Zoraida Sambolin Leaving CNN, Returning to Chicago

24994J

Zoraida Sambolin, anchor of CNN's 'Early Start' is leaving the cable channel and moving back to Chicago. She says that her cancer fight this year put things in perspective, so she's returning home to the Windy City after 2 years. Last I knew, she was married to Kenny Williams, a long-time executive for the White Sox organization, so this move probably isn't surprising.

"Work is in her future [...] but it's not known where."

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/zoraida-sambolin-leaving-cnn_b205860

That's a true shame. I feel like she never really got a chance there. First, they paired her with Ashleigh Banfield, which was a horrible combination, but she was a great anchor on her own. She worked really well with John Berman too, but by that time, Starting Point was already on its last legs, and Zucker was getting ready to revamp CNN mornings again.

CNN is definitely glad she's leaving because she never fit into their strategy after her whole dustup with Ashleigh Banfield BUT I can almost guarantee that she left under her own will. She's getting married to the White Sox GM Kenny Williams so it makes more sense for her to live in Chicago.

CNN is definitely glad she's leaving because she never fit into their strategy after her whole dustup with Ashleigh Banfield BUT I can almost guarantee that she left under her own will. She's getting married to the White Sox GM Kenny Williams so it makes more sense for her to live in Chicago.

She IS married to...

Maybe the national thing didn't work out for her not everyone likes the national stage and I'm not sure if Zoraida is from the Chicago area and has family there perhaps she wants to be closer to family or whatever. And the way Jeff Zucker is running CNN I don't blame her for wanting to leave. Heck I don't even blame Michaela for wanting to return back to LA either.

Archived