Today Show

todayshowproducer

have they finally named a male co anchor for saturday or is it presumed craig?

Craig Melvin is probably the host but I do think they still have a rotation male anchor team cause Craig Melvin still works for MSNBC.

Craig Melvin is probably the host but I do think they still have a rotation male anchor team cause Craig Melvin still works for MSNBC.

Well Ruhle will also anchor on MSNBC and will be the regular Saturday co-host so I presume to think that Melvin will be in the same boat.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Savannah! Very true at her age you have to really count your blessings to give birth to 2 Children over age 41. Some women can never have any Children. Hoping and Praying for a healthy Child! I understand her not going to Rio. It better to be Safe then not.

we will probably be stuck with Tamron Hall now when Savanna goes on Maternity Leave! NAtalie w3il be in Los Angeles by then. Hopefully they have Hoda filling in most weeks during those 3 Months and Tamron only fills in occasionally.

I was thinking the same thing. I use to be a big fan of Tamron but not too much as of lately. She's always giddy and grinning for no apparent reason at all. I still holding out hope HODA will become the anchor one day but I think Savannah is going to be there for years to come. The only announcement I'm waiting for is for Matt Lauer and Al Roker to finally step down and leave. They have worn out their welcome.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing. I use to be a big fan of Tamron but not too much as of lately. She's always giddy and grinning for no apparent reason at all. I still holding out hope HODA will become the anchor one day but I think Savannah is going to be there for years to come. The only announcement I'm waiting for is for Matt Lauer and Al Roker to finally step down and leave. They have worn out their welcome.

Congrats to Savannah and I agree, just waiting for the day until Matt and Al are out of there. The just remind me of the bad culture that was permeated at NBC which lead to Ann's firing.

Follow-up regarding Hill. She won't be at NBC for long.

TVNewser stated this morning that's she's returning to HLN. She'll also contribute on the CNN shows.

This lady jumps on more networks then most pro-athletes who jump on different teams. It's is pretty sad how she keeps jumping around like that and she never paid her dues to get these jobs. Being on HLN I don't think she should consider promotion it is not a upward mobility to a good career, this seems like a waste of time for HLN which is stagnating in the ratings.They should change their program into Court TV instead of creating a CNN II which people won't watch unless they do a second Jody Arias trial. If the ratings don't come in which network can she go to now.

Congrats to Savannah and I agree, just waiting for the day until Matt and Al are out of there. The just remind me of the bad culture that was permeated at NBC which lead to Ann's firing.

This lady jumps on more networks then most pro-athletes who jump on different teams. It's is pretty sad how she keeps jumping around like that and she never paid her dues to get these jobs. Being on HLN I don't think she should consider promotion it is not a upward mobility to a good career, this seems like a waste of time for HLN which is stagnating in the ratings.They should change their program into Court TV instead of creating a CNN II which people won't watch unless they do a second Jody Arias trial. If the ratings don't come in which network can she go to now.

Seriously what is your issue with Erica? And what do you mean she never paid her dues? :rolleyes:

Seriously what is your issue with Erica? And what do you mean she never paid her dues? :rolleyes:

I think the issue (which I don't have any) is that she started out a at PC Week Radio, then went to Tech TV as a producer, then reporter and finally as an anchor (including 9/11) for a few years. She went to HLN and did odd anchoring jobs, transferred to Newsource, had her own show, provided news updates to AC360. This brings us to CBS' The Early Show / This Morning and most recently Today and MSNBC.

She may not have the traditional career path of working up the markets but given her background in technology she got a leg up when TechTV started news. She obviously did well there to be offered a position with CNN - and she worked her way up the ranks. After seven years at CNN she was on for a challenge but unfortunately she went to CBS which at the time sucked ratings wise and she was brought in as a fix.

I think the issue (which I don't have any) is that she started out a at PC Week Radio, then went to Tech TV as a producer, then reporter and finally as an anchor (including 9/11) for a few years. She went to HLN and did odd anchoring jobs, transferred to Newsource, had her own show, provided news updates to AC360. This brings us to CBS' The Early Show / This Morning and most recently Today and MSNBC.

She may not have the traditional career path of working up the markets but given her background in technology she got a leg up when TechTV started news. She obviously did well there to be offered a position with CNN - and she worked her way up the ranks. After seven years at CNN she was on for a challenge but unfortunately she went to CBS which at the time sucked ratings wise and she was brought in as a fix.

No issue people are too thinned skin but I know the business pretty well, I don't know if she has an agent but it is just how she keeps transfering job after job not bringing in any results to warrant why she keeps getting these jobs unless she is freelancer who is used to save money and HLN gave her a good contract. If she had any particular value then these networks would have kept her, there is a reason why NBC let her go and so did CBS and I speculate that maybe she is a freelancer and when she was on NBC had a part time contract.

• Like 1

I've noticed that too... It's hard for me to see them mess with the Matt/Savannah chemistry... I heard that after Natalie leaves there will be no replacement for her, the main 7-9am team will just be Matt, Savannah and Al.

I've noticed that too... It's hard for me to see them mess with the Matt/Savannah chemistry... I heard that after Natalie leaves there will be no replacement for her, the main 7-9am team will just be Matt, Savannah and Al.

Has anyone noticed that Weekend Today has been using a 3 anchor format? Could we possibly see this on the weekday after Natalie leaves?

It is due to the response of the rise of CBS This Morning which has 3 anchor people. CBS TM is the biggest dark horse and viewers are tuning more to CBS . Having seven people at one table is just cluster mess . People don't need weather people on the Today show anymore cause people can get their weather through their local stations and weather apps. They can also cut costs by getting rid of the weather person and turn to the resources of the Weather Channel and the affliate people. Instead of getting Al Roker and Dylan Dreyer to cover the weather. I always believe that Al and Dylan have glorified welfare jobs on the Today show. Once Natalie Morales moves on to her new job, I don't think we will see the newsreader anymore.

• Like 1

It is due to the response of the rise of CBS This Morning which has 3 anchor people. CBS TM is the biggest dark horse and viewers are tuning more to CBS . Having seven people at one table is just cluster mess . People don't need weather people on the Today show anymore cause people can get their weather through their local stations and weather apps. They can also cut costs by getting rid of the weather person and turn to the resources of the Weather Channel and the affliate people. Instead of getting Al Roker and Dylan Dreyer to cover the weather. I always believe that Al and Dylan have glorified welfare jobs. Once Natalie Morales moves on to her new job, I don't think we will see the newsreader anymore.

The newsreader position is going to be gone. As much people trying to downplay, CBS This Morning really shaped the way Today and GMA is changing. Just two years ago, it was all about soft news but now everyone is focusing on hard news. I still think CBS is going to become a second place finisher in the near future.

• Like 3

The newsreader position is going to be gone. As much people trying to downplay, CBS This Morning really shaped the way Today and GMA is changing. Just two years ago, it was all about soft news but now everyone is focusing on hard news. I still think CBS is going to become a second place finisher in the near future.

I agree with you, I think people just want to be informed and tired of being pandered too and having their intelligence insulted. GMA and Today show has become too much of a circus show, then a news show. GMA/Today have been to centered on personalities/celebrities and less on making the news a priority. GMA/Today show have a myopic view of looking at the world,they are trapped in that Fifth Avenue/Beverley Hills mentality of all about their worlds and they don't reflect the rest of America. CBS This Morning speaks to it's national audience they don't give off an air of being elitist but making sure the audience stays informerd. I hope CBS This Morning finishes second place and eventually becomes first place.

• Like 1

Your points are valid but I'm not so sure that I'm going to cast blame on GMA or Today. I think we're just witnessing a major shift in the audiences demand for these programs. Keep in mind Good Morning America and Today have both built empires off of a format that values personalities and lifestyle segments over news. ABC tried to be more newsier once and they suffered some of their worst ratings ever. The audience is looking for something more thought provoking and CBS is filling the void, the others are catching on to that and will begin to shift soon enough. GMA has already been giving us a taste of what's probably likely to come with Robin, George and Michael leading the show.

Your points are valid but I'm not so sure that I'm going to cast blame on GMA or Today. I think we're just witnessing a major shift in the audiences demand for these programs. Keep in mind Good Morning America and Today have both built empires off of a format that values personalities and lifestyle segments over news. ABC tried to be more newsier once and they suffered some of their worst ratings ever. The audience is looking for something more thought provoking and CBS is filling the void, the others are catching on to that and will begin to shift soon enough. GMA has already been giving us a taste of what's probably likely to come with Robin, George and Michael leading the show.

I do think the personalities are to blame, they are the faces of these shows and they are the ones who decide to act the way to act. There is only so much you can blame the director. The last 10 years there has been change on how these personalities carry themselves. Today show moreso has been suffering cause they value the personality too much and they create anchor monsters. It has been documented with the scandal of Ann Curry's firing how cutthroat and ego driven these personalities can be. I was talking to a person who handles tv contracts and she told me that most of these tv personalities are so insecure and worry about job security that they end up turning on each other if you don't keep them in line. That has been the problem with media these days is that turn to anchors into thinking that they are stars and they wind up making the news and distracting the viewers away from the real star which is the news. People are so disenchanted with media and tv anchors but CBS This Morning has channeled that disenchantment and used it to speak to their audience.

Hmm not sure I follow.

Matt and Savannah carry themselves and are marketed in pretty much the same way Katie and Matt were.

Robin and George are marketed the same way Charlie and Diane were.

The anchors aren't the problem and the way they carry themselves aren't the problem. These morning shows for so long have thrived in large part because of the popularity of the anchors. In fact remove Robin or Matt from their shows and you will for sure see audience erosion. Anchor exposure is not the issue. Remove Charlie or Norah and watch that their growth begins to slow as well.

Betrayal and insecurity in this business is nothing new and has existed since the start of Hollywood and TV.

While I am really happy for CTM, let's keep in mind that their growth is coming during a very busy news cycle. It's expected that a morning news program focused around news would do exceptionally well during a year long heavy news cycle. They still trail NBC by more than 600,000-800,000 viewers. I say this to make the point that while I think CTM has a really great thing going for them, the other two shouldn't be so quick to replicate that for success just yet.

• Like 2

Today is Stephanie Rule's first day on air at MSNBC.

[MEDIA=twitter]747393941830410240[/MEDIA]

She's currently anchoring the 9 am hour.

Also does anyone know why Stephanie would be sitting in Sheneille's chair and not the main anchor chair (Kate Snow was) even tho Stephanie is main CO-anchor

http://www.today.com/video/today-anchors-put-their-shark-knowledge-to-the-test-712696387936