Today Show

todayshowproducer

EricaHill214156.jpg

I still love the versatility of this section of the set. It's much better than the big GMA screens. I like how you can make them one or split them up (like even during a segment) into six single screens. Makes for a great interview and other segments! I think the Today Show scored big time with this update.]

I like it how the individual panels can be angled where the camera blocking can make it appear (at times) to be that they are sitting directly in front of the panel.

The GMA panels are just too big to the point where they overshadow the talent. The panels on Today probably max out at 8 feet off the ground while at times GMA's look to be about 12 feet.

• 3 weeks later...

In a throwback to late 2012, TODAY started off with just Matt and Savannah at the desk, but there were mugs place where Natalie and Al would be. I thought it was interesting because the desk is so big and is made for multiple people, so just two looked weird. Natalie and Carson later joined at 7:16.

• 4 weeks later...

In a throwback to late 2012, TODAY started off with just Matt and Savannah at the desk, but there were mugs place where Natalie and Al would be. I thought it was interesting because the desk is so big and is made for multiple people, so just two looked weird. Natalie and Carson later joined at 7:16.

They have opened the show lately with their backs to the outside instead of the normal backs to studio. Yesterday morning, they also only had Matt and Savannah at the desk for the open. Any reason why these changes? Is it temporary or not?

TODAY Show is my favorite Morning Show, I watch it every morning and can't start my day without it. I have been watching it since the Bryant/Katie days.

My favorites of the current team is Savannah, Natalie, Willie, Matt. I really don't have a least favorite except for I do not like Kathie Lee and I can do without Tamron. Other then them I like everyone else. I have gotten use to Carson and think he been a good addition. He okay when he fills in for Matt but I would prefer Willie. Just as long as h does the lighter News stories and Savannah does all the Hard NEws stories and Politics he okay.

They have opened the show lately with their backs to the outside instead of the normal backs to studio. Yesterday morning, they also only had Matt and Savannah at the desk for the open. Any reason why these changes? Is it temporary or not?

I have notice that over the last few weeks too. Some day Al and Natalie will be there right at the beginning but other days they aren't and don't show up until after the first news story. This morning they were there at the beginning. I am not sure why they have change that or why some days are and other they are not. It like they can't make up their mind on what they should do. I say leave it as it has been for two years now.

I do like Natalie sitting at the same desk as Matt and Savannah now. It adds for more Banter and better use of the News-anchor. Before you really didn't see the News-anchor very much. it was very little interaction with them except when it was time for their news briefs and at 8:30 outside on the plaza with maybe one or two segment where they were seen.

I think they should have done this years ago during the Katie and Matt era.

• 1 month later...

Speculation is back that Natalie is on the way out. Reports say Hoda would replace her as newsreader and that she would go to Dateline.

http://pagesix.com/2015/05/01/natalie-morales-out-at-today/

Pure speculation on me but if Lester officially takes over weeknights, she would make a great weekend NN anchor.

Question is, would Hoda remain on TFHOTS if (IF) she replaces Natalie?

Yeah, only the open changed. It looks very good, but it doesn't match the in-show graphics. The theme also got a reorchestration, dropping much of the percussion and strings for a cool electric guitar accompaniment. It sounds great in the headline bed, but leaves much as be desired in the open, as much of the theme's hook was lost with the dumped instrumentation.

The font is amazing the use of colors and shapes is astonishing.

Not to mention how beautifully awesome the 3D rendering of 30 Rock is.

It's so perfect, aside from my little gripe about how it doesn't say NBC NEWS underneath the peacock.

I agree. I wish the NBC NEWS insignia was under the peacock though. Probably not hard to add in after a while.

I think this teaser and open is one of the best Today has ever had.

It's alright. I don't really like how "static" it is just holding the image of 30 Rock, and I think the names are a little flashy and the font makes it look tabloid. I also prefer the old headline graphics.

However it does still look cool. The open almost conveys a since of power.

Here's a video a post on NewscastStudio (excuse the blurry, hand-holding picture):

I'm personally not a fan of it. It doesn't match the graphics of the show and I think it makes it look even more like a tabloid show and less of a morning NBC News program.

I'm personally not a fan of it. It doesn't match the graphics of the show and I think it makes it look even more like a tabloid show and less of a morning NBC News program.

The animated/vector looking render of Rockefeller plaza looks too much like KLG and Hoda's open