The Fox 29 News/Good Day Philadelphia Thread

Jess

• 2 weeks later...

T

If FOX brass in NYC or LA were smart, they should cut a deal and stop in house news operations at FOX 29 and let another TV station in town air the news on FOX 29 via outsourcing . Sooner or later, they have to stop the bleeding. The FOX 29 on-air news product is not drawing ratings anymore, no matter what the on-air people do. They are in last place for a reason.

100% false.. None of you have the ratings you just GUESS. The article talked about only the 6pm. Fox is #3 in the market at 5pm and #1 at 10pm (beating Action News on PHL 17). Furthermore the 11pm on FOX was #3 beating KYW again!! The station is #1 in the mornings 6-10am.. which has been the case for several years.

Riddle me this hot shot.. Would you add not only a weekend morning show but an 11pm show (which costs more money to staff) if you were not doing well???

T

100% false.. None of you have the ratings you just GUESS. The article talked about only the 6pm. Fox is #3 in the market at 5pm and #1 at 10pm (beating Action News on PHL 17). Furthermore the 11pm on FOX was #3 beating KYW again!! The station is #1 in the mornings 6-10am.. which has been the case for several years.

Riddle me this hot shot.. Would you add not only a weekend morning show but an 11pm show (which costs more money to staff) if you were not doing well???

Not doubting that everyone else’s ratings reports are “guesses”, but what makes yours any different? Sounds like a guess to me, unless you have proof to back it up.

• Like 1

Not doubting that everyone else’s ratings reports are “guesses”, but what makes yours any different? Sounds like a guess to me, unless you have proof to back it up.

Would love to show to set the record straight .. but you cannot share propriatory data publicly at risk of being sued per agreements with the company! Only can express percentage growth ect.

I can buy the #1 at 10p counterpoint--I would certainly hope they are given they're more established there and it's the signature newscast--but as I understand it is close between them and 17 some, if not most days.

I could also buy the beating KYW at 11 argument because, unfortunately, 3's product is just so dire now (Ukee deserves way better IMO--as much as I love an attempt at WCCO East you just can't do that in Philly.)

If they're #3 at 5, that would actually be a decline--I can remember when that news clocked in second place, backed by Judy, which still does quite well at 4PM.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/fox-stations-expanding-news-across-nine-markets/202848

I wonder why WTXF is not on this list. Are they thinking about closing up the news operation of WTXF-TV. Their ratings have not been great for quite sometime and their news product is not really good. I wonder what is really going on at WTXF-29?

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/fox-stations-expanding-news-across-nine-markets/202848

I wonder why WTXF is not on this list. Are they thinking about closing up the news operation of WTXF-TV. Their ratings have not been great for quite sometime and their news product is not really good. I wonder what is really going on at WTXF-29?

THEY'RE NOT SHUTTING DOWN THE NEWS OPERATION.

• Like 7

They are not shutting it down. Their 10pm news is still quite well, even if sometimes they're being beaten by WPVI's news on WPHL.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone think its time for replace the current anchors for new ones for its evening newscasts and perhaps Good Day Philadelphia to improve the station's image to viewers ?

Maybe the evening...They would have to hire from outside. But Good Day is typically #1\#2 typically so they will NEVER change that dynamic

• Like 2

Maybe the evening...They would have to hire from outside. But Good Day is typically #1\#2 typically so they will NEVER change that dynamic

Lucy Noland and Iain Page needs to go. They are both 100 percent bad at anchoring the news on FOX 29.

I noticed that Lucy Noland wasn't anchoring during the Bill Cosby verdict coverage today. She wasn't on last night either . I really wonder has the station let Lucy go or is she taking time off?

Lucy has since returned.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think that FOX 29 will likely make changes to its evening newscasts and hire new anchors and replace the current ones and do you think that more changes are needed to fix their news operation?

• Like 1

Does anyone think that FOX 29 will likely make changes to its evening newscasts and hire new anchors and replace the current ones and do you think that more changes are needed to fix their news operation?

if there does...likely won't happen until after the May book. You'll more than likely see major changes at KYW involving their AM team

if there does...likely won't happen until after the May book. You'll more than likely see major changes at KYW involving their AM team

CBS 3 and FOX 29 are the 2 news operations that have a lot of problems with their newscasts and on-air talent.

CBS 3 and FOX 29 are the 2 news operations that have a lot of problems with their newscasts and on-air talent.

Can you elaborate? What are the "a lot of problems"? If it's purely ratings based then one of them is in a much harder spot than the other. Fox GDP hit #1 for 7-9a during May '18 book and and their 10p product is #1. Can't say the same about the other network. KYW is dead last in every time period. From a monetary standpoint weak news operations are able to make up lack of ratings\AD sales during prime-time programming.

• Like 1

Can you elaborate? What are the "a lot of problems"? If it's purely ratings based then one of them is in a much harder spot than the other. Fox GDP hit #1 for 7-9a during May '18 book and and their 10p product is #1. Can't say the same about the other network. KYW is dead last in every time period. From a monetary standpoint weak news operations are able to make up lack of ratings\AD sales during prime-time programming.

I would simply say, their overall news products are horrible. 6 and 10 are far better and more committed to news

• 2 weeks later...

There needs to be wholesale changes at 4th and Market. They will never be the number 1 rated news in the market, unless they let some people go and bring in new talent for their newscasts, and perhaps a new news director. The way things are with their news product is unwatchable.

• Like 1

I think that all of the anchors on FOX 29 news are 100 percent bad. I noticed on the evening newscasts, they don't even say good night and or thanks for watching to us the viewers. I will never watch FOX 29 again. That is very disconcerting to us the viewers. All the other anchors on the other stations say good night, but not the FOX 29 anchors. That's dumb

• Like 1

I think that all of the anchors on FOX 29 news are 100 percent bad. I noticed on the evening newscasts, they don't even say good night and or thanks for watching to us the viewers. I will never watch FOX 29 again. That is very disconcerting to us the viewers. All the other anchors on the other stations say good night, but not the FOX 29 anchors. That's dumb

Dude we got it after your 2nd post in a row. Too bad you're the minority seeing as WPVIs 10pm on PHL still hasn't beat them at 10 and mornings are profitable for them. If you need someone to say good night call your mom.

• Like 2

What the heck is this all about - was your highlight reel rejected by the station? Seems like you have a personal vendetta more so than displeasure with the news product.

• Like 3