The Fox 29 News/Good Day Philadelphia Thread

Jess

• 2 weeks later...

Site is a mess right now. Looks like someone's grandmother slopped together a Geocities page. The clunk is just awful and it's really never a good idea to hide the navigation pane on a desktop site. That works for mobile sites cause screen real estate is so precious but for a desktop site, some sort of active navigation is nice.

On the plus side though, going back to fox29.com is great. It rolls off the tongue and saves a few keystrokes (although that URL always redirected you to the site).

Site is a mess right now. Looks like someone's grandmother slopped together a Geocities page. The clunk is just awful and it's really never a good idea to hide the navigation pane on a desktop site. That works for mobile sites cause screen real estate is so precious but for a desktop site, some sort of active navigation is nice.

On the plus side though, going back to fox29.com is great. It rolls off the tongue and saves a few keystrokes (although that URL always redirected you to the site).

I agree with you. I never understood the whole MyFox thing

• 3 weeks later...
I guess screw you Scott Williams huh.

if he is smart he would have gotten a clause in his contract ala audrey puente when she was bumped off from weekday mornings at wcbs that if he is demoted the contract is void; heck i would negoate that in the event that if i were demoted from chief meterologist for the sake of bring in some one to be chief i would want my contract voided and be paid either 3 months or how everlong my non compete would be

Is Scott Williams leaving Fox 29 or is he staying?

According to Philly.com, Scott will do the 6PM newscast.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/celebrities/20150917_Sunshine_on_the_radar__Meteorologist_Kathy_Orr_goes_to_Fox29.html

Note the article says the announcement was made with a short statement. Actually, they made a big announcement, as Good Day teased a big announcement all morning and finally brought Kathy out from behind a curtain. Everyone hugged her and I think Jerrick even kissed her on the cheek. I don't think Bob Kelly was there, though, strangely.

Kathy Orr has joined Fox 29 to do weather on their 5 and 10PM newscasts.

http://www.fox29.com/news/20403990-story

Few thoughts:

- I'm intrigued to see if this tandem of Kathy and Scott will be the same as Cecily/Adam and Hurricane/Sheena.

- Could Fox 29 get in the midday newscast routine? Because Scott can easily be placed there, in the same line Hurricane is used in the 11, 4, and 6 PM newscasts.

- Bare with me as I'm not a regular of Fox 29 Morning News and Good Day... Could they use another weather anchor in the mornings? Since 29 goes from 4-10 AM, it's hard to see Sue doing the weather and switching to being a Good Day host. 29 can have a weather anchor do 4-7 AM and Sue can take over from 7-10.

Few thoughts:

- Bare with me as I'm not a regular of Fox 29 Morning News and Good Day... Could they use another weather anchor in the mornings? Since 29 goes from 4-10 AM, it's hard to see Sue doing the weather and switching to being a Good Day host. 29 can have a weather anchor do 4-7 AM and Sue can take over from 7-10.

Lauren Johnson will also sometimes do the 9AM hr with Mike and Alex, but I think she's currently on vacation. Jenn Frederick did the 9AM hour at the desk today.

Sue also does later weather hits on the hour. I don't know if they're pre-taped, but I've seen her do updates as late as 3PM. That's a long day.

• Like 1