Today Show

todayshowproducer

More details are emerging from NBC News itself.

Here's the news from NewscastStudio:

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2015/08/31/more-today-studio-1a-renovation-details-emerge/?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=FBPost

Most telling:

• A report that the rotating turntable will remain.
  • The floor is being reworked
  • The wall coverings will be updated
  • The Orange Room is expanding

More details are emerging from NBC News itself.

Here's the news from NewscastStudio:

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2015/08/31/more-today-studio-1a-renovation-details-emerge/?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=FBPost

Most telling:

• A report that the rotating turntable will remain.
  • The floor is being reworked
  • The wall coverings will be updated
  • The Orange Room is expanding

Basically what we've been saying on here. I've been emailing them updates for days

• Like 1

GMA leading the way in more ways than just ratings. Pretty sure the "new" orange room will be much more similar in concept to GMA's social square

Didn't Today reveal their Orange Room first, followed by GMA's Social Square? I thought that's what it was, just that GMA came up with the idea first.

• Like 1

Didn't Today reveal their Orange Room first, followed by GMA's Social Square? I thought that's what it was, just that GMA came up with the idea first.

Yes and it was also speculated that the Orange Room was built a quick add that Today decided on when they caught wind that GMA was preparing to create the Social Square.

Is Tamron about to be demoted from TODAY?

According to reports from yesterday and today it says she will be taking over the 10am slot on MSNBC. TODAY Show Third Hour end at 10, before her show airing at 11 work because it gave her an hour to g go across the street and prepare for Newsnation. But if she take over 10 it would be impossible unless she did the show from Studio 1A but that unlikely.

Is Tamron about to be demoted from TODAY?

According to reports from yesterday and today it says she will be taking over the 10am slot on MSNBC. TODAY Show Third Hour end at 10, before her show airing at 11 work because it gave her an hour to g go across the street and prepare for Newsnation. But if she take over 10 it would be impossible unless she did the show from Studio 1A but that unlikely.

She will still be on today in the same compacity. She anchors the 3rd hour of Today which starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 10 a.m. She will also anchor the 11 a.m. MSNBC Live time spot so nothing really change but the name. I believe Kate Snow will anchor the 10 a.m. news after Morning Joe ends.

This link is saying the following:

Morning Joe 6-10am

Tamron 10am-Noon

Andrea Noon-1pm

Thomas Roberts 1-3pm

Kate Snow 3-5pm

Chuck Todd 5pm

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/exclusive-msnbc-to-expand-morning-joe-one-more-hour-kate-snow-gets-afternoon-role/

So that wouldn't leave time for Tamron to do the third hour of Today and get over to MSNBC.

She will still be on today in the same compacity. She anchors the 3rd hour of Today which starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 10 a.m. She will also anchor the 11 a.m. MSNBC Live time spot so nothing really change but the name. I believe Kate Snow will anchor the 10 a.m. news after Morning Joe ends.

Sources are saying she will most likely be bump down to 10 and anchor until noon. If she does TODAY at 9 and then her show at 10 there is no way she has enough time to go form studio 1A to across the street to MSNBC Studio to do her show. so likely if she does take over 10AM slot on MSNBC she will be leaving TODAY. when it was 11 she had an hour to prepare and go over,etc,.

Changes are coming TODAY eventually but Andy is fixing the mess that is MSNBc. Jamie Horowitz wanted to demote Tamron last year.

• Like 1

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/source-diaz-balart-to-remain-on-msnbc-weekdays-but-loses-2nd-hour-of-the-rundown/

Update from Joe Concha... Looks like Tamron anchoring from 10am-12pm is false...He is now saying the schedule will look like this :

Morning Joe 6-10am

The Rundown with Jose Diaz Balart 10-11am

NewsNation with Tamron Hall 11am-12pm... and so on.

• Like 1

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/source-diaz-balart-to-remain-on-msnbc-weekdays-but-loses-2nd-hour-of-the-rundown/

Update from Joe Concha... Looks like Tamron anchoring from 10am-12pm is false...He is now saying the schedule will look like this :

Morning Joe 6-10am

The Rundown with Jose Diaz Balart 10-11am

NewsNation with Tamron Hall 11am-12pm... and so on.

Thanks for sharing that. I heard that Willie may get a Primeitme show on MSNBC but it too early to say.

I think Willie will be Matt successor and I am starting to think Matt will leave at the end of next year.

I'm still not convinced that Matt will leave when his contract expires. Here's why:

A.) Willie doesn't have the name/brand recognition that Matt has

B.) With the stiff competition between Today and GMA, not a good idea to make such a big change(s).

C.) With the Brian Williams situation, NBC may want some stability and avoid being the center of the tabloids.

D.) Lauer has his supporters within the network and at Comcast

E.) The Ann Curry situation has died down, and most people have moved on.

Maybe in 5 years, they'll make drastic changes, but for the next year or so it would be extremely risky (and stupid) to make any changes.

• Like 1

Matt seems to be well liked inside NBC News, this is probably one of the reasons why they halted the planned reboot last year -- he was strongly against it and the right people listened to his wishes (it pays to have friends in the right places). I feel like you're right about NBC News, they are in the midst of rebooting MSNBC right now and I doubt that are actually thinking about replacing Matt on the Today show, which isn't doing that bad anyways. They probably believe that they have some momentum to fully overtake GMA, which is debatable. I'm not really a fan the current state of GMA (which has become a QVC, MTV's TRL, Inside Edition and Entertainment Tonight all-in-one) but I still marvel how they are still on top, I think there's a perceived notion that GMA's cast has better chemistry than Today's. Personally, I don't think Matt ever fully recovered from the awkward Ann Curry incident, which pretty much hurt his public persona, there needs to a an eventual shake-up, but it's not happening anytime soon.

• Like 2

I didn't think I'd like a smaller desk, but this one is very well-done, and a fixed camera angle on the anchors is so much better, too. I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Orange Room could've maintained a little more of its namesake, and, whether orange, blue, something neutral, or some other color, I think the couch area would be even better with another pop of color.

• Like 2

I love this new look of Today.

• The white colors and palette make it (obviously) much more brighter and clearer; it's like a window was covered up this whole time, and they finally released the curtain.

ncs_today-show_02.jpg

The couch area is the best part. The whites show off the most, and and the subtle hint of orange make it so much better than under the look of the last design.

11143375_10153661610391350_6297082437818949566_o.jpg

And, I'll be honest. I love and hate the new desk. I actually loved the last desk for how uniquely wooden it was, and how the logo looked etched in it. This one is really nice, but I felt some type of envy towards it. And when I first saw it, it looked like the colored part was a reddish color, other than orange. The Today logo looks really nice, and is a good reprise of the 2006 desk. And the smaller size is oddly nice.

ncs_today-show_03.jpg

The Orange Room is very nice under the expansion. The white look is oddly cool, but there should've been some of the namesake color in there, which makes it odd.

Also, there are new on-screen graphics (other than the L3) which look really good.

At the end of the day, this new-look Today is so great. The look around is just perfect and reminds me fondly of the 2006 set, but without the sterility and dullness of it, thanks to the pops of Orange all around. I do think it needs a little more Orange in places of White, but other than that, it's awesome.

• Like 1

The new desk is SO. MUCH. BETTER. Hell, frankly, ALL of it is so much better! This is what the set should have been to start off with. White is a Today Show color, and the use it well. Everything is so much lighter, and the anchor area looks much improved with that new desk. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the base was larger so you couldn't see Natalie or Al's legs, but I won't complain too much. It's better than what was there before.

Good job, bravo. A-.

• Like 1