The Fox 29 News/Good Day Philadelphia Thread

Jess

I think that all of the anchors on FOX 29 news are 100 percent bad. I noticed on the evening newscasts, they don't even say good night and or thanks for watching to us the viewers. I will never watch FOX 29 again. That is very disconcerting to us the viewers. All the other anchors on the other stations say good night, but not the FOX 29 anchors. That's dumb

Julius you should understand something...

Sometimes the anchors get in a pissy mood...

...and they take it out on viewers like you.

They KNOW you are talking smack behind their backs because they can SEE and HEAR you thru the TV screen.

Amazing what today's TV sets can do.

Once you stop watching...they will buck-up and start saying "goodnight" and "have a pleasant tomorrow".

Did you know In England they say "Cheerio" to the happy viewers?

How cool is that Julius?

Maybe a CW or METV newscast would be better suited for you?

Our point is they ( the FOX 29 News Anchors) don't like you....

...they were gonna fire you as a viewer anyway.

Sorry for the bad news.

• Like 5

I think that all of the anchors on FOX 29 news are 100 percent bad. I noticed on the evening newscasts, they don't even say good night and or thanks for watching to us the viewers. I will never watch FOX 29 again. That is very disconcerting to us the viewers. All the other anchors on the other stations say good night, but not the FOX 29 anchors. That's dumb

Julius you should understand something...

Sometimes the anchors get in a pissy mood...

...and they take it out on viewers like you.

They KNOW you are talking smack behind their backs because they can SEE and HEAR you thru the TV screen.

Amazing what today's TV sets can do.

Once you stop watching...they will buck-up and start saying "goodnight" and "have a pleasant tomorrow".

Did you know In England they say "Cheerio" to the happy viewers?

How cool is that Julius?

Maybe a CW or METV newscast would be better suited for you?

Our point is they ( the FOX 29 News Anchors) don't like you....

...they were gonna fire you as a viewer anyway.

Sorry for the bad news.

One troll answering another troll. What has this site come to? FYI Julius has been Philadelphia News troll since pre-TVNewstalk days.

It's ok...

You can BOTH be my friend.

Kisses!

Eat, it’s much more fun if we’re frenemies. I think others would prefer it that way too as that is their only source of entertainment besides your bad jokes. We can make peace one day, just not today.

Hugs!

Eat, it’s much more fun if we’re frenemies. I think others would prefer it that way too as that is their only source of entertainment besides your bad jokes. We can make peace one day, just not today.

Hugs!

Thanks,

I need a break for a few days...I can beat on you later in the week if it works better for you busy schedule.

I have carpool this week, and all this winning is kinda tiring.

SmookieDookie Snuggle Bunnie!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Lucy and Iain do a great job, it would be a mistake to replace them.

I don't understand why they separated the 2 from the Monday-Thursday evening newscasts. Lucy solo anchoring the 5 PM, 10 PM news, Iain the 6 PM and 11 PM news. They only anchor together on the Sunday evening newscasts. Can anyone explain to me why that is? Its been that way for a while now. Before this, Lucy and Iain anchored the 5-6:30 PM and 10 PM Monday-Thursday news together and Lucy solo anchored the 11 PM Monday-Thursday newscasts.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Other FOX O&O stations won't be cutting back so this ain't happening.

They are doing much better than Philly. They don't have to deal with the powerhouses of 6 and 10. As long as 6 and 10 dominate the ratings , fox 29 doesn't stand a chance .

They are doing much better than Philly. They don't have to deal with the powerhouses of 6 and 10. As long as 6 and 10 dominate the ratings , fox 29 doesn't stand a chance .

Its clear to me and not to the posters on this board that the station must make changes to their news division now, if they want to stay around or fox might as well outsource the news programming on fox 29.

• Like 1

I can see fox 29 cutting the 5-6:30 p and 11 pm Monday to Friday newscasts along with good day weekend and the 6 pm Saturday and Sunday newscasts.

I only see fox 29 promoting the good day Philadelphia and the 10 pm news. I wonder will they cancel some newscasts and stick with those 2 shows ?

Julius I think this is the dumbest conversation I’ve ever heard on one of these threads you’re entertaining something that isn’t even brought up into existence the only prevelant question I have for a FOX O&O is why WNYW didn’t go through with the noon newscast and of course the set but pretty much everyone has let that go since they’ve gotten the new couch and backdrop which probably means there gonna be there for a while.

• Like 3

Its clear to me and not to the posters on this board that the station must make changes to their news division now, if they want to stay around or fox might as well outsource the news programming on fox 29.

With respect, that’s likely because a good number of “the posters on this board” are employed by or have experience with stations in this market or others, and may be more keenly aware of the economics that drive business decisions in this industry.

We are each certainly welcome to our opinions, but I do think we need to thoughtfully consider the perspective of those actually working in the trenches.

Perhaps it’s the case that ratings aren’t the only metric driving business decision. Maybe the station profits more from producing and selling advertisements for a newscast than syndicated fare.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well said . regardless , changes I think are still needed at fox 29 if they have any chance of surviving long term as a news operation and compete with 6 and 10. Fox 29 should get out of the news business if they strongly feel they can no longer compete or to perhaps cut costs.

• 2 weeks later...