The Fox 29 News/Good Day Philadelphia Thread

Jess

Chs 3, 6, and 10 are starting their morning news at 4AM Thursday to cover the snow. Ch 29 normally starts at 4, but tomorrow they're starting at 3:30AM to get the jump on all the important news at that hour. I wonder if that extra half hour will affect the February ratings book?

Chs 3, 6, and 10 are starting their morning news at 4AM Thursday to cover the snow. Ch 29 normally starts at 4, but tomorrow they're starting at 3:30AM to get the jump on all the important news at that hour. I wonder if that extra half hour will affect the February ratings book?

Do they even measure ratings during that half-hour? I really doubt it'd make any difference.

In any event I would say we're through the looking glass here but WCAU did 3am news a few years back so...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was home tonight for the first time in a while and decided to catch Fox 29 News at 10. One thing though call me off guard was them playing different songs as they we're going to commercial breaks.

Just just curious to know how long they have been doing this and what do you guys think of this idea? I know 29 tends to be different.

• Like 1

I was home tonight for the first time in a while and decided to catch Fox 29 News at 10. One thing though call me off guard was them playing different songs as they we're going to commercial breaks.

Just just curious to know how long they have been doing this and what do you guys think of this idea? I know 29 tends to be different.

They've been doing that for a few years now.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fox 29's local program The Q hosted by Quincy Harris will have a four-week trial in the month of June, airing on seven other O&Os including Fox 5 in NYC & Fox 11 in LA.

The other stations are WAGA/Atlanta, WJBK/Detroit, KUTP/Phoenix, WFTC/Minneapolis, & WMYT/Charlotte.

The Q is one of seven shows that will be aired under a trial basis on selective Fox O&Os throughout the summer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know what the heck is going on but I noticed that Lucy Noland is solo anchoring the 5 PM and 10 PM news and Iain page is solo anchoring the 6 and 11 PM news, Monday-Thursday for the last few weeks? What is going on?

• Like 4

I don't know what the heck is going on but I noticed that Lucy Noland is solo anchoring the 5 PM and 10 PM news and Iain page is solo anchoring the 6 and 11 PM news, Monday-Thursday for the last few weeks? What is going on?

Maybe one is an Eagles fan and one is a Patriots fan and they just..can't..work..together. ;)

• Like 1

FOX 29 news is 100 percent bad, in every aspect. I don't know how much longer will FOX keep this operation going here in Philly . FOX is wasting a lot of money on a product that no one watches. Everyone watches 3, 6 and 10 for news.

• 3 weeks later...
FOX 29 news is 100 percent bad, in every aspect. I don't know how much longer will FOX keep this operation going here in Philly . FOX is wasting a lot of money on a product that no one watches. Everyone watches 3, 6 and 10 for news.

Yep, I'd rather watcher either of those 3 than fox29.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

If FOX brass in NYC or LA were smart, they should cut a deal and stop in house news operations at FOX 29 and let another TV station in town air the news on FOX 29 via outsourcing . Sooner or later, they have to stop the bleeding. The FOX 29 on-air news product is not drawing ratings anymore, no matter what the on-air people do. They are in last place for a reason.

If FOX brass in NYC or LA were smart, they should cut a deal and stop in house news operations at FOX 29 and let another TV station in town air the news on FOX 29 via outsourcing . Sooner or later, they have to stop the bleeding. The FOX 29 on-air news product is not drawing ratings anymore, no matter what the on-air people do. They are in last place for a reason.

You're not wrong, but I'd miss some of the on-air talent that's been there since the good old days (Dave Schratweiser, Bruce Gordon, et. al.), but the station took a sharp nosedive when they lost the pairing of Dave and Dawn. I don't really their adoption of the FNC-inspired O&O look really helped matters, either.

#bringbackTolley

• Like 1