The Fox 29 News/Good Day Philadelphia Thread

Jess

Good Day is taking the show on the road every Friday instead of doing the Down at the Shore segments. I wonder if Fox29 will be doing Orr at the Shore instead.

Good Day is doing their show from Ocean City, NJ this Friday and Wildwood one Friday in July.

Good Day is taking the show on the road every Friday instead of doing the Down at the Shore segments. I wonder if Fox29 will be doing Orr at the Shore instead.

Kathy Orr did "Orr Down The Shore" from Wildwood on her 5 & 6 PM newscasts tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
Is Kathy Orr basically the Chief Meteorologist? She does the 5 & 10pm news and she will also be doing the 11pm show once it starts. Then Scott Williams just does the 6pm Newscast

My guess is yes, but I thought Scott was leaving.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Quincy Harris has his own show coming to FOX29 that will be at noon Monday-Friday. It will be called "The Q"

All the good luck should go to him because for sure, they will lose against WPVI's Channel 6 Action News at Noon. Put an entertainment kind of program against WPVI and it will lose. This will be a ratings failure.

Quincy Harris has his own show coming to FOX29 that will be at noon Monday-Friday. It will be called "The Q"

All the good luck should go to him because for sure, they will lose against WPVI's Channel 6 Action News at Noon. Put an entertainment kind of program against WPVI and it will lose. This will be a ratings failure.

Yeah, I don't think it'll last either.

Putting it up against Action News and Days of our Lives is bounds for a quick death. Even KYW might destroy it.

I think a test run is a more viable option.

I like the guy a lot, but a segment on Good Day is a better place for him than a whole timeslot hours after.

How competitive is Days, one of the last soaps on the air? I imagine he'll chip away at KYW. Or at least I hope so. Who doesn't miss "The 10! Show"?!

It's exciting that 29 is trying an 11pm that will likely be third (at best) and now is also taking a chance on something local instead of taking TD Jakes or "TMZ: Pets" (which reminds me- how's "Top 30"?). Props to FOX29 for the addition of Quincy to the morning rotation. He's a great fit.

Alright, fantasy schedule time- noon is currently "Divorce Court" and "Inside Edition". Does "Q" get the full hour? Where are they going to fit in "Harry" come September?

How competitive is Days, one of the last soaps on the air? I imagine he'll chip away at KYW. Or at least I hope so. Who doesn't miss "The 10! Show"?!

It's exciting that 29 is trying an 11pm that will likely be third (at best) and now is also taking a chance on something local instead of taking TD Jakes or "TMZ: Pets" (which reminds me- how's "Top 30"?). Props to FOX29 for the addition of Quincy to the morning rotation. He's a great fit.

Alright, fantasy schedule time- noon is currently "Divorce Court" and "Inside Edition". Does "Q" get the full hour? Where are they going to fit in "Harry" come September?

Guess Harry at 2pm and Divorce Court at 12:30. We lose Dish Nation repeat and Inside Edition repeat in afternoon, and Top 30 is only for summer.

It looks like the new set will debut on August 1st because I saw a commercial on FOX29 promoting their new 11pm show that starts on August 1st and it showed a time lapse video of the new set being built.