Today Show

todayshowproducer

Hoda Kotb is expected to take on a major roles for the Today show coverage of the olympics games for the next 3 weeks, since Savannah is Manhattan Bound (due to Zika concerns) .

She will be co hosting with Matt Lauer on the Main Show and will anchor the opening Ceremony alongside Matt and Meredith .

Does anyone possible think she could join Matt and Savannah premantaly in the Fall or take on a large role with the Today show franchise ? She has been making a lot of aprrenace durning the 8 o'clock hour the past 2 weeks, because of the Today's convention coverage.

She also has been making random appearances in the 8'o clock hour to disuse, What's Trending Today.

Since a avoid is going to be left with Natalie gone (and no reports to replace her/ add a new news anchor) do you think Today might add her as an anchor on 7-9 team???

I personally think she would be AMAZING with Matt and Savannah they seem to gel well together.

• Like 1

Dump Savannah and replace her with Hoda who I thought should have been news anchor after Ann and then given Ann's spot but I digress. Hoda is good and she works well with really just about anyone. For what it's worth I don't see the phasing out of the news reader role as something permanent but we'll see.

Hoda Kotb is expected to take on a major roles for the Today show coverage of the olympics games for the next 3 weeks, since Savannah is Manhattan Bound (due to Zika concerns) .

She will be co hosting with Matt Lauer on the Main Show and will anchor the opening Ceremony alongside Matt and Meredith .

Does anyone possible think she could join Matt and Savannah premantaly in the Fall or take on a large role with the Today show franchise ? She has been making a lot of aprrenace durning the 8 o'clock hour the past 2 weeks, because of the Today's convention coverage.

She also has been making random appearances in the 8'o clock hour to disuse, What's Trending Today.

Since a avoid is going to be left with Natalie gone (and no reports to replace her/ add a new news anchor) do you think Today might add her as an anchor on 7-9 team???

I personally think she would be AMAZING with Matt and Savannah they seem to gel well together.

Dump Savannah and replace her with Hoda who I thought should have been news anchor after Ann and then given Ann's spot but I digress. Hoda is good and she works well with really just about anyone. For what it's worth I don't see the phasing out of the news reader role as something permanent but we'll see.

There is some rumor floating that one of lead male anchors is thinking about replacing his female co-anchor it got inflammed after Natalie moved to Access Hollywood with rumors about the affair. Natalie Morales was moved to the West Coast and Savannah might be next in the list. Reason being is that he has control on who stays and goes by persuading producers and upper management . Savannah was on the endangered list back in 2014 when a former producer wanted to fire her.The ratings have been shrinking and I am sure that once the Olympics and election is over they would want to do some changes. When your ratings are low, you got nothing to lose in an ensemble cast. Since Savannah got pregnant it probably got him on his mad side cause it is rumored that his contract may end after the election. You can't fire a pregnant woman so Savannah is on the cozy chair for a while . Billy Bush coming to the Today show may open a void for him getting the main chair if Matt's contract is not renewed. Today has been wanting to go to more infotainment venue for the last couple of years, they hired Carson Daly as the first wave, focused more trending topics and getting Billy Bush might be the cherry on top to do the change. Hoda Kotb proves important cause she easily transition between hard news and soft news. Hoda also knows how how work with about anyone. Matt Lauer may leverage NBC like he did with Ann Curry, either you keep me and for that he will get rid of another female anchor. Will it work it has been four years since her ouster and Today show ratings have been declining more then increasing.

Since the ratings have been shrinking, NBC should cut Lauer's salary down cause all the male anchors on the show can do his job. If Billy Bush passes the trial run on Today show then he might be the one NBC wants to replace Lauer. Bush has more name recognition then Willie Geist, he knows how streamling the fluff better. Geist is okay but overrated to the max cause he does not have charm or personality, he is much better off staying on Morning Joe and doing the Sunday show.

Savannah was on the endangered list back in 2014 when a former producer wanted to fire her.The ratings have been shrinking and I am sure that once the Olympics and election is over they would want to do some changes. When your ratings are low, you got nothing to lose in an ensemble cast. Since Savannah got pregnant it probably got him on his mad side cause it is rumored that his contract may end after the election. You can't fire a pregnant woman so Savannah is on the cozy chair for a while

To be fair the guy that was hired wanted to blow up the entire show and get rid of most of the people except for Lauer and Hoda. Matt reportedly caught wind, stood up for his co anchors and helped get the guy fired (who also clashed with other staff and did a 180° from his pitch to the network).

As for the infotainment issue their first hour seems to be much more newsy where they have been focusing on one big story for ten minutes and about the same on a second/third one that usually is related. I've noticed they don't really go to break until atleast 19 past the hour.

As for Hoda appearing on Trending I think she's been there when they need an additional view from a woman's perspective or when ones out. She does a great job and if Savannah left would be a could fit.

To be fair the guy that was hired wanted to blow up the entire show and get rid of most of the people except for Lauer and Hoda. Matt reportedly caught wind, stood up for his co anchors and helped get the guy fired (who also clashed with other staff and did a 180° from his pitch to the network).

As for the infotainment issue their first hour seems to be much more newsy where they have been focusing on one big story for ten minutes and about the same on a second/third one that usually is related. I've noticed they don't really go to break until atleast 19 past the hour.

As for Hoda appearing on Trending I think she's been there when they need an additional view from a woman's perspective or when ones out. She does a great job and if Savannah left would be a could fit.

I can't put anything past Matt not after the stories that came about him including how he treated Ann Curry. He can be your best friend this day and be your worse enemy the next day.Fast forward to 2016, they are depending on Olympics and election to give them ratings bounce.

Wait until the election is over they do about first half hour of hard news which they have to do in any format including GMA. It is not until the second half hour they focus more on the light stuff.

Hoda might be groomed to take the chair once Savannah is on maternity leave. Natalie is at the west coast, all they have is Tamron, Shenielle and Hoda Kotb.

I was under the impression that Today is actually growing stronger and posing a real threat to GMA for the first time in 4 or 5 years. I doubt Matt is behind any ploy to get rid of anyone because the last time he did that it backfired on him and ruined his brand severely. I don't think Savannah is being removed I was just saying that she should be, I find her terrible.

• Like 5

I was under the impression that Today is actually growing stronger and posing a real threat to GMA for the first time in 4 or 5 years. I doubt Matt is behind any ploy to get rid of anyone because the last time he did that it backfired on him and ruined his brand severely. I don't think Savannah is being removed I was just saying that she should be, I find her terrible.

That is window dressing, it seems that way cause of GMA's slow down but in reality the real strong runner has been CBS This Morning putting a dent on GMA and Today show ratings. Half of the GMA and Today show audience has left and moved on to CBS and other programs. Today show is relying on an olympics boost but interally the program has lost it's zest.

• Like 1

I guess you do have a point there, when you look at the figures Today hasn't improved much GMA has just shredded so many viewers. Everyone seems to be headed to CBS.

CBS and also other outlets probably NPR, Morning Joe, CNN New Day etc.

• Like 1

CBS and also other outlets probably NPR, Morning Joe, CNN New Day etc.

I've been slowly but surely moving my national news presence to NPR. They are GOOD. If I had to rely on a broadcast outlet, it would be CBS. None from cable for me, thanks.

I gotta wonder if they are revamping studio 1A agian as Savannah has been reporting from MSNBC's studios during these olympics.

I don't know but it could be something as simple as they don't want to have to staff a studio for two hours when probably less than 20 minutes of content will originate from New York. It's a lot cheaper to staff a robotic studio than one requiring a cameraman (unless Today's contract requires a cameraperson no matter what like CBS This Morning which has robotic pedestals).

Also it appears they've changed their affiliate ticker space. Gone is the dead zone to the right of the time and temp. Now the entire thing is within the 4:3 safe zone with rounded edges. It looks like the changes required nothing done on the affiliate end as everything looks to be in the same space.

[MEDIA=twitter]762616097178869760[/MEDIA]

The ticker looks fine with the Olympic graphics but when they switch back to the regular news lower third it looks a bit odd.

• Like 3

Apparently Dylan Dryer will have her own show during the weekends. I don't know if it means Weekend Today will be canceled or it will be programming after the Today show. Give her credit for finding a way to stretch her limiting profession, she seems like a nice person but never saw her as having a hosting presence. It is good though to see her given an opportunity to advance, to her credit she is a legit meterologist unlike Al Roker, so it is good to see legit weather people advance in their careers.

http://www.litton.tv/in-the-news-1/2016/8/9/nbc-and-litton-entertainment-announce-fall-2016-line-up-for-the-more-you-know-programming-block

Apparently Dylan Dryer will have her own show during the weekends. I don't know if it means Weekend Today will be canceled or it will be programming after the Today show. Give her credit for finding a way to stretch her limiting profession, she seems like a nice person but never saw her as having a hosting presence. It is good though to see her given an opportunity to advance, to her credit she is a legit meterologist unlike Al Roker, so it is good to see legit weather people advance in their careers.

http://www.litton.tv/in-the-news-1/2016/8/9/nbc-and-litton-entertainment-announce-fall-2016-line-up-for-the-more-you-know-programming-block

Why would it be canceled? This is just a show for the late morning kids block.

She would more than likely tape the shows during the week like Sam Champion did for his Saturday morning kids show on ABC. Also Jenna Bush Hager also has a Saturday morning show as well.

Kevin Frazier from ET does the same thing for Litton with Game Changers; it's pretty quick and good work. Just come into a studio for a couple hours, introduce a bunch of human interest pieces in front of a portrait-set LCD panel, and there's your easy money. There are so many issues I have with Litton and their insane abuse of the E/I edicts to monopolize the market, but these are simple resume ticks to help you show you do more than morning TV.

• Like 3

What exactly is Savannah's role on the show for the few weeks where they go all out Olympics? She's obviously back in New York but is she doing the headlines or what?

She reads the headlines at 7:15ish and also reads the headlines at 8:00. They still call it a special split edition of Today, evan though 90 % is coming from Rio. She is only on air for around 15 combined minutes of the entire show. The really just having her come on to remind viewers who do not normally watch the show that Savannah is still the co-Anchor.

The coverage as been really well put together overall! I think they really made an effort to make the show good and they handle Savannah not being their in rio very well with when they have come to read the news!!

• Like 1

What exactly is Savannah's role on the show for the few weeks where they go all out Olympics? She's obviously back in New York but is she doing the headlines or what?

Basically she's the anchor to cover news that doesn't involve the Olympics. I imagine she's also there as a "back up" in case the connection was lost.

I'm assuming she's also on standby to anchor any NBC News special reports if needed, at least until they can get Lester in if it was something requiring long-form coverage.