

Jane Pauley was also hazed, that probably lead to her becoming bipolar. I am sure there are more people but those were the ones that was publicize. It is ashame that grown adults mistreat each other in "professional" workplace. They could to most civil thing, pull them aside and help them develop. I heard that morning shows are the worse though. A glam job that most people want and that would mean more sharks willing to turn on each other and on air talent wanting to hold on to their pork chop.

You should never see this manifested on the air, and if the average viewer picks-up on the drama, then the chance of total failure is greater.

Ann Curry...

Deb Norville...

Not sure if this was hazing but there have been practical jokes on the hosts. Savannah Guthrie was told that a burger wrapper was edible but really wasn't and Willie Geist ended up eating uncooked hotdogs for a segment on the Nathans Hot Dog Eating Championship.

• Like 2

I'm assuming she's also on standby to anchor any NBC News special reports if needed, at least until they can get Lester in if it was something requiring long-form coverage.

i guess she is the one "standing by for bulletin duty" in case something really big happens like one of the candidates getting shot or a major attack takes place on US soil. She would be the best person to do that, although they would fly Lester in to help out.

• Like 1

i guess she is the one "standing by for bulletin duty" in case something really big happens like one of the candidates getting shot or a major attack takes place on US soil. She would be the best person to do that, although they would fly Lester in to help out.

Actually she is on standby to retweet unconfirmed info while Lester is on his way to monitor Facebook and take on-air phone calls from Howard Stern jokers, and NBC correspondents all in the wrong position to know anything real.......all the while waiting for the Associated Press to confirm rumors that some major event has occurred.......Hours ago.

Sorry for the correction...It was rude of me.

Jane Pauley was also hazed, that probably lead to her becoming bipolar. I am sure there are more people but those were the ones that was publicize. It is ashame that grown adults mistreat each other in "professional" workplace. They could to most civil thing, pull them aside and help them develop. I heard that morning shows are the worse though. A glam job that most people want and that would mean more sharks willing to turn on each other and on air talent wanting to hold on to their pork chop.

I've always wondered around the time that Deborah Norville was on Today, that Bryant Gumbel, her co-host , was also anchoring NBC's golf coverage(and i think that was what he was doing in addition to his duites as Today co-host) Did NBC ever consider getting rid of him and putting him on golf(instead of bringing in Charlie Jones on golf) and having Norville as lead anchor? that would have hurt them in the long run.

• Like 1

I've always wondered around the time that Deborah Norville was on Today, that Bryant Gumbel, her co-host , was also anchoring NBC's golf coverage(and i think that was what he was doing in addition to his duites as Today co-host) Did NBC ever consider getting rid of him and putting him on golf(instead of bringing in Charlie Jones on golf) and having Norville as lead anchor? that would have hurt them in the long run.

Bryant Gumbel had his own HBO sports show and he wanted to devote a lot of time to it. He left by his own accord, I don't believe he was forced out. He did eventually go to Early show and that did not work out.

*Al Roker is acting like a prissy jerk on the Today show, I wonder if he has been drinking a lot. Word on the street is that Today show people go crazy during Olympics time and party.

• Like 2

Bryant Gumbel had his own HBO sports show and he wanted to devote a lot of time to it. He left by his own accord, I don't believe he was forced out. He did eventually go to Early show and that did not work out.

*Al Roker is acting like a prissy jerk on the Today show, I wonder if he has been drinking a lot. Word on the street is that Today show people go crazy during Olympics time and party.

Roker has always been a jerk, only now people are seeing it in front of the camera instead of behind it.

Don't forget, Gumbel also left because CBS gave him a primetime newsmagazine, Public Eye, which lasted only one season. Then with nothing really to do, they were able to cajole him into another morning show reboot.

Bryant left NBC for CBS. Shortly after sitting out his non complete he launched Public Eye with Bryant Gumbel. After the newsmagazine failed he was brought on to revamp CBS mornings and launched The Early Show.

• Like 1

I doubt NBC forced Bryant out of his spot, wasn't Today a few years into their 15 year morning tv dominance when Bryant left? If anything I would imagine they did everything they could to keep him. Bryant worked on the sports side of NBC as well before moving to news and Today.

As far as fill ins, i've seen Dick Enberg do it in the early 90s when he was the No. 1 football announcer at NBC. I remember how he(Enberg) looked out of place sitting next to Deborah Norville, maybe because Deborah had more experience at doing a morning show than he did(It didn't help that she did more of the heavyweight interviews that week: it was common for either her or Jane or Katie to do that when Bryant was off.) Costas did Today a few times too, once with Jane and another time with Katie. Arthur Kent did it once when both Bryant and Katie were off, with Faith Daniels who was the newsreader at the time. Kent looked out of place on a morning show too.

Roker has always been a jerk, only now people are seeing it in front of the camera instead of behind it.

Don't forget, Gumbel also left because CBS gave him a primetime newsmagazine, Public Eye, which lasted only one season. Then with nothing really to do, they were able to cajole him into another morning show reboot.

You are right but Roker looks more like a senile bitter man. They need to get Dylan Dreyer to replace him. People like her more anyway, Roker has worn out his welcome on that show. The Olympic Today coverage has been terrible and unprofessional, the anchors are to self centered. It seems like they care more about their antics then promoting the athletes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3748912/Today-host-Matt-Lauer-accused-burning-colleague-Billy-Bush-swooping-Ryan-Lochte-robbery-exclusive.html

More drama from the Today show.

I prefer Bryant Gumble as host then Matt Lauer even though Gumble was a douche he was an intelligent douche. Gumble would not let Al Roker get away with his antics and Gumble would keep the interview focused on the interviewer instead of the host or his co-anchors. Gumble should return and guest co-host, sure he was arrogant but he knew what he was doing. From the way, the reports have been circulating around the Today show it seems like Matt Lauer has turned that show into high school drama club.

On yesterday's or Wednesday's episode of Today, I really didn't like how Matt was so quick to call Ari Melber wrong after his live report back in NY with Savanah. Ari's point was that comparing both accounts of Lochte's story, the one with Bush then with Lauer, left so much to wonder b/c of many discrepancies. However, Matt was quick to say not much changed, Ari was reaching too much. Now that this has blown into a bigger issue, I wonder how Matt feels.

On yesterday's or Wednesday's episode of Today, I really didn't like how Matt was so quick to call Ari Melber wrong after his live report back in NY with Savanah. Ari's point was that comparing both accounts of Lochte's story, the one with Bush then with Lauer, left so much to wonder b/c of many discrepancies. However, Matt was quick to say not much changed, Ari was reaching too much. Now that this has blown into a bigger issue, I wonder how Matt feels.

Well now he is trying to take control of the Lochte situation by keeping Billy Bush out and trying to assert his dominance by discouting Ari's analysis. The real issue is Lochte lied to NBC News and made a fool of them. I saw him with Bob Costas during the Olympics primetime and he did the worse thing that any "journalist" would do and that is internalize the situation by saying he believes Lochte would not lie about this. Any good journalist would remain skeptical about this until the case has been settled with law enforcement.

• Like 1

Well now he is trying to take control of the Lochte situation by keeping Billy Bush out and trying to assert his dominance by discouting Ari's analysis. The real issue is Lochte lied to NBC News and made a fool of them. I saw him with Bob Costas during the Olympics primetime and he did the worse thing that any "journalist" would do and that is internalize the situation by saying he believes Lochte would not lie about this. Any good journalist would remain skeptical about this until the case has been settled with law enforcement.

I agree with the bolded part so much it hurts. Lauer and co. have literally made fools of themselves by proclaiming Lotche to be innocent after an interview. Not even sure why I'm so shocked at the lack of journalistic integrity from Matt, he's never been an actual journalist/reporter. Just a damn good TV personality who has managed to work his charm up to NBC.

I agree with the bolded part so much it hurts. Lauer and co. have literally made fools of themselves by proclaiming Lotche to be innocent after an interview. Not even sure why I'm so shocked at the lack of journalistic integrity from Matt, he's never been an actual journalist/reporter. Just a damn good TV personality who has managed to work his charm up to NBC.

It's cause they did not want their Olympics to look bad by beliving that Lochte was not lying and NBC/Comast has a stake with Lochte. They were the ones that helped him in launching his own reality show on E! So him lying about this hurts NBC's PR cause technically he is extended member of the Comcast/NBC brand.

Most of these desk job hacks on NBC lost their intergrity for the sake of television, being a personality and sucking up to tv bosses. Remember when Hoda Kotb used to be a journalist. Lauer is no exception and he was never in Gumbel's level he is psuedo journalist who rode on Gumbel's success. He was a journeyman host who got his big break on NBC by having a good agent, with a little rise in ratings he believed in his hype but in reality it was Katie Couric and Meredith Viera who made Matt more appealing then he was. I've never seen Lauer do any real indepth journalistic reporting since he has been the top anchor. All of his work has been fluffy pillow segments and scripted questions.

• Like 3

It's cause they did not want their Olympics to look bad by beliving that Lochte was not lying and NBC/Comast has a stake with Lochte. They were the ones that helped him in launching his own reality show on E! So him lying about this hurts NBC's PR cause technically he is extended member of the Comcast/NBC brand.

Most of these desk job hacks on NBC lost their intergrity for the sake of television, being a personality and sucking up to tv bosses. Remember when Hoda Kotb used to be a journalist. Lauer is no exception and he was never in Gumbel's level he is psuedo journalist who rode on Gumbel's success. He was a journeyman host who got his big break on NBC by having a good agent, with a little rise in ratings he believed in his hype but in reality it was Katie Couric and Meredith Viera who made Matt more appealing then he was. I've never seen Lauer do any real indepth journalistic reporting since he has been the top anchor. All of his work has been fluffy pillow segments and scripted questions.

I've been saying this for years about Matt. Both Katie and Meredith carried Matt making him think it's all him. When Ann came in, he was on his on and instead of putting blame on both of them, they singled Ann out. Yes she wasn't the best but the way the situation played out it hasn't quite gotten back to where it once was.

• Like 1

You are right but Roker looks more like a senile bitter man. They need to get Dylan Dreyer to replace him. People like her more anyway, Roker has worn out his welcome on that show. The Olympic Today coverage has been terrible and unprofessional, the anchors are to self centered. It seems like they care more about their antics then promoting the athletes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3748912/Today-host-Matt-Lauer-accused-burning-colleague-Billy-Bush-swooping-Ryan-Lochte-robbery-exclusive.html

More drama from the Today show.

I prefer Bryant Gumble as host then Matt Lauer even though Gumble was a douche he was an intelligent douche. Gumble would not let Al Roker get away with his antics and Gumble would keep the interview focused on the interviewer instead of the host or his co-anchors. Gumble should return and guest co-host, sure he was arrogant but he knew what he was doing. From the way, the reports have been circulating around the Today show it seems like Matt Lauer has turned that show into high school drama club.

I might add... Neither Bryant, nor Jane, nor Deborah or Katie EVER let any of that silly/stupid stuff happen when they were hosting. when she filled in once for Bryant, Faith Daniels(the newsreader) had that same attitude as Bryant or Deborah or Katie: she never let any of that stupid stuff get in the way of the interviews or reporting the news. In fact i think Arthur Kent was co-hosting that week, he had that kind of attitude too. Hugh Downs or Frank McGee, back in the day had that same kind of attitude towards the show. On GMA, David Hartman was doing the same thing and he didn't tolerate it either! I wish that ABC would tell them not to do that on GMA.

• Like 1

I've been saying this for years about Matt. Both Katie and Meredith carried Matt making him think it's all him. When Ann came in, he was on his on and instead of putting blame on both of them, they singled Ann out. Yes she wasn't the best but the way the situation played out it hasn't quite gotten back to where it once was.

Katie and Meredith were more popular then Matt, he has always been a person who rode on the success of people. Matt Lauer wanted chemistry but Ann wanted substance.Ann Curry was a successful journalist but what was never said was that she wanted to focus on hard news while Matt Lauer wanted to focus on cottonball stories. That lead to their creative differences .

• Like 2

I might add... Neither Bryant, nor Jane, nor Deborah or Katie EVER let any of that silly/stupid stuff happen when they were hosting. when she filled in once for Bryant, Faith Daniels(the newsreader) had that same attitude as Bryant or Deborah or Katie: she never let any of that stupid stuff get in the way of the interviews or reporting the news. In fact i think Arthur Kent was co-hosting that week, he had that kind of attitude too. Hugh Downs or Frank McGee, back in the day had that same kind of attitude towards the show. On GMA, David Hartman was doing the same thing and he didn't tolerate it either! I wish that ABC would tell them not to do that on GMA.

It is a different culture today, Roker and Lauer have ran that program into a deliquent low rated show. The only person post Curry on the Today show worth watching was Lester Holt he had class. The weekend Today show was great when he was there and he is a big leaguer now. I think Lester is enjoying his new job then having to do those teenage antics in the morning. I have a feeling that Natalie Morales probably enjoys her new job now that she has left Today show.

• Like 1

I've always been indifferent about Lauer, and I don't want to come across as defending him, but he's merely the tip of the iceberg. Just like a professional sports team with undisciplined troublemakers, there is clearly a systemic problem within the ranks of the Today show that allow for such behavior and idiocy. Like sports, the more an on-air talent makes or the higher their profile is, the more they're allowed to get away with. Throw in the fact that NBC (News) has a horrific track record with handling personnel management on and off the air (Brian, Ann, Matt, Natalie, David, and before that Bryant, Katie, Jane, Deborah...pretty much everyone but Meredith), and it's a recipe for disaster.

• Like 2