Today Show

todayshowproducer

I wish some people (on Facebook and Twitter) would get facts straight and not assume Natalie was fired or forced to move! They wouldn't have forced her to pack up her family and move across the country

It was her and her Family decision to move to California for whatever reasons we don't know. She planning to for some time. Her Husband could have gotten a New Job out in L.A. for all we know.

Her Father in Law lives in Denver and so they will now be closer. Her Mother in Law does from Alzheimer's two years ago

They obviously still wanted her as she will still be around out West and will still do Dateline and do Access Hollywood. She will still be part of the more extended NBC Family.

Her contract expires in November and likely she was planning not to renew and at same time her Husband got a New job in L.A and while she probably I am sure respect er boss's for doing what they is best or right for TODAY Show and making changes probably saw the writing on the wall and didn't like that her role as News-anchor had been diminished in the last year but Natalie is not type to make a stink about ti and kept it to her self. And so NBC wanted to keep her in the Family so they offered her the West Coast Anchor role (covering west coast News) and Host of Access Hollywood and Access Hollywood Live while she continues to do dateline.

When you tihnk about it at the end of the day she got a better deal then Ann Curry! Even so Natalie was not pushed out. I am still a little skeptical but we will have to wait and see.

While I am glad she there going to be there I am going to miss her presence in Studio 1A with everyone else. Congrats to Natalie on her new role!

Going from NYC to L.A. really is going to be a lifestyle change! It a whole different city with a differnet tormentor and is slower paced. It probably better health wise. You going from a High Rise City to a Sprawling Metropolis that is pretty much warm all year round.. Natalie will probably end up loving it there I tihnk because of the sun and beaches. Glad her kids are happy about the move as most Kids don't like moving and going to a whole new school leaving behind all their friends.

They absolutely would. Not saying they did but they absolutely would if they wanted to.

Based on what? Your gut feeling?

No they couldn't Her Contract expire this year and if she didn't want to move West and that what they telling her to do she would not have renew it. They couldn't force her to go out west and be anchor there against her will.

Natalie and her Family been talking about to move to California for some time. She said that this morning.

No they couldn't Her Contract expire this year and if she didn't want to move West and that what they telling her to do she would not have renew it. They couldn't force her to go out west and be anchor there against her will.

They could if she wanted to maintain her job and a certain lifestyle.

• Like 1

They could if she wanted to maintain her job and a certain lifestyle.

Okay fine however Natalie said this morning her and her family had been talking about moving to the west coast for some time now and her contract was up in November and that was definitely the opportunity Natalie was gong to use to move out west however NBC obviously wanted to keep her so they offered her this new role.

At the end of the day it a win-win all around and a tremendous opportunity. It keep her in the fold witihn NBC wider family and also still has her appearing on TODAY and Dateline.

As I said above she ends up getting a better deal then Ann even so Ann was pushed out of course.

B&C stated this afternoon that Today Show newsreader Natalie Morales will replace Billy Bush as the new host of Access Hollywood.

This move makes sense for Natalie since Today would have her traveling on location, such as the deaths of Prince and Nancy Reagan recently. Plus she's been with Today for 10(?) years doing the third hour. I don't blame her taking on this new role... a change of scenery.

Also, I have enjoyed watching Sheinelle on Today. It may because she came from the Fox Philly station why I'm rooting for her, but she brings new life to the show that Tamron and Erica couldn't bring.

• Like 2

Erica was demoted from Weekend Today and had to take a massive pay cut to stay at NBC. She's not getting out ok weekday Today.

Sheinelle doesn't have the gravitas they want for the 9am hour.

Kelly Ripa is currently getting paid insane amounts of money to host 5 hours of random yapping a week. Plus if she wanted to do the network morning show, she would have accepted GMA when they offered it to her.

They only possible scenario of yours could be Dylan, if they are looking to ease her in to eventually replace Al, but also make her more palatable other than just weather (a la Ginger Zee.)

Billy Bush can bring in his own people from Access Hollywood to become part of the 9am hour. Erica Hill does not have any gravitas to host any show, she is better off staying at MSNBC and just read the news. Shenille, has hosted long programs before, she was hit in Philadelphia. I think they should give her an audition, Dylan Dryer they are trying to feel her around. She is trying to make herself more well rounded by interviewing celebs, Dylan's problem is that she is not naturally smooth as Ginger Zee, which might be a problem in the long run. Dylan is cute and technically in her prime, which is what she has going for her. II have a feeling that the weather person on the Today show will be non-existent in the next something years. Nowadays people don't need weather people to tell them the news when they can go on their apps and get the weather.

Out of curiousity what percentage of Access Hollywood's stations are affiliated with NBC (or a sister station)? I'm wondering how it will work out with having NBC News talent appear on a syndicated show that airs on CBS or ABC. I guess it shouldn't be a big deal given Michael Strahan appearing on GMA while still on Live but then again Live is mainly on ABC affiliates with a handful of others.

Out of curiousity what percentage of Access Hollywood's stations are affiliated with NBC (or a sister station)? I'm wondering how it will work out with having NBC News talent appear on a syndicated show that airs on CBS or ABC. I guess it shouldn't be a big deal given Michael Strahan appearing on GMA while still on Live but then again Live is mainly on ABC affiliates with a handful of others.

Michael Strahan appears on Fox during football season. Ryan Seacrest contributes to Today on NBC, hosted American Idol on Fox, and hosts New Years Rockin Eve on ABC. Tom Bergeron used to host the syndicated Hollywood Squares (on lots of CBS affiliates) while he hosted AFV on ABC.

I know back when Meredith Viera was on the Today show and hosted Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, she agreed not to be on the third and fourth hours of Today (outside of breaking news coverage), since a lot of stations aired Millionaire between 9 and 11am.

I don't think a lot of stations aired it between 9am and 11am. But those were possible airtimes hence why she would not appear after 9am unless there was a major breaking story.

• Like 4

The only other similar situation I know of with personalities appearing on competing networks is when Oprah was still on. In markets where she and Dr. Phil were on different stations, there was a rule that the two shows could not air opposite each other, and I assume it's the same for markets where Steve Harvey's talk show and Family Feud aren't on the same channel.

The only other similar situation I know of with personalities appearing on competing networks is when Oprah was still on. In markets where she and Dr. Phil were on different stations, there was a rule that the two shows could not air opposite each other, and I assume it's the same for markets where Steve Harvey's talk show and Family Feud aren't on the same channel.

Nope. In my market his talk show and game show air in the same time slot.

Nope. In my market his talk show and game show air in the same time slot.

Interesting. In DC Steve Harvey's talk show is on at 2pm on NBC and FF has a double run at 5pm on My20, in Richmond the talk show airs at 4pm on CBS6 and a FF double run at 6pm on FOX.

When I lived in Raleigh both shows were on the same station (FOX 50)

Interesting article in InTouch Magazine about why Natalie is really going west! Apparently at one point met with ABC Executives about possibly joining ABC.

There were reports back in late 2014 about Tension between Natalie and Tamron.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/natalie-morales-today-nbc-101761

Interesting. In DC Steve Harvey's talk show is on at 2pm on NBC and FF has a double run at 5pm on My20, in Richmond the talk show airs at 4pm on CBS6 and a FF double run at 6pm on FOX.

When I lived in Raleigh both shows were on the same station (FOX 50)

FF is also on at 7pm on My20.

• Like 1

Interesting article in InTouch Magazine about why Natalie is really going west! Apparently at one point met with ABC Executives about possibly joining ABC.

There were reports back in late 2014 about Tension between Natalie and Tamron.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/natalie-morales-today-nbc-101761

Apparently Billy Bush is being groomed to replace Matt Lauer.

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/08/is-billy-bush-the-next-matt-lauer/

I used to like Tamron Hall before she became part of Today show but ever since she joined she has gotten too full of herself and it shows on the camera. When they are doing the third hour, she always wants to lead the conversation or become the center of attention. I am sure Natalie wanted out as well cause she has a stand sill job as the newsreader. If the drama is true, I am glad that they are tearing down the 3rd hour. If Billy Bush is their annointed one to replace Matt Lauer then he will move pretty quickly to the first two hours. I think Willie Geist will devoted his energy to the Sunday show. Al Roker might retire in the next couple of years. I think Tamron Hall has gotten to big for her britches so reduced her camera time. Let Hoda Kob fill in during the 3rd hour.

Any Today Show news come out of the Upfronts today?

Billy Bush will more than likely be the new host of the third 3rd.

Outside of NBC, there are rumors that Billy Bush might be Matt Lauer's replacement.

Any Today Show news come out of the Upfronts today?

I don't know how much news could be made - they had two hours to cover NBC, Telemundo and their ten cable networks. The Hollywood Reporter made a brief mention saying their number one in the morning, evening and weekends when it comes to news.

Here's a few links covering the upfront but they seemed to be entertainment focused.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-nbcuniversal-upfront-jimmy-fallon-hamilton-highlights-20160516-snap-story.html

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/2016-nbc-universal-upfront-live-programming-seth-meyers-donald-trump-1201776054/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbcuniversal-upfront-presentation-2016-894471

In the memo it mentions nothing about Billy joining Willie, Tameron, and Al, I wonder if that means they will get phased out. I am happy that this hour is getting a revamp it has been lacking compared to the other 3 hours.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/stephanie-ruhle-named-co-anchor-of-saturday-today-show/294144

Today is welcoming another from outside (this time it really is from outside).

Former Bloomberg TV host Stephanie Ruhle is joining the weekend show as co-main anchor on Saturdays. She'll also host an hour weekdays on MSNBC.