Today Show

todayshowproducer

Today is Stephanie Rule's first day on air at MSNBC.

[MEDIA=twitter]747393941830410240[/MEDIA]

She's currently anchoring the 9 am hour.

Also does anyone know why Stephanie would be sitting in Sheneille's chair and not the main anchor chair (Kate Snow was) even tho Stephanie is main CO-anchor

http://www.today.com/video/today-anchors-put-their-shark-knowledge-to-the-test-712696387936

Shenielle is the main anchor and Stephanie is the newsreader. Kate Snow is the veteran and the Sunday Nightly News anchor, she can't be the newsreader. I have a feeling that Stephanie will be elevated pretty quickly, she came from Bloomberg as a business reporter so she has a lot to contribute to NBC News.

While they are at promote Betty Ngygen to the daytime lineup on MSNBC as a fill in or newsreader.

Shenielle is the main anchor and Stephanie is the newsreader. Kate Snow is the veteran and the Sunday Nightly News anchor, she can't be the newsreader. I have a feeling that Stephanie will be elevated pretty quickly, she came from Bloomberg as a business reporter so she has a lot to contribute to NBC News.

While they are at promote Betty Ngygen to the daytime lineup on MSNBC as a fill in or newsreader.

I think Betty's pretty busy - she covers breaking news overnight (which has happened a lot) Early Today at 4AM, First Look at 5PM and then another edition of Early Today. Anymore I think they'd need to find a new anchor.

• Like 1

Wait so Shienelle is the female co-anchor? I thought she was to remain newsreader while Stephanie replaced Erica as anchor?

Yeah, Sheinelle is the main anchor and Stephanie is the newsreader. I think they did that cause they don't want viewers to think that they pushed Erica out for Stephanie. Erica was let out of her contract and NBC did not want renew it, she was not pushed out.

How do you think they will handle Savannah not being in Rio for the olympics. Will they have her on some days from New York covering decision 2016? Do you think they will keep her in the opening credits or drop the opening titles all together for the 3 week coverage ?? Will they have just one person filling in for Savanah (like Hoda) or different people everyday? I am really not sure how they handle it, just interested in knowing what you guys think!!!!!!

I just saw Erica Hill anchoring with Don Lemon on CNN. She has literally come full circle.

We will see how she does on CNN, in reality she should've gone to local news to save herself the agony of always changing jobs cause it seems to me her career as always been about starting all over again then building up her journalistic reputation. Since she has a little following going back to her CNN days we will see how she does. At 40 years old network anchor jobs come fewer for women, consider herself blessed for another opportunity.

Natalie Morales last day as news reader will be FRIDAY! She moves to LA Next week!!

She Billy, Kit, and her will anchor Access Hollywood evening edition together in Rio!

Watch the clip for more info about the transition!

No word about Billy though!

http://deadline.com/2016/07/natalie-morales-access-hollywood-debut-video-1201785553/

• Like 1

Natalie Morales last day as news reader will be FRIDAY! She moves to LA Next week!!

She Billy, Kit, and her will anchor Access Hollywood evening edition together in Rio!

Watch the clip for more info about the transition!

No word about Billy though!

http://deadline.com/2016/07/natalie-morales-access-hollywood-debut-video-1201785553/

Interesting to watch the video. I think Natalie seems to smart for a job like that, a job like that seems more suited for Tamron. I heard rumors that they did not get along.

Just curious.. Does Today still have the UpClose segment in the first half hour? I know the first 30 minutes always opened with Katie/Matt introducing the show then tossing to Ann with the top headlines followed immediately after by the UpClose segment.

Interesting to watch the video. I think Natalie seems to smart for a job like that, a job like that seems more suited for Tamron. I heard rumors that they did not get along.

I thought that she was too smart too , but she and Kit seem to get along really well, from what I saw and If she is happy then I think it is fine!

• Like 1

It was 'Close Up' (close enough...)

And that dated to the Gumbel / Pauley days

The 3 signature Today phrases...

"This is Today...on NBC"

"insertleadthatendswiththewordtoday, Wednesday, July 12th, 2016"

"On Close Up this morning..."

More stories are coming out about Matt Lauer and his affair with Natalie Morales. Apparently Natalie Morales real reason for moving was caused by Matt's pull over the network and getting tired of Natalie. This guy needs to go, NBC can't move forward by keeping this guy at the Today show. He has had a long trail of bodies. Ann Curry needs to comeback 4 years since her unfair departure, she should comeback one day on the Today show maybe during the Olympics.

Though my respect for Matt is virtually nonexistent these days and I do hold him responsible for Ann's shitty exit -- this affair story just seems so ridiculous and I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I mean these rumors date back to what 2006? Nothing has ever materialized out of it so I doubt it's legitimacy.

• Like 2

It's way too easy for the tabloids to automatically turn co-worker tension between a man and a woman into sexual tension. Frankly, it's tiring, especially since it's played out at other networks in other rags, too.

• Like 1

supposedly matt was dogged with affair rumors supposedly natalie previously it was with Amy Robach anyone else am i missing?

Weren't there rumors Matt was linked to Savannah Guthrie at one point as well? At this point, which female Today on-air person has Lauer not been rumored to be sleeping with?

Weren't there rumors Matt was linked to Savannah Guthrie at one point as well? At this point, which female Today on-air person has Lauer not been rumored to be sleeping with?

He should sleep with all of them.

That's how you get anchor babies.

• Like 2

There never been rumors about Matt and Savannah having a affair. There been rumors of Matt having affair with Amy Robach and Natalie Morales (And Meredith Vieira) but they are definitely all false but that not to say Matt never had a affair outside of work.. Although there are high rankings NBC Executives who do bivalve that Matt and Natalie did at one time have an affair(From the Morning Show Book) but I do not believe it.

Allegedly Savannah met her First Husband Mark Orchard while he was still married to someone else and he Divorced his First wife to marry Savannah.

There never been rumors about Matt and Savannah having a affair. There been rumors of Matt having affair with Amy Robach and Natalie Morales (And Meredith Vieira) but they are definitely all false but that not to say Matt never had a affair outside of work.. Although there are high rankings NBC Executives who do bivalve that Matt and Natalie did at one time have an affair(From the Morning Show Book) but I do not believe it.

Allegedly Savannah met her First Husband Mark Orchard while he was still married to someone else and he Divorced his First wife to marry Savannah.

There have been numerous rumors about Lauer having affairs, I do think he has had affairs but I don't know if they are with his co-anchors. His affair with Natlie does seem suspicious cause people thought that she was going to get the anchor position on Today but her affair with him ruined any chances of her growing in the network.

Though my respect for Matt is virtually nonexistent these days and I do hold him responsible for Ann's shitty exit -- this affair story just seems so ridiculous and I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I mean these rumors date back to what 2006? Nothing has ever materialized out of it so I doubt it's legitimacy.

I think these rumors exist cause apparently Lauer has made enemies with people in the business. He is a fake nice guy according to people who have worked with him and now that ratings are down and Today show brand still hurting from Curry's exit. He is getting paid $25 million dollars and no doubt there are some people who want to see him leave Today show. This could be a reason why Billy Bush was hired, maybe people expect Lauer to leave after the election.