Today Show

todayshowproducer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/billy-bush-exits-access-hollywood-888032

Looks like ABC isn't the only one that's gonna experience changes in the 9am hour. Billy Bush seems to be joining the 9am hour of Today in some capacity. More surprising is that he'll be exiting AHL (which airs at 11am after Today on NBC affiliates in quite a few markets) and AH (which airs at 7:30pm on NBC affiliates in a lot of markets).

• Like 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/billy-bush-exits-access-hollywood-888032

Looks like ABC isn't the only one that's gonna experience changes in the 9am hour. Billy Bush seems to be joining the 9am hour of Today in some capacity. More surprising is that he'll be exiting AHL (which airs at 11am after Today on NBC affiliates in quite a few markets) and AH (which airs at 7:30pm on NBC affiliates in a lot of markets).

This look like it might happen and the 3rd hour will be revamped. It is unknown though who would be replaced. I think Geist will still be a fill in for Matt Lauer though. It is rumored that Geist might replace Lauer if his contract is not renewed.

B&C stated this afternoon that Today Show newsreader Natalie Morales will replace Billy Bush as the new host of Access Hollywood.

Wonder who will replace Natalie as newsreader? I'm guessing Tamron will. Al needs a new role. He's become boring and stale. Will Natalie host AH solo or with Kit Hoover? Will Natalie also co-host the spinoff AHLive?

Why couldn't Natalie do both? If this is true and Tamron replace Natalie I won't watch TODAY Show anymore. I hope it not but Natalie hasn't gotten the respect she deserve I feel like in last couple years.

Kelly Ripa has a good point. There need to be more respect in the workplace and consideration all around but they do work in two different part of the TV World

Why couldn't Natalie do both? If this is true and Tamron replace Natalie I won't watch TODAY Show anymore. I hope it not but Natalie hasn't gotten the respect she deserve I feel like in last couple years.

Kelly Ripa has a good point. There need to be more respect in the workplace and consideration all around but they do work in two different part of the TV World

well that's too bad. i'm rather fond of Natalie

I also enjoy Natalie, and would rather see Al and maybe Matt go. But I don't foresee her continuing in the newsreader capacity from the west coast. She would come on air at 4am PT, plus have AH to do. Doesn't seem likely.

Wonder who will replace Natalie as newsreader? I'm guessing Tamron will. Al needs a new role. He's become boring and stale. Will Natalie host AH solo or with Kit Hoover? Will Natalie also co-host the spinoff AHLive?

I am guessing Tamron Hall or Shenielle Jones on the weekends. I can take so much of Tamron Hall she has lost all her likability factor.

Al Roker has become boring but also the rise of Dylan Dryer she is getting more camera time and doing roles that typically Al Roker does like interview celebs. Even though I like Dylan, I think the new work is a little bit above her head. I don't think she will have the versatility of a Ginger Zee even though NBC is trying to make her more like a Ginger Zee type.

• Like 2

I also enjoy Natalie, and would rather see Al and maybe Matt go. But I don't foresee her continuing in the newsreader capacity from the west coast. She would come on air at 4am PT, plus have AH to do. Doesn't seem likely.

It has been rumored that Matt Lauer may possibly leave after the election. I hope that is true cause this sounds very similar to what he did a four years ago to try to angle for more money. He scapegoated Ann has the ratings disaster and used his leverage to get more money so the network can keep him.

She is officialy leaving? I thought she was thinking about it. That's a shame. She was very good and I enjoyed her on the show. This certainly isn't going to help Today beat GMA again.

• Like 1

I enjoy Natalie but I saw this coming with her missing so many shows due to being "on a report". Also noticed those reports are all entertainment based as well. But I don't feel like Access is the best use of her talents. They should have paired her with Willie for Sunday Today and made her Today Senior Correspondent.

Also at this point they should do away with everything News Anchor position and just keep it with Matt and Savannah reading the top stories like they do during the 7am hour.

Tamron is a good anchor but something about her doesn't feel right to take on the main broadcast.

Al Roker I feel like he will be on the broadcast for another 2 years and ease away. Appears they are already grooming Dylan like they did for Al when he slowly took over for Willard taking over a couple days each week.

So the story is she not leaving TODAY completely but will still be on the show as it West Coast anchor. How is that going to work?

NBC must really want to keep her with this deal. Apparently she been planning to move to California for some time.

But I can't say I didn't see something like this coming.. Her role in the 7am Hour has diminished greatly over the last year.

She'll be a west coast anchor the same way Ann was going to be a Today anchor-at-large. And I doubt they'll go without a news anchor completely. They'll go without one only long for viewers to forget about her and avoid the risk of another dicey change in the line up.

She'll be a west coast anchor the same way Ann was going to be a Today anchor-at-large. And I doubt they'll go without a news anchor completely. They'll go without one only long for viewers to forget about her and avoid the risk of another dicey change in the line up.

Brian Stelter on Twitter said there will be no replacement for Natalie. they are getting rid of the News anchor position completely. That doesn't surprise me because she no longer does the news in the 7am Hour and sometimes she not in that hour at all! Matt and Savannah will now read headlines

It obvious to anyone who watches TODAY Show nowadays that they are phasing that out.

And I am pretty skeptical about her so called new West Coast anchor Job. That just a fancy title at the end of the day kind of like what they did with Ann Curry and they lied about Ann at the end of the day.

After she left Ann never appeared on TODAY Show (aside om the one day in London for like 5 Minutes) again.

I've always thought that a separate news reader was pointless. Matt and Savannah can do that themselves, although now I wonder what they're going to do when they're standing out on the plaza. In the end, I'm glad they're getting rid of the position, but hate to see that such a nice person like Natalie gets the butt end of it.

• Like 1

I've always thought that a separate news reader was pointless. Matt and Savannah can do that themselves, although now I wonder what they're going to do when they're standing out on the plaza. In the end, I'm glad they're getting rid of the position, but hate to see that such a nice person like Natalie gets the butt end of it.

True I do agree. I really like Natalie.

Although Natalie had been planning to move to California for several months now.

at the end of the day we don't know why Natalie really is moving out west, there could be many reasons. her husband may have gotten a New Job in L.A.

Also her Mother In Law died 2 years ago form Alzheimer's and Her Father in Law lives n Denver so they be closer to him now.

Highly doubt we see much of Natalie on TODAY in her new role. If they want her to be live, that means she'd be appearing on today some time between 4am-7am. There's no way she's going to be on air at 4am to then host Access Live and then Access Hollywood later in the day...

How will they feasibly go without a news anchor? The news anchor is the easiest way for them to update the broadcast for the West Coast edition. Whenever news breaks Natalie (or Tamron) would update the 8am news update despite Matt and Savannah being on repeat from the east coast airing. Will Matt & Savannah now stick around on set to as late as 11:30am ET?

Also I'm very skeptical they'll have a third hour pairing of Al, Willie, Tamron & Billy. That's too much man. I almost guarantee we'll see a new woman brought along whether that be Erica, Dylan or Sheinelle (or dare I say Kelly Ripa)

How will they feasibly go without a news anchor? The news anchor is the easiest way for them to update the broadcast for the West Coast edition. Whenever news breaks Natalie (or Tamron) would update the 8am news update despite Matt and Savannah being on repeat from the east coast airing. Will Matt & Savannah now stick around on set to as late as 11:30am ET?

Also I'm very skeptical they'll have a third hour pairing of Al, Willie, Tamron & Billy. That's too much man. I almost guarantee we'll see a new woman brought along whether that be Erica, Dylan or Sheinelle (or dare I say Kelly Ripa)

Erica was demoted from Weekend Today and had to take a massive pay cut to stay at NBC. She's not getting out ok weekday Today.

Sheinelle doesn't have the gravitas they want for the 9am hour.

Kelly Ripa is currently getting paid insane amounts of money to host 5 hours of random yapping a week. Plus if she wanted to do the network morning show, she would have accepted GMA when they offered it to her.

They only possible scenario of yours could be Dylan, if they are looking to ease her in to eventually replace Al, but also make her more palatable other than just weather (a la Ginger Zee.)