The Fox 29 News/Good Day Philadelphia Thread

Jess

Did FOX29 say when the new set will be complete?

Tomorrow!

Really though, most of the time the debut date for new sets is on or right before the start of the next sweeps period. Late April is a good early guess for ALL the new sets that are under construction right now.

• Like 4

An article from the Delco Times says Mike & Alex will be in the window at 4th and Market for 20 consecutive hours interacting with passers-by to celebrate the anniversary, but I'm not sure if it'll be a straight broadcast. I'm figuring it'll be a streaming event (or maybe they could air it on the currently nonexistent 29.3). Also an interesting tidbit from the article is that Donya Archer will be back during the week of April 4th, though there was little other information on that. With the anniversary celebration scheduled to last all month, could they let Alex take off and have Donya anchor for a day or two (or five)?

Friday should be a blast, as should April. Cheers to Good Day!

(All this also makes for a prime opportunity to debut that new set)

You know what would also be great? If Sheinelle would be there too. The show was the local powerhouse it deserved to be thanks to the pairing of her and Mike.

I know Donya Archer was awesome to you all, but since I was a kid when she was co-anchor-and can't remember much about her then, Sheinelle was awesome to me.

If I'm not mistaken, Donya made her way back into private life (save for a part in one classic

sketch). With Sheinelle in the big leagues now up at NBC, it might be difficult for an appearance but she more than deservedly should be involved. Hell, Kerri-Lee should show up at some point too.

If I'm not mistaken, Donya made her way back into private life (save for a part in one classic
sketch). With Sheinelle in the big leagues now up at NBC, it might be difficult for an appearance but she more than deservedly should be involved. Hell, Kerri-Lee should show up at some point too.

Maybe Don Tollefson too :rolleyes:

How are Mike and Alex going to be on at 5pm for the live stream if the evening news will be going on in the same studio?

I was watching the live stream earlier and just turned it on now during the 5PM news. Alex and some guests are sitting off to the side near the window whispering. You can hear the regular news anchors doing the news in the background.

If anyone wants to watch:http://www.fox29.com/20hours

The stream during the newscasts was totally bizarre (then again, isn't that what this is all about?). It was Alex & Mike with two local radio personalities basically on their phones while Chris & Dawn did a newscast less than 10 feet away.

Overnight should be a trip!

• Like 1

When did Kerri lee show up is their a place I could watch the stream that happened

• Like 1

I was watching Good Day this morning. Sheinelle Jones was the suprise guest today. She wasn't in the Good Day studio. She taped it from the Today Show set. Comparing her to Alex Holley, I like Alex better!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Why does FOX 29 never show SKYFOX while it is over breaking news? WPVI and WCAU show their copters sometimes but never fox.

Maybe its because they don't actually have a helicopter and they just use SkyFOX for branding purposes with a shared helicopter?

• 2 weeks later...
Are they still doing that thing where a separate anchor team does the Friday 10pm show and nothing else?

Yes. Lucy and Iain are on from Sunday-Thursday and Dawn and Chris are on friday nights. Maybe they will get kyw anchor Chris May to do the show with Lucy at 11pm

• 2 weeks later...