Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
HulkieD

The Fox 29 News/Good Day Philadelphia Thread

Alrighty Julius. I'm going to be blunt and explain to you why WTXF and KYW will keep running newscasts despite "ratings woes".

MONEY!

As long as WTXF and KYW can sell ad rates at a decent amount and turn a profit, then ratings won't matter as much as you and I would think. That's why WTXF and KYW expanded its news output because they can keep all the revenue in-house rather than sharing it with a syndicator.

• Like 5

Dave Schratwieser looks to be hanging up his mic

[MEDIA=twitter]1048035154625798149[/MEDIA]

Noooooooo!

Seriously one of the best ever.

• Like 1

Haven't really watched Fox 29/Good Day in awhile but I noticed they're now using a cut of Beyond for their breaking news stinger. Not sure when that started.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Haven't really watched Fox 29/Good Day in awhile but I noticed they're now using a cut of Beyond for their breaking news stinger. Not sure when that started.

About a year ago.....

They actually use two different cues from Beyond for stingers. One for "Breaking News" and for "Developing Story".

Edited by Guest
  • Like 5

Fox 29 will never be relevant and be successful in the ratings as long as 6 and 10 are around doing news. 29 has a lot of issues they need to fix with their news division .

• Like 1

Fox 29 will never be relevant and be successful in the ratings as long as 6 and 10 are around doing news. 29 has a lot of issues they need to fix with their news division .

and... you're wrong again! Just stop posting because you have no clue how local news works https://t.co/HHxrW05s2W

• Like 6

It looks like WTXF has launched a version of KSAZ's "News Now" rolling news stream on their Youtube page. I saw Steve Keeley post a screenshot from it yesterday and I believe they start streaming when Good Day ends at 10 with an undetermined end time based on the last few days' streams archived on the page.

Actually, scrolling back on their YT page it appears this actually launched on July 11th. I stream Good Day every morning and have seen zero mention of this on-air or during breaks.

Posted (edited)

And that's a wrap on Iain Paige who will move on from WTXF at the end of the month after 6 years with the station http://www.philly.com/entertainment/tv/iain-page-leaves-fox--20190108.html

Now if only they can somehow make Lucy exclusive to the 11pm show I might try watching their 10pm again

Edited by PhillyWatch
Name spelling