Today Show

todayshowproducer

Here's a video a post on NewscastStudio (excuse the blurry, hand-holding picture):

Not a fan. I actually thought the last one they had was one of the best morning news opens. This new one is just a hyped of version of something that belongs back in the 1990s.

I think that if you took out the background of 30 Rock and used the camera shots they used before, it would look much better and less tabloid-like to many of you. I think it looks great now, but maybe even better with that change (and the addition of NBC NEWS under the peacock).

I love the open, and to me, it seems newsier in areas of the graphics (lowers, transitions).

The older opens are bland and slow compared to this.

The updated music is nice as well.

Precisely, it's more energetic than the previous one

Also, if they are going to have both anchors appear at the end, they should have them go back and forth and both introduce a story. Matt looks silly standing their when he didn't read anything. Or have one person do the entire open and have one stand their. It just looks unorganized

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Carson Daly subbed for Lester (i guess if they're still calling it that) this morning.

While I don't think he has the credibility to front a weekday morning news program anytime soon (besides he has the entertainment stuff to do, anyway), I think he did a really good job here, as the weekend show is more looser and fun than the more serious weekday show. He really fits along with the ladies. He won't be at the top of my list of personalities to replace him (if/when NBC makes it official), but he will be on my list nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting thought process...This morning while watching the Today Show I noticed some nifty lower thirds during an awkward segment about using everyday items to remove stains and crap. We all know Today updated opening graphics a bit ago, and I've been waiting for a change on the rest of the package since. They would of course have to re-work the logo bug and headline ticker...they could change the yellow to orange with white text or white with orange text since they seem to be going towards a white, yellow and orange theme. Opinions? Presentation1.jpg

Interesting thought process...This morning while watching the Today Show I noticed some nifty lower thirds during an awkward segment about using everyday items to remove stains and crap. We all know Today updated opening graphics a bit ago, and I've been waiting for a change on the rest of the package since. They would of course have to re-work the logo bug and headline ticker...they could change the yellow to orange with white text or white with orange text since they seem to be going towards a white, yellow and orange theme. Opinions? Presentation1.jpg

My opinion? Beer is for drinking. Not removing stains. :awesome:

I spent 10 minutes on powerpoint making this. Not sure I completely like the bug or ticker. Opinions? (on the graphic not the beer NYNewslover :p )Presentation1.jpg

Hmmm... I'm not a fan of this concept at all. The orange/yellow rectangular bar at the top of the L3 just doesn't go with the angled blue box below it. It looks incongruous to me. What's the point of making the main body of the L3 way smaller than it needs to be? All that translucent white area just seems like an awkward waste of space.

Hmmm... I'm not a fan of this concept at all. The orange/yellow rectangular bar at the top of the L3 just doesn't go with the angled blue box below it. It looks incongruous to me. What's the point of making the main body of the L3 way smaller than it needs to be? All that translucent white area just seems like an awkward waste of space.

I've actually edited it because I agree about the wasted space.DFGHJ.jpg