The Fox 29 News/Good Day Philadelphia Thread

Jess

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty Julius. I'm going to be blunt and explain to you why WTXF and KYW will keep running newscasts despite "ratings woes".

MONEY!

As long as WTXF and KYW can sell ad rates at a decent amount and turn a profit, then ratings won't matter as much as you and I would think. That's why WTXF and KYW expanded its news output because they can keep all the revenue in-house rather than sharing it with a syndicator.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't really watched Fox 29/Good Day in awhile but I noticed they're now using a cut of Beyond for their breaking news stinger. Not sure when that started.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Haven't really watched Fox 29/Good Day in awhile but I noticed they're now using a cut of Beyond for their breaking news stinger. Not sure when that started.

About a year ago.....

They actually use two different cues from Beyond for stingers. One for "Breaking News" and for "Developing Story".

Edited by Guest
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks like WTXF has launched a version of KSAZ's "News Now" rolling news stream on their Youtube page. I saw Steve Keeley post a screenshot from it yesterday and I believe they start streaming when Good Day ends at 10 with an undetermined end time based on the last few days' streams archived on the page.

Actually, scrolling back on their YT page it appears this actually launched on July 11th. I stream Good Day every morning and have seen zero mention of this on-air or during breaks.

• 4 weeks later...

And that's a wrap on Iain Paige who will move on from WTXF at the end of the month after 6 years with the station http://www.philly.com/entertainment/tv/iain-page-leaves-fox--20190108.html

Now if only they can somehow make Lucy exclusive to the 11pm show I might try watching their 10pm again

Edited by PhillyWatch
Name spelling

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TVNewsLover said:

So I guess they plan on sticking with the solo anchor format for all their evening shows. 😞

Shaina, in my opinion, has become a rising star in this business, especially since becoming one at KCCI after launching their 9:00 p.m. news.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting news today: Fox 29 is moving their locally produced game show, The ClassH-Room, to 6:30pm weeknights starting March 4.  Episode here if you want to see:

Either the show is doing really well at noon, or it’s a cheaper alternative to Page Six TV.  Either way it’s actually nice to see.  It’s good to see a local station produce more than dozens of hours of news.

• Like 2

I’m thinking it might be just to get some more eyeballs on the show - or at least eyeballs from its intended audience, who I strongly suspect can’t check out the show at midday because they’re at school or parents are at work.

• Like 1

Take into account that "Top 30" recently ended production so they have some wiggle room in the schedule. 6:30 has become one of the slots where FOX O&O's have done test runs in recent past. Maybe they're testing the waters for potentially pairing it with "25 Words Or Less" come fall somewhere on the schedule.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 9:44 PM, PhillyWatch said:

Dave Schratwieser looks to be hanging up his mic

[MEDIA=twitter]1048035154625798149[/MEDIA]

I turned on the 11PM Fox 29 News a few days ago (5/28 or 5/29) and Dave was giving a report.  His bio is still on their website, too.