The Fox 29 News/Good Day Philadelphia Thread

Jess

Few thoughts:

- I'm intrigued to see if this tandem of Kathy and Scott will be the same as Cecily/Adam and Hurricane/Sheena.

- Could Fox 29 get in the midday newscast routine? Because Scott can easily be placed there, in the same line Hurricane is used in the 11, 4, and 6 PM newscasts.

- Bare with me as I'm not a regular of Fox 29 Morning News and Good Day... Could they use another weather anchor in the mornings? Since 29 goes from 4-10 AM, it's hard to see Sue doing the weather and switching to being a Good Day host. 29 can have a weather anchor do 4-7 AM and Sue can take over from 7-10.

They were already in the midday news scene for some time until a couple(?) years ago.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Is Fox 29 ever going to get a new 5,6, and 10pm studio? When you watch, it looks horrible.

I was saddened when they moved from the Good Day set to the one upstairs, since it was just another FOX O&O set. Admittedly, there are hurdles (read: stupid people) when dealing with a streetside studio, but it seems like that one's elevated enough from the sidewalk to buffer them from any crazy levels of stupid. I'd say that they should just move downstairs for the evening broadcasts.

I don't think the main set where the anchors sit is that bad. I just don't like/understand the "stand-up" area where a separate anchor or sports anchor will stand. It has those blurred out TV screens in the background. What's that supposed to be?

Yeah they started at 11AM and got trounched by TPIR and The View so they moved it to Noon and it didn't make a dent there against 3 and 6 so they eventually cancelled it.

Any chance that FOX 29, might think about cancelling the 5-6:30 PM newscasts, Monday-Friday and perhaps some of the weekend newscasts, due to low ratings?

• 2 weeks later...
Kathy Orr finally made her debut on 29.

She is just as great as she was on her last day on KYW. They were stupid to drop her.

I think it's cause Kathy Orr cost too much at KYW, they were losing ratings and she was still getting a big contract.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, with Kathy Orr in, it looks like Scott Williams will soon be on the way out. Word from our friends at FTVLive is that Williams will be soon parting ways

with the station.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/11/9/out-the-door-in-philly

Can't say I'm surprised. Feel sorry for Williams, but this is a win-win for Kathy Orr and Fox 29.

• Like 5

Well, with Kathy Orr in, it looks like Scott Williams will soon be on the way out. Word from our friends at FTVLive is that Williams will be soon parting ways

with the station.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/11/9/out-the-door-in-philly

I wonder if 10 might pick him up. They still could use 5th meteorologist

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed they've decided to zoom in on the evening anchors when they're doing a single shot, sort of an extreme close up. The anchor's faces seem to take up a majority of the screen now, more than the other local stations. Is this a new thing with the Fox local o & o's now?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's about time. The current(-but-not-for-long) set clearly aged terribly after all these years. I loved it when it debuted, but after all this time, I've wished for it to be gone ever since.

With a new set in the works upstairs, it shouldn't be far behind for a close sister station to the north to get one as well.

Agreed. Their's aged even worse.

If the set they're using today is their new set, it looks a lot like their old set. Plus, they're still using the up-close camera shot on the anchors. I like the Friday night anchors (Dawn/Chris), but not enough to see their nosehair. :confused: